Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The Inhumans will someday have a book again. How many have they had since early '70s. Eventually they will be used again in most other stories.

Since I've read Marvel since the late '60s, I'm probably ready for the jump-off point, killing Sue, would be that.
    You are right since there are writers at Marvel who have taken intreset in writing their characters.

I think it will be alright. Half the Inhumans books happened in the 00s before there was a MCU to shill for, they even got their first masterworks released during that time. It's not like they were in limbo before the push. The only real worry is if Marvel actually fears fan backlash. iirc Soule and Stegman did a podcast last year where they mentioned the ill will caused by the push effected the sales.

Interesting. There a link to the podcast? I always enjoy Soule's interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interesting. There a link to the podcast? I always enjoy Soule's interviews.
    http://stegmanandfriends.podbean.com...charles-soule/
    I think this is it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't follow.

And yes, Inhumans have nobody higher up protecting them and with Feige's fight with Perlmutter, that's even more so. Inhumans have been left out adrift and who knows when we'll have something solid to look forward to. Ms Marvel (the latest game and more so the D+ show) is as close as we'll ever get for a long while and even then, there's zero guarantee that Inhumans as a people will be anything more than a foot note in that story.
    Hickman's pitch for Krakao is making a mutant nation which is isolationist, they view themselves seperate from humanity completely (even someone like Jean Grey thinks they ned to lie to humans in X-Force). It's not moral ambiguous it's got cultish atmosphere, it's a closed society, the Quiet Council - those who govern the country are an unelected military junta, Apocalypse is given free reign to conquer countries for Krakoa, the Crucible is a problematic pseudo-magical ritual that indoctrinates the initiates to bend to the will of Krakao and Apocalypse himself so he can personally kill them so they can be "reborn" with their powers (in reality its a stopgap to prevent mutants committing mass suicide and overwhelming the Five who resurrect all mutants), they made Sinister a keystone in their society since they rely on his DNA sampling and cloning tech for resurrection and so much more. There is a good country buried underneath there but it's a slow motion train wreck that's heading for disaster. And they don't have lawyers in trials, either. It's like if Attilan was constructed from the ground up by Maximus the Mad and all the royals were corrupted by him.

Hopefully the Inhumans will be able to gain steam by guest starring in other titles, and with titles like Ms.Marvel, until they can launch their own titles again.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I think it will be alright. Half the Inhumans books happened in the 00s before there was a MCU to shill for, they even got their first masterworks released during that time. It's not like they were in limbo before the push. The only real worry is if Marvel actually fears fan backlash. iirc Soule and Stegman did a podcast last year where they mentioned the ill will caused by the push effected the sales.
    That's because the X-Men fans were gaslighted, and the whole comic book community became paranoid when they started to see more poc, female Thor, Ironheart, etc.

There's a thread here that basically calls that era garbage because they felt like fans were being force fed diversity, acceptance, and new things. People didn't want change, and just want the façade of their nostalgia. The inhumans represented a change some readers feared. Ms Marvel was everything that era represented, a female poc inhuman superheroine, and she succeeded very well.

speaking of kamala
    spoilers:
    She entered some kind of mindscape where she could see other versions of herself. It seemed similar to what happened to Black Bolt in the second half of his solo when he almost died. Since Ahmed wrote both I wonder if it's an inhuman thing
    end of spoilers

Happy 55th anniversary Inhumans.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

I’ve asked this before, I believe, but about how old are Ahura and Luna suppose to be right now?

Is one of them attending the Braddock Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’ve asked this before, I believe, but about how old are Ahura and Luna suppose to be right now?

Is one of them attending the Braddock Academy?
    Luna use to go to braddock. iirc Ahura was 16 in uncanny inhumans. luna has never had an official and has been pretty inconsistent in recent years. She was apparently young enough for Crystal to be reading her bed time stories in lockjaw. i'd say she is ten or younger. The last quicksilver mini by ahmed had her depicted as a teenager.

Astonishing Member

Luna use to go to braddock. iirc Ahura was 16 in uncanny inhumans. luna has never had an official and has been pretty inconsistent in recent years. She was apparently young enough for Crystal to be reading her bed time stories in lockjaw. i'd say she is ten or younger. The last quicksilver mini by ahmed had her depicted as a teenager.
    It's also weird since Luna was born before Ahura (6 years IRL) though he aged at a fast rate so either he is going by his Biological age not Chronological age, he spent much longer time then thought with Kang, or a bit of both.

unused cover for Death of the inhumans
    https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1304600874724061184

Astonishing Member

Traced art.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Traced art.
    I thought it was an old Lee picture when I scrolled by it. Doesn't look like anything else Andrews did for the covers.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was an old Lee picture when I scrolled by it. Doesn't look like anything else Andrews did for the covers.
    1998 Inhumans number 7.
    Attached Images Attached Images