Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    We shouldn’t have to speculate why Earth’s magic is so dependent on Sorcerers/Sorcerous being present or why most of it is lost without Wanda. I enjoyed the issue but the premise was on the fence of magic being diminished and the reason why made it rather annoying.

Feel like the Witcher universe handles magic better. Heck I’d argue the DC universe does as well.
    Oh definitely not excusing the lack of story. Just saying that Wanda has used traditional magic artifacts, and what they could have been aiming for there.

ETA: I read it and they are referencing the Nexus Being stuff, which was why Chthon picked her as his vessel.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-17-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Doctor Strange: The End fell flat for me, too, mainly for the reasons already stated. Honestly, although it is far from perfect, I think I prefer "the End" of Dr. Strange that was portrayed in Guardians of the Galaxy #36-37 (1993).
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Doctor Strange: The End fell flat for me, too, mainly for the reasons already stated. Honestly, although it is far from perfect, I think I prefer "the End" of Dr. Strange that was portrayed in Guardians of the Galaxy #36-37 (1993).
    Will probably be checking it out

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh definitely not excusing the lack of story. Just saying that Wanda has used traditional magic artifacts, and what they could have been aiming for there.

ETA: I read it and they are referencing the Nexus Being stuff, which was why Chthon picked her as his vessel.
    That’s news to me. I never really seen Wanda as a character that relied or needs artifacts or magical items for any reason. I don’t read much on her either. Appreciate the info

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Will probably be checking it out

That’s news to me. I never really seen Wanda as a character that relied or needs artifacts or magical items for any reason. I don’t read much on her either. Appreciate the info
    It's because she doesn't use them much. Since most stories don't delve into what she's learned from Agatha anymore. Most just have her use raw power and call it a day.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

The rumour of Sam Raimi directing Doctor Strange 2 is all sort of awesome.
    A Doctor Strange movie by Sam Raimi would be way cool.

Count me in for also not enjoying Doctor Strange The End. It was very sub-par.

I am all in for a Sam Raimi directed sequel! Very much looking forward to this film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Enjoying this series. I don't buy that he is the ONLY surgeon on Earth that can do these surgeries, but it makes for interesting stories. I wasn't sure about Kev Walker at first, but I think he is finding his footing. This issues art was particularly good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Enjoying this series. I don't buy that he is the ONLY surgeon on Earth that can do these surgeries, but it makes for interesting stories. ...
    Yeah, one of the benefits of the present new tech is that it raises the number of people who can do "impossible" procedures from numbers of god like surgeons that could be counted on one hand in past generations. To those whom might be now counted in the hundreds globally.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Thoughts on Straczynskis Dr Strange? I never read his mini series, but I LOVED how he was written during Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Thoughts on Straczynskis Dr Strange? I never read his mini series, but I LOVED how he was written during Spider-Man.
    It's a very well-drawn MATRIX ripoff.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah I’d heard it was all a reimagining of his origins...his portrayal in Spider-Man was great. What did you think to that?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah I’d heard it was all a reimagining of his origins...his portrayal in Spider-Man was great. What did you think to that?
    Never read it. I don't read Spider-Man (or, indeed, most superhero books. I'm finicky. )

Astonishing Member

Sam Raimi confirmed in a interview that he is involved in the Doctor Strange 2 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Sam Raimi confirmed in a interview that he is involved in the Doctor Strange 2 movie.
    Very nice. but a certain segment of fandom hasn't "forgiven" him for Spider-Man 3. Hopefully they won't be "review bombing" the film before it even comes out.

Hopefully things get going on production by this fall. maybe a trailer next summer?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Very nice. but a certain segment of fandom hasn't "forgiven" him for Spider-Man 3. Hopefully they won't be "review bombing" the film before it even comes out.

Hopefully things get going on production by this fall. maybe a trailer next summer?
    Yeah,i am hoping that there is some common sense.Spider-Man 3 was made in a different time,it´s a different character that Doctor Strange and is just normal that not all the movies of a director will be equally great to all the people.So to see criticism to a new Doctor Strange movie by Sam Raimi just because he made Spider-Man 3 would be silly.
    Dunno about the production,i just read the interview today that Sam Raimi confirmed he was making the movie.