Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I have to agree with those that think Marvel has moved Dr. Strange's birthdate and tying him to the sliding timeline. At this point, I'm wondering how much of his continuity they are just ignoring / deleting.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Strange also appears in Tarot #1 as one of the Defenders
    He did! If you are looking for old school Dr. Strange, NOT in a LARPing outfit, or throwing up after using magic, this book is for you. It sets up a confrontation with the Avengers, who, like in the first Avengers Defenders War, are being ... influenced.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have to agree with those that think Marvel has moved Dr. Strange's birthdate and tying him to the sliding timeline. At this point, I'm wondering how much of his continuity they are just ignoring / deleting.
    probably a whole lot.

BANNED

If they ought to ignore anything it’s the retcon that Mordo was somehow involved in Strange’s car accident

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?
    Anytime I can get more Dr. Strange is a good time.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It depends, really.

If we're talking about Avengers who are confronting Baron Zemo & the Masters of Evil AGAIN, then Strange is massively overpowered. He can defeat most non-magical/cosmic villains with one rhyming couplet.

OTOH, if we lean more towards the high-end villains, like Kang or the Grandmaster, then Strange comes in handy because he raises the Avengers' ability to fight such beings.

This is why I prefer having him as more of a "consultant" in team books. Someone you call in when you know punching alone will not solve the problem.

I hated Bendis' Dr. Strange on the Avengers. Horrible. Don't like him on any Avengers team really. IF Dr. Strange is on a team, it should be the Defenders, which handles more Strange like threats.

Strange can show up in The Avengers if there's a major world-ending threat or a mystic threat that the roster isn't prepared for, but I don't see him as a consistent member on a team.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Here's a gratuitous pic, for no other reason than it's one of my single favorite Doc issues ever!

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nice choice. I always thought the Ellis run had potential (but then again, I thought the same thing about Quinn, once I heard what he'd actually planned)

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Here's a gratuitous pic, for no other reason than it's one of my single favorite Doc issues ever!
    While not my favorite Dr. Strange outfit, I liked this one a lot. It was a bit dandified, but I like that so much better than the LARPing one. This one had on old fashioned sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    While not my favorite Dr. Strange outfit, I liked this one a lot. It was a bit dandified, but I like that so much better than the LARPing one. This one had on old fashioned sense of style.
    I rather like it, myself. But I could never figure out what the deal was with the long shirt-tails. I'd much rather see the golden filigree as more of a waistcoat, and Stephen tuck in his damn shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I rather like it, myself. But I could never figure out what the deal was with the long shirt-tails. I'd much rather see the golden filigree as more of a waistcoat, and Stephen tuck in his damn shirt.
    It was part of the fashion at the time. A large untucked shirt. In another timeline this may have developed into a more formal outer wear replacing the jacket which was being made in evermore light weight fabrics anyway. Instead, the shirt was then made more slim fitting (but still untucked) and shorter. Perhaps all the better to fit the Edwardian military style jackets that came in to favour. I suppose we could have seen the tail end of this with Dr Strange's Oath outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    It was part of the fashion at the time. A large untucked shirt. In another timeline this may have developed into a more formal outer wear replacing the jacket which was being made in evermore light weight fabrics anyway. Instead, the shirt was then made more slim fitting (but still untucked) and shorter. Perhaps all the better to fit the Edwardian military style jackets that came in to favour. I suppose we could have seen the tail end of this with Dr Strange's Oath outfit
    I don't remember that particular fashion trend, but it has been 25 years.