Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

There's a Doctor Strange sale on Comixology, but Marvel still hasn't digitized #63-66 of the '74-'87 series.
    Sigh.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What are some things everyone here would like to see in any upcoming Dr. Strange book?
    First and foremost, more Clea! It's been far too long since she's played any substantial role in a Doc book (or the MU in general!).

Beyond that, I know what I *don't want*, and that's Stephen constantly struggling. While I liked both for the most part, I feel like the bulk of both Aaron's and Cate's runs showed a level of ineptness that got tiresome. I want to see Strange back at the top of his game. Yes, he needs to be challenged, but he also needs to A.) be confident that he can handle said challenges, and B.) actually come out on top without devastating repercussions.

Waid was on the right track, but obviously he got cut short.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If Doctor Strange is getting a new book, I wouldn't mind seeing more interactions or wild and crazy adventures with Spider-Man.

Symbiote Spider-Man was a nice little title and I enjoyed their back and forth.

BANNED

I liked the cosmic stuff seeing Strange in space and making mystical items.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a mixture of the surgeon supreme stuff mixed with otherworldly/dimensions at the same time. Kind of the Superman effect where he keeps the surgeon job but also fights threats to the planet/universe

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I saw this on twitter, and decided it NEEDED to be in this thread.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

^ ^ ^

"Hate-filled"? Maybe it just has resting b!tch face...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

"Hate-filled"? Maybe it just has resting b!tch face...?
    LOL! I know, right? I'm wondering exactly what makes Strange think this is a hate-filled giant slug? Is it the black 'cloud' between its horns?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I want some new villains that get brought back, and developed beyond just the writer who created them. More interaction with female magic users of the MU. Specially Topaz, Margali Szardos, Amanda Sefton, Jennifer Kale, Talisman, etc. Make Dr. Voodoo a re-occurring cast member. Bring back Dr. Druid. Also, just more female magic users in general.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I want to see Strange as powerful as he should be. This is someone who used to talk with Eternity and the big leagues. No more losing his magic, or having a price for the magic he uses.
    Let’s have him be a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I want to see Strange as powerful as he should be. This is someone who used to talk with Eternity and the big leagues. No more losing his magic, or having a price for the magic he uses.
    Let’s have him be a badass.
    100%
    De-powering Strange is just a mask for weak or unimaginative storytelling.

I have read almost no Strange in the '2000s - what happened to his powers, was it a single event? I remember how he lost to Magik in AvX and remember thinking "Whoa! That's an upset result" but ppl said that Strange was operating on reduced power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have read almost no Strange in the '2000s - what happened to his powers, was it a single event? I remember how he lost to Magik in AvX and remember thinking "Whoa! That's an upset result" but ppl said that Strange was operating on reduced power levels.
    It was completely moronic. Strange had in decades past lost and regained most of his powers a few times before, but starting, was it with Bendis in Avengers? Dr Strange was put into tight story cycles of Loosing his powers and finally at the end regaining them. Immediately after regaining them the next writer would take them away with a different reason and to give them back at the conclusion. This was repeated back to back. I forget how many times, was it five? Writers on other books couldn't keep up with why he had lost them at any moment in time. What were the editors and writers thinking? They clearly didn't care what had gone before.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

BKV and Hickman sort of wrote Dr Strange with wild powers. Aside from that, it’s been continuous lazy writing of taking away from him rather than play into his strengths.

I'm also good off Strange losing his powers in every run, and/or paying the price constantly. Yeah, magic use has consequences, we get it! No need to show it over and over again in every issue... *eyeroll*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I'd love to do a team book called Dr. Strange & the Secret Defenders -- the basic premise is that Strange has secretly manipulated some local heroes into inhabiting an apartment building in which Strange has contained a nexus to other dimensions.

Strange would be the enigmatic leader, but the book would also give major focus to the denizens of the apartment building.

If I was given a realistic choice of characters to include in the book, I'd try for Rick Sheridan and Sleepwalker, Michael "Deathlok" Collins and his family, Cloak and Dagger, the Scarlet Spider Clone Bros, and the Runaways. Oh, and the mysterious someone living in the attic apartment.

-Pav, who also be cool with a Strange/Spidey team-up ongoing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details