Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I don’t really remember much about the Raimi Spider-Man movies tbh but I’m glad they found a director. Hoping to see some really awesome stuff in the Doctor Strange sequel
    I only liked the second Spider-Man movie, so I’m not really thrilled by him coming on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

Did you know that Stephen Strange is not the original Dr. Strange? See the first one here
    is this fellow still in canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Two Strange related things I am super excited about.

1. The new Surgeon Supreme series by Mark Waid is FANTASTIC!!!! While Waid’s first run was largely hit or miss for me, this series is exactly what I was looking for! I can’t believe there is not more talk about it on here.

2. Sam Raimi directing Doctor Strange?! Take my money!
    Raimi directing Strange would be hilarious after that namedrop in Spider-Man 2 .

BANNED

What’s the name drop I literally don’t remember anything that happened in the Spider-Man movies other than kissing Mary Jane, stopping a train, and dancing really bad in Spider-Man 3 as well as fighting his best friend who blamed him for his father’s death

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    What’s the name drop I literally don’t remember anything that happened in the Spider-Man movies other than kissing Mary Jane, stopping a train, and dancing really bad in Spider-Man 3 as well as fighting his best friend who blamed him for his father’s death
    https://comicbook.com/2017/08/09/spi...ge-reference-/

BANNED

That’s hilarious appreciate it

Just reread the last issue. The Doctor manhandling the Wrecker at the end for information seemed a misstep. He's not Daredevil, and anyway he has the Eye of Agamotto which is a far more efficient and fool proof.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Just reread the last issue. The Doctor manhandling the Wrecker at the end for information seemed a misstep. He's not Daredevil, and anyway he has the Eye of Agamotto which is a far more efficient and fool proof.
    I can buy him being pretty pissed with what wrecker put him through, but yeah it is weird given he did use the eye (or attempt to) in the very same issue. It’s just a minor quibble for me though

So are we going to get a HC of Waid’s first series?

MAN!!! The latest issue was so good!!! This is my comic of the year so far.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

My favorite comic podcast gave it 5 out of 5, and raved about the book. I'm still behind, sadly.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Yeah, that was a really fun one-and-done. I hope we see more of these in the future, Waid does them really well. The art was great too

BANNED

Doctor Strange The End bugged me. I’ll start by saying I liked the mentorship love shown for Magik but outside that the whole power loss thing/dying magic has been done way too often recently which I would of been fine with if I thought it made sense.

What didn’t make sense though to me was the fact that Doctor Strange being the only sorceror around atleast on Earth as far as we know made magic weaker? What was Agammato doing in Avengers BCE fighting Celestials if something like this is a handicap? What’s the point of being the sorceror supreme if your magic is dependent on other mages.

How did the Earth lose most of its magic at the death of Wanda? Like honestly did the Earth not have magic before Wanda was born?
    I don’t even think Wanda uses artifacts for spells and that was mentioned as being something she set up for the mages to do.

I feel like magic was dwindling could of been handled better all together. Outside that it was a fun read though lol

Wanda used artifacts for magic. Remember that she did learn traditional magic from Agatha in the 70s. Maybe it's the Chthonic source that is the link to earth's magic? He's a being of pure earth magic. He's supposedly somehow linked to her family line. But they never fully went into that. Only mentioned it in a couple places.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda used artifacts for magic. Remember that she did learn traditional magic from Agatha in the 70s. Maybe it's the Chthonic source that is the link to earth's magic? He's a being of pure earth magic. He's supposedly somehow linked to her family line. But they never fully went into that. Only mentioned it in a couple places.
    We shouldn’t have to speculate why Earth’s magic is so dependent on Sorcerers/Sorcerous being present or why most of it is lost without Wanda. I enjoyed the issue but the premise was on the fence of magic being diminished and the reason why made it rather annoying.

Feel like the Witcher universe handles magic better. Heck I’d argue the DC universe does as well.