Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

For research purposes: do you consider Stephen Strange a legacy character in the same vein as Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Jane Thor, Kyle Rayner, Captain Marvel, etc.?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For research purposes: do you consider Stephen Strange a legacy character in the same vein as Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Jane Thor, Kyle Rayner, Captain Marvel, etc.?
    The title of "sorcerer supreme" yes can be attributed to a legacy character, we can have different Iron man or different supreme sorcerer, but there can be only one Tony Stark or Doctor Strange.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Yeah, the Sorcerer Supreme is a mantle but "Dr. Strange" definitely isn't.

Unless Stephen has a relative who is also a doctor, but I don't think Stephen's family comes up that much.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    The title of "sorcerer supreme" yes can be attributed to a legacy character, we can have different Iron man or different supreme sorcerer, but there can be only one Tony Stark or Doctor Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the Sorcerer Supreme is a mantle but "Dr. Strange" definitely isn't.

Unless Stephen has a relative who is also a doctor, but I don't think Stephen's family comes up that much.
    What lordozone and Frontier said. Sorcerer Supreme is legacy title / mantle.

Maybe, I'm misunderstanding the term legacy character, but I don't think any of those characters, except maybe Kyle Rayner, you listed as legacy so much as derivative. They aren't mantles passed on. Kyle Rayner, OTOH, isn't derivative or a mantle, he's just another Green Lantern in the Corps.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

As everyone else has said, the title of "Sorcerer Supreme" is one which can be passed to different characters, and has done so in the Marvel Universe on a number of ocassions, "Doctor Strange", on the other hand, isn't a mantle, it's descriptive of Stephen Strange having been a medical doctor, the accoplishment of achieving a doctorate doesn't suddenly vanish simply because someone no longer practices in their field.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

So, has anyone heard even a rumor of who is going to be the creative team on next Doctor Strange book??? I'm assuming there will be one next year.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, has anyone heard even a rumor of who is going to be the creative team on next Doctor Strange book??? I'm assuming there will be one next year.
    It won’t be - but I WISH it was the Immortal Hulk team.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I hadn't heard. I'd like to see Christopher Priest as writer, and for him to explore themes of spirituality. He'd be good at it.