Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,066 to 1,069 of 1069

And my two cents about the legacy and wolverine-like characters discussion: I don’t get some of the criticism, Laura and Daken both -aside from their powers- are very different characters from Logan -- their origins, personalities, their looks (not just from Logan but they don’t even look like the typical feral mutants), and it’s even part of their characterization that they are not and don’t want to be like Logan – this also gives them very different stories on their own. The very reason they work is exactly because they’re different from Logan. Same reason for Gabby - despite being a clone of a clone and having so many Wolverine characters already, she has such a different unusually cheerful personality from Logan, Laura&Daken and all the other feral characters too, that no one really cares that her power is the same. I think the only problem is when writers kept adding unoriginal copy characters again and again, like Raze, Jimmy Hudson, Rein without any real depth of their stories. They really didn’t add anything new.

I think Sabretooth and Wild Child are much more similar to Logan and even to each other (not to mention the other similar feral characters from the 90s that were all designed the same way…), that I find them much more redundant. I know they are classic characters, but it kind of surprises me when I see that so unoriginal, similar looking characters that usually have the same tired stories over and over are being missed while the newer different ones, whose stories&characterizations are constantly developing even with all the bad writing they had, get the ‘they are the same as Logan’ criticism.
    Maybe unpopular opinion, but I don’t see the need of Wild child being back in the books who is just a light Creed copy, and neither Creed who adds nothing new to Logan and the X-Men, at this point everything is just rinse and repeat. (And as I was catching up with some older Wolverine comics recently, with all respect, it baffles me that anyone would miss or want to see more of such a repulsive character like him on the panels. Being in the pit in the Hickman era is good riddance... and going for a new arch nemesis with Solem looks more interesting too -hopefully they’re not going to ruin him along the way)

Wolverine comics needs something new, and the Wolverine family concept is a completely new idea. As Percy himself said, Logan can be finally happy, which is also very refreshing. We’ve seen him suffer and fight his enemies and his own demons so many times already, he deserves a break, - why would be this a bad thing? I’m a bit tired of repeating the same old tropes too, Logan being brainwashed; he attacks everyone he loves; his countless loved ones always dying (writers getting rid of them) just to give Logan another reason to suffer, but never a long time development with them… I’m glad that Percy wants to write something that we’ve never seen before and something positive this time(according to his interview); -he’s heading in the right direction imo. Also it’s a real criticism of Logan that compared to how he was often a mentor or father figure, he was never really there for his own kids(his fault or not) so it’s about time now that he can. Idk why Logan in a father role would be seen as a bad thing, it’s not like he needs to retire from the super hero community to take care of household chores either.

I know many Logan fans are long time fans, preferring older comics, but this is not the 80s 90s anymore, Logan hasn’t been a mysterious loner for decades now and doubt he’s ever going to be. Characters are always evolving into something new, and that’s a good thing. I wouldn’t want to read the same old stories over and over.

But this is just my two cents, I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion or argue. I just like the current direction. Cheers!
    Be kind, it's FREE

John Byrne, Chris Claremont and Terry Austin's X-Men made first place on CBR's list of Top Comic Runs.

https://www.cbr.com/top-comic-book-runs-2-1/

As they should have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    John Byrne, Chris Claremont and Terry Austin's X-Men made first place on CBR's list of Top Comic Runs.

Awesome