Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The GIANT size Ditko Dr. Strange book is out!

Written by STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO with DON RICO, ROY THOMAS & DENNIS O’NEIL
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Steve Ditko is an inimitable talent dedicated to a singular vision. Steve Ditko is one of the greatest storytellers of all time. Steve Ditko is the visual master who created dimensions beyond imagining and worlds beyond compare. Steve Ditko is strange…Doctor Strange! Dr. Stephen Strange was a world-renowned surgeon until an accident crippled his hands. Broken and destitute, he journeyed to Tibet in search of a legendary healer. There, he found not a man of medicine — but the path to the mystic arts! This King-Size edition presents Steve Ditko and Stan Lee’s complete Doctor Strange stories at a massive size — so big that each page is like falling into another dimension! Lose yourself in the debuts of iconic characters like Baron Mordo, Wong, Eternity, Clea, Dormammu, the Mindless Ones and more! Collecting material from STRANGE TALES (1951) #110-111 and #114-146.
    328 PGS./All Ages …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92544-4
    Trim size: 13-5/8 x 21-1/4
    It's over a foot wide and almost two feet tall!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just starting my re-read of the Thomas/Guice run. I forgot how much I loved this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just starting my re-read of the Thomas/Guice run. I forgot how much I loved this run.
    I don't think you can go wrong with Roy Thomas on Dr Strange. And Guice's art is always pretty.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I stumbled across this Comic Book Legends Revealed by Brian Cronin ...

"Discover whether there actually are unpublished Doctor Strange stories that Ditko never submitted to Marvel"

O_O

Apparently Ditko drew TWO stories that just needed scripts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Macchio
    He has a couple of Doctor Strange stories that he’s never turned in,” said Macchio, who maintains an ongoing relationship with the artist. “No amount of prying could get them from him, but there are a couple of completed Ditko Dr. Stranges out there.”

Macchio did his best to explain the value of the stories to Ditko, telling him they were worth their weight in gold, but-as the editor remembers-“It didn’t impress him.”
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-u...d-steve-ditko/

This is from 2018, so does anyone know if these stories ever got published?

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Did the version of Doctor Strange from the JMS and Brandon Peterson Marvel Knights series ever show up in any other story, issue, or series? Or has that been the only appearance?
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Has anyone picked up the Giant-sized "Ditko is Strange" hardcover? Part of me wants it pretty bad, but the size of it is insane.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Did the version of Doctor Strange from the JMS and Brandon Peterson Marvel Knights series ever show up in any other story, issue, or series? Or has that been the only appearance?
    And as unnecessary as it was, I really liked that series. Great artwork from Peterson!

However I'm pretty sure that it was one-and-done. I don't think it even got collected in trade...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Hello. Sorry if I'm steering away from any current discussion, but out of curiosity, what would guys consider to be Doctor Strange's best fights or battles in Marvel comics? Classic and modern examples would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    And as unnecessary as it was, I really liked that series. Great artwork from Peterson!

However I'm pretty sure that it was one-and-done. I don't think it even got collected in trade...?
    Thanks for the info. It was collected in a trade...I did some research and found it on eBay and Amazon.

The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Demon Rider Kushala from Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme is getting her own solo book.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-1...or-solo-title/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme was a great series, I hope they do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Demon Rider Kushala from Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme is getting her own solo book.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-1...or-solo-title/
    Kind of random, but okay...

I wouldn't mind a Kushala series...especially if it allows a few of Marvel's Western heroes to make appearances. The Ringo Kid, for example, with his half-Comanche background.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Thanks for the info. It was collected in a trade...I did some research and found it on eBay and Amazon.

Oh nice, good to know! I'll have to track down a copy.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Anyone you’d like to see on Dr Strange?

My vote goes to the Ewing/Bennet team after they wrap up Immortal Hulk.