Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Very nice. but a certain segment of fandom hasn't "forgiven" him for Spider-Man 3. Hopefully they won't be "review bombing" the film before it even comes out.

Hopefully things get going on production by this fall. maybe a trailer next summer?
    That is just silly. I loved his first two spiderman films, the third film was not his fault. I REALLY look forward to his take on Doctor Strange!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Dear Diary: Really must say "damn."

So Doc's book has been canceled, which is consistent with the book not being listed in the solicitations for the next two months. But it isn't just a publishing delay. The plug has been pulled.

As usual, we are assured that his adventures are "far from over"...but it is clear that whatever Mark Waid had planned for the whole "Surgeon Supreme" concept has been put on the shelf. And, as usual when a book I read gets canceled, I scratch my head over the utter dross that keeps getting published.

Oh, well. At least I can keep re-reading my collected Dr. Strange comics. Admittedly, I am currently re-reading what was close to the nadir of Strange stories (Aaron's run) but that also means that I am very close to being able to re-start from the beginning and re-enjoying all those wonderful Strange Tales epics!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

I really don't get it, I'm gonna assume he'll get a book again by next year when things get close to normal but then again, gotta make room for a dumb event.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Dear Diary: Really must say "damn."

So Doc's book has been canceled, which is consistent with the book not being listed in the solicitations for the next two months. But it isn't just a publishing delay. The plug has been pulled.

As usual, we are assured that his adventures are "far from over"...but it is clear that whatever Mark Waid had planned for the whole "Surgeon Supreme" concept has been put on the shelf. And, as usual when a book I read gets canceled, I scratch my head over the utter dross that keeps getting published.

Oh, well. At least I can keep re-reading my collected Dr. Strange comics. Admittedly, I am currently re-reading what was close to the nadir of Strange stories (Aaron's run) but that also means that I am very close to being able to re-start from the beginning and re-enjoying all those wonderful Strange Tales epics!
    Marvel I feel like is going back to the 90's where events ruled and only the X-Men got top tier talent; I'm kinda dumbfounded at some of the titles right now and I love Aaron but his Avengers is like a Saturday morning cartoon from the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I really don't get it, I'm gonna assume he'll get a book again by next year when things get close to normal but then again, gotta make room for a dumb event.
    Waid may get a mini to revisit some of his ideas especially once Doctor Strange 2 comes out

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Waid may get a mini to revisit some of his ideas especially once Doctor Strange 2 comes out
    I hope we don't have to wait that long for a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I have no idea why Strange was cancelled. My best speculation is that the book was on the cancellation border prior to the "Surgeon Supreme" relaunch and Marvel used the renumbering as a chance for the book to get readers back. I also think Doc's return would be by another writer and, of course, a new direction. Waid did a good job of applying more standard superhero flavoring to Strange with the space trips and the "secret identity" aspect of Doc's surgical profession while still maintaining the Dr Strange weirdness. Recent writers have all tried to add something to the Strange concept with varying degrees of success.

But I will bet my own money that Doc will be back. When or how, I don't know, but he shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have no idea why Strange was cancelled. My best speculation is that the book was on the cancellation border prior to the "Surgeon Supreme" relaunch and Marvel used the renumbering as a chance for the book to get readers back. I also think Doc's return would be by another writer and, of course, a new direction. Waid did a good job of applying more standard superhero flavoring to Strange with the space trips and the "secret identity" aspect of Doc's surgical profession while still maintaining the Dr Strange weirdness. Recent writers have all tried to add something to the Strange concept with varying degrees of success.

But I will bet my own money that Doc will be back. When or how, I don't know, but he shall return.
    Maybe he'll take a larger role in Strange Academy? It does seem like a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Maybe he'll take a larger role in Strange Academy? It does seem like a good fit.
    Maybe. I'm not a fan of Skottie Young or Humberto Ramos so that wouldn't appeal to me, but that development seems logical.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait that long for a new series.
    I have a bad feeling that they might decide to just put out some collection trades of old stories, or something like a 4 issue mini to mark the release of the movie rather than release an on-going.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-06-2020 at 07:50 AM.

All-New Member

It really is a shame - I've enjoyed most of Waids stuff (Didn't care at all for the Galactus/Dormammu business) but Surgeon Supreme has been a welcome Status Quo Change and I've enjoyed him interacting with Druid. I was very disappointed to see that the series was cancelled with the release of #6. Kev Walker has been a favourite of mine since the 2000AD days, and Waid's writing has been consistently interesting and fun - I wanted to see what the deal was with Druid's arm in the most recent issue and more of a exploration of Magic and Medicine mixed together. It's such a ripe area to explore!

Damnit! While the first half of Waids run was a miss for me, I was LOVING the Surgeon Supreme stuff. Oh well.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

What are some things everyone here would like to see in any upcoming Dr. Strange book?

Hey for all fans, it seems like Marvel's Avengers game which is coming from Square Enix will have Dr Strange in their game, in the game code it was found that he is presented you can check more in the video below!

And also, Dr Strange made an appearance in issue 1 of X-Men: Empyre and will make one more appearance in Issue 4 of X-Men: Empyre as well.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 08-16-2020 at 05:00 PM.

how does Dr. Strange fare in current video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how does Dr. Strange fare in current video games?
    He's a lot of fun in MUA 3. He was a lot of fun in Marvel Heroes. He was a two bar hero, meaning you had to swap bars on him. But I raided with him and found him pretty easy to battle with and very powerful.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.