Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow. Someone made the outfit for cosplay. You can buy it on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5940170...trange-costume
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The collar's a bit over the top, but otherwise, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The collar's a bit over the top, but otherwise, very nice.
    It looks that way, but I think it wouldn't look quite so HUGE if someone was wearing it. Maybe. LOL!

In the other pictures you can see the black figure work is more 3 dimensional and has a dark gold hue to it.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

whenever Mark Waid's run ends, I'd like to see what Christopher Priest can do with Dr. Strange-- (and hopefully not reverse the nerve damage currently healed)..

currently, what new villains have been invented in the past 20 years?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-05-2020 at 05:23 PM.

To be honest, I never really liked that outfit. The Cloak of Levitation should be a cloak, not a coat. The sleeves are a problem. With a cloak, Doc could mental order it to fly off of him and wrap up a lesser foe. He can't really do that if his arms are in the sleeves. It isn't often that you have a costume re-design that actually weakens the main character...
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. Someone made the outfit for cosplay. You can buy it on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5940170...trange-costume
    I love it! Anyone have $877 I can borrow?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    To be honest, I never really liked that outfit. The Cloak of Levitation should be a cloak, not a coat. The sleeves are a problem. With a cloak, Doc could mental order it to fly off of him and wrap up a lesser foe. He can't really do that if his arms are in the sleeves. It isn't often that you have a costume re-design that actually weakens the main character...
    I liked it as costume, and coats were cool at the time with everyone on 'Highlander' wearing them. But coat of levitation just seemed and sounded weird. I was glad to see it changed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I liked it as costume, and coats were cool at the time with everyone on 'Highlander' wearing them. But coat of levitation just seemed and sounded weird. I was glad to see it changed back.
    If the cloak has the power to fly, lift a wearer along with it, and wrap around a victim, then being able to reshape itself isn't that bizarre a new ability.

Who else prefer his space (Jesus Saiz) costume over his homie current costume?

tumblr_pllzwz2zE71rkeyvs_540.jpg1578093817_THE-WRECKER-wreaks-havoc-in-DOCTOR-STRANGE-2.jpg

I know it's his classic look, but I hate the fanny pack, the cleaning gloves and those hideous boots. If they're going classic, go all the way classic à la Paul Smith. Hell, even Jesus Saiz did an excellent classic Strange.

Incredible Member

Screw "Classic look". Ok only in some cases.
    Saiz's design was great and a very welcome change.
    Shame it seems to have fallen through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

tumblr_pllzwz2zE71rkeyvs_540.jpg1578093817_THE-WRECKER-wreaks-havoc-in-DOCTOR-STRANGE-2.jpg

I know it's his classic look, but I hate the fanny pack, the cleaning gloves and those hideous boots. If they're going classic, go all the way classic à la Paul Smith. Hell, even Jesus Saiz did an excellent classic Strange.
    No, it's not exactly his classic look. The LARPing outfit with the "fanny pack" and the awful axe were a Bachlo and Aaron invention. I'd rather have the space outfit than that ugliness. However, my all time favorite is his classic tunic, tights and Cloak of Levitation.

So, is anyone reading the latest Savage Avengers arc, that features Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom and ... Conan?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

Not a fan of the Saiz costume. It's like they're going for a mystical Superman look. Plus, on strange I never want to see the colors of his main uniform as black and white. It looks boring on him.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-15-2020 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

I liked his costume in Bendis Avengers run
    Classic colors with a reimagining
    8F823E5D-FB63-436B-A712-915FC2109451.jpg

I also like the Runic look with the MCU costume. Mixes in well with their take on the Ancient One.

There’s a couple costumes I’ve seen I liked. Usually with the classic colors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, is anyone reading the latest Savage Avengers arc, that features Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom and ... Conan?
    Yeah, it's been fun. Latest issue ended on a really cool cliffhanger.