Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82
  1. #16
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    I have to agree with those that think Marvel has moved Dr. Strange's birthdate and tying him to the sliding timeline. At this point, I'm wondering how much of his continuity they are just ignoring / deleting.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  2. #17
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Strange also appears in Tarot #1 as one of the Defenders
    He did! If you are looking for old school Dr. Strange, NOT in a LARPing outfit, or throwing up after using magic, this book is for you. It sets up a confrontation with the Avengers, who, like in the first Avengers Defenders War, are being ... influenced.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have to agree with those that think Marvel has moved Dr. Strange's birthdate and tying him to the sliding timeline. At this point, I'm wondering how much of his continuity they are just ignoring / deleting.
    probably a whole lot.

  4. #19
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    If they ought to ignore anything it’s the retcon that Mordo was somehow involved in Strange’s car accident

  5. #20
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?
    Anytime I can get more Dr. Strange is a good time.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, & TMNT!

  7. #22
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?
    It depends, really.

    If we're talking about Avengers who are confronting Baron Zemo & the Masters of Evil AGAIN, then Strange is massively overpowered. He can defeat most non-magical/cosmic villains with one rhyming couplet.

    OTOH, if we lean more towards the high-end villains, like Kang or the Grandmaster, then Strange comes in handy because he raises the Avengers' ability to fight such beings.

    This is why I prefer having him as more of a "consultant" in team books. Someone you call in when you know punching alone will not solve the problem.

  8. #23
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Strange being an Avenger? Does it really fit in with Waid’s depiction of Strange in the solos?
    I hated Bendis' Dr. Strange on the Avengers. Horrible. Don't like him on any Avengers team really. IF Dr. Strange is on a team, it should be the Defenders, which handles more Strange like threats.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  9. #24
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,868

    Default

    Strange can show up in The Avengers if there's a major world-ending threat or a mystic threat that the roster isn't prepared for, but I don't see him as a consistent member on a team.

  10. #25
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Here's a gratuitous pic, for no other reason than it's one of my single favorite Doc issues ever!

    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #26
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Nice choice. I always thought the Ellis run had potential (but then again, I thought the same thing about Quinn, once I heard what he'd actually planned)

  12. #27
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Here's a gratuitous pic, for no other reason than it's one of my single favorite Doc issues ever!
    While not my favorite Dr. Strange outfit, I liked this one a lot. It was a bit dandified, but I like that so much better than the LARPing one. This one had on old fashioned sense of style.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #28
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    While not my favorite Dr. Strange outfit, I liked this one a lot. It was a bit dandified, but I like that so much better than the LARPing one. This one had on old fashioned sense of style.
    I rather like it, myself. But I could never figure out what the deal was with the long shirt-tails. I'd much rather see the golden filigree as more of a waistcoat, and Stephen tuck in his damn shirt.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member Indian Ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I rather like it, myself. But I could never figure out what the deal was with the long shirt-tails. I'd much rather see the golden filigree as more of a waistcoat, and Stephen tuck in his damn shirt.
    It was part of the fashion at the time. A large untucked shirt. In another timeline this may have developed into a more formal outer wear replacing the jacket which was being made in evermore light weight fabrics anyway. Instead, the shirt was then made more slim fitting (but still untucked) and shorter. Perhaps all the better to fit the Edwardian military style jackets that came in to favour. I suppose we could have seen the tail end of this with Dr Strange's Oath outfit

  15. #30
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    It was part of the fashion at the time. A large untucked shirt. In another timeline this may have developed into a more formal outer wear replacing the jacket which was being made in evermore light weight fabrics anyway. Instead, the shirt was then made more slim fitting (but still untucked) and shorter. Perhaps all the better to fit the Edwardian military style jackets that came in to favour. I suppose we could have seen the tail end of this with Dr Strange's Oath outfit
    I don't remember that particular fashion trend, but it has been 25 years.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •