Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Marvel just announced new interactions between Kamala and Cyclops (with the rest of the current Champions and a few members of Kate Pryde's Marauders apparently)
    I can't wait (I love their friendship so much)
    It was good during the War of Realm tie in.

Galaxies Wanderer

tl;dr in the end! Nothing construtive, just sharing some appreciation.

I found this thread yesterday and after reading the 38 pages I felt like I could comment something.
    First of all, thank you for the idea of ​​this topic (I don't know if it is something that has been happening for a long time)... I found this at the right time. Resting from a burnout from reading a lot of comics in a row I decided to google about comics or plans for 2021/2022 about the inhumans, even if I had no expectations.
    I started reading comics this year, I've always been a fan of Marvel characters (mostly from movies and games), but I never stopped to read comics.
    I had a sudden interest in the inhumans and searched about it (I watched the abc series first) and then some time later I gave comics a chance (and sadly I couldn't find anything else).
    Started with Royals (I don't remember why... but I have a reputation for reading things out of order, so it may be natural???), followed by IvX (which I read out of curiosity about why so many negative and toxic comments)... it wasn't a good start, I see it clearly today.
    Using the help of wiki/fandom[.]com I was able to read a good part of the saga, now I'm just missing the old runs as FF (1961), DD (1964) and Avengers (1963).
    I admit that it is really difficult to be a fan of the inhumans with all this... hate running around, the toxic comments sucks and somehow hurts.
    I hate to see how this is going, especially when, in my case, I grew up watching the animated series of the x-men and now I'm more connected or attached "on the other side of the coin", I would like to consider myself neutral in that situation of rivalry between those two, but lately I admit that I can't do it anymore.

I would like to mention that my favorite runs were:
    Inhuman (2014): As mentioned before, the new characters (NuHumans) and all the spotlight they had, it was excellent. I loved the interaction of Gorgon singing heavy metal and yeeting Inferno meters away because he was on fire. (I really love it when heroes have a more casual moment.)
    All-New Inhumans: It was an interesting trip. Very tense in some parts, but with really good refreshing ending. This book was the most golden for me because of the character development of Gorgon (which is my favorite character, its gonna be written in my forehead if you link my three mentions), I admit that I almost cried when Pana healed him and said she could to the same for Petras. Plus the wheelchair, even though it was something that left Gorgon in a difficult time, was very badass.
    Royals: It was good, but I had mixed feelings especially when Medusa u know... I understand that they are childhood friends (I think she mentioned this when she met Black Bolt on that... dreamstate? idk), but it seemed... wrong, I don't know. I felt sorry for Black Bolt, I could feel that he was saddened by her answer on the subject. I goosebumps on the pages that Gorgon amplified his powers and nearly broke World Farm in two.

I refused to read DoI for a long time, assuming that what would happen there would not be very cool. And I really hated it because besides everything else the ending was so... fast? anticlimatic? and without any clue or spoiler that there would be a continuity.
    I don't have much to say about it, I just wanted to believe that it didn't happen. (but weeks ago I found on reddit that Beta Ray Bill made a mention in Guardians of the Galaxy (2019) #5 that the royal family was missing so...)

I still think that inhumans have a lot to explore like most of this thread already pointed, even more about the royal family's past (like they did in Once and Future Kings), I say this because of what someone pointed out about Gorgon's unknown sibling... and I would like to add small details (personal?) as if Petras and Alectos are really children of Myrra and more about her. With that I would like to see more about him, it would make my heart really happy to see Petras well and maybe even Alecto make an appearance.
    Triton too, as my second favorite, sometimes I think he was very... underdeveloped. (You better bring him back, otherwise I won't forgive you, Marvel.)
    And in general I would like to see more of the NuHumans too! ...maybe I got attached to them too.

I really hope that Marvel doesn't give up on them or take too long to bring up anything, even if its short.
    and please bring us merch, I love action figures and I can't find any besides funko pop.

...I think I wrote a lot, sorry!
    My friends are not really close to marvel stuff and I have a feel bad when I do these... walls of texts without them even knowing the context.

tl;dr
    For real, thanks for the thread, it was great to find this, helped to lift my spirit in this difficult time (i'm really new, but i guess its a complicated time) for a inhuman fan. With that energy here, I felt like I could to comment something.
    I started reading comics this year and I've read almost everything related to inhumans like crazy. I became a huge fan of them after a sudden interest. (looking for merch, wheres is the merch)
    I have nothing constructive to say, many things have already been mentioned here over the time and the ideas are reaaally good.
    It is a difficult time for us fans, but I hope there will be better times soon.
    The inhumans deserve better, the history is rich and there is a lot to be explored... if they fall into good hands.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Hey guys! I know we're all starving for content here, so I have a surprise for you.

A while ago I wrote a fan script for a hypothetical Inhumans comic, and posted it to several places. Not many people responded, but this thread was the only place where I found any actual feedback.

Since then, I've made it a long term goal to turn the entire script, all 100 pages, into an actual comic. I figured that maybe comic fans would respond better to that?

So far I only have the first 6 pages ready, and since certain people in this thread were kind enough to read my script and comment on it, you're getting a small preview.

tada!
    https://imgur.com/a/jgVXt0V
    just wanted to say that your work is really appreciated. I'm amateur writer myself and I assume you had a long road till get there.
    I saw your post on reddit and downloaded to read it later.
    Good work on that art/comic too, I hope you continues if you feel like!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post

I found this thread yesterday and after reading the 38 pages I felt like I could comment something.
    First of all, thank you for the idea of ​​this topic (I don't know if it is something that has been happening for a long time)... I found this at the right time. Resting from a burnout from reading a lot of comics in a row I decided to google about comics or plans for 2021/2022 about the inhumans, even if I had no expectations.
    I started reading comics this year, I've always been a fan of Marvel characters (mostly from movies and games), but I never stopped to read comics.
    I had a sudden interest in the inhumans and searched about it (I watched the abc series first) and then some time later I gave comics a chance (and sadly I couldn't find anything else).
    Started with Royals (I don't remember why... but I have a reputation for reading things out of order, so it may be natural???), followed by IvX (which I read out of curiosity about why so many negative and toxic comments)... it wasn't a good start, I see it clearly today.
    Using the help of wiki/fandom[.]com I was able to read a good part of the saga, now I'm just missing the old runs as FF (1961), DD (1964) and Avengers (1963).
    I admit that it is really difficult to be a fan of the inhumans with all this... hate running around, the toxic comments sucks and somehow hurts.
    I hate to see how this is going, especially when, in my case, I grew up watching the animated series of the x-men and now I'm more connected or attached "on the other side of the coin", I would like to consider myself neutral in that situation of rivalry between those two, but lately I admit that I can't do it anymore.

Inhuman (2014): As mentioned before, the new characters (NuHumans) and all the spotlight they had, it was excellent. I loved the interaction of Gorgon singing heavy metal and yeeting Inferno meters away because he was on fire. (I really love it when heroes have a more casual moment.)
    All-New Inhumans: It was an interesting trip. Very tense in some parts, but with really good refreshing ending. This book was the most golden for me because of the character development of Gorgon (which is my favorite character, its gonna be written in my forehead if you link my three mentions), I admit that I almost cried when Pana healed him and said she could to the same for Petras. Plus the wheelchair, even though it was something that left Gorgon in a difficult time, was very badass.
    Royals: It was good, but I had mixed feelings especially when Medusa u know... I understand that they are childhood friends (I think she mentioned this when she met Black Bolt on that... dreamstate? idk), but it seemed... wrong, I don't know. I felt sorry for Black Bolt, I could feel that he was saddened by her answer on the subject. I goosebumps on the pages that Gorgon amplified his powers and nearly broke World Farm in two.

I refused to read DoI for a long time, assuming that what would happen there would not be very cool. And I really hated it because besides everything else the ending was so... fast? anticlimatic? and without any clue or spoiler that there would be a continuity.
    I don't have much to say about it, I just wanted to believe that it didn't happen. (but weeks ago I found on reddit that Beta Ray Bill made a mention in Guardians of the Galaxy (2019) #5 that the royal family was missing so...)

I still think that inhumans have a lot to explore like most of this thread already pointed, even more about the royal family's past (like they did in Once and Future Kings), I say this because of what someone pointed out about Gorgon's unknown sibling... and I would like to add small details (personal?) as if Petras and Alectos are really children of Myrra and more about her. With that I would like to see more about him, it would make my heart really happy to see Petras well and maybe even Alecto make an appearance.
    Triton too, as my second favorite, sometimes I think he was very... underdeveloped. (You better bring him back, otherwise I won't forgive you, Marvel.)
    And in general I would like to see more of the NuHumans too! ...maybe I got attached to them too.

I really hope that Marvel doesn't give up on them or take too long to bring up anything, even if its short.
    and please bring us merch, I love action figures and I can't find any besides funko pop.

My friends are not really close to marvel stuff and I have a feel bad when I do these... walls of texts without them even knowing the context.

tl;dr
    For real, thanks for the thread, it was great to find this, helped to lift my spirit in this difficult time (i'm really new, but i guess its a complicated time) for a inhuman fan. With that energy here, I felt like I could to comment something.
    I started reading comics this year and I've read almost everything related to inhumans like crazy. I became a huge fan of them after a sudden interest. (looking for merch, wheres is the merch)
    I have nothing constructive to say, many things have already been mentioned here over the time and the ideas are reaaally good.
    The inhumans deserve better, the history is rich and there is a lot to be explored... if they fall into good hands.
    Just wanted to say thank you for your post! I loved your analysis, takeaways, and sheer gushing appreciation!

Astonishing Member

Was thinking about Death of the Inhumans today, and I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but everytime you think about it the worst it gets. You notice more and more things wrong with it for today it was a minor thing but still a continuity issue. The Kree boss general emperor guy talked about believing in the Midnight King prophecy was stupid for the Empire to do, yet later on calls Vox a prophecy killer or ender or whatever. So does he not believe in it, or was he just trying to take steps to prevent it.

tl;dr
    Thanks for your post! Inhumans were among the first comics I stumbled I to when I was getting into the hobby a few years ago. I love them and fully agree with your assessment of All New Inhumans. It was gone too soon. I really hope James Asmus gets another crack at them. He wrote the best Crystal in a long time.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Galaxies Wanderer

Do you guys think its a good idea to do solo runs for the rest of the Royal family like they did with Black Bolt, Karnak and Lockjaw?
    Even more about the main nuhumans, I see a lot of comments asking for more about Iso...

Ultimate Member

Do you guys think its a good idea to do solo runs for the rest of the Royal family like they did with Black Bolt, Karnak and Lockjaw?
    Even more about the main nuhumans, I see a lot of comments asking for more about Iso...
    Crystal is past due, IMO, and Medusa could probably swing it, too, although I'd be less interested. Triton could use some ties to this recent Atlantean event, but that opportunity was missed.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Iso, Flint, Inferno, Haechi, Swain and, don't laugh, Ajay Roy, of the NuHumans.

Various non-Royal Inhumans, like Maelstrom's minions, or the Dark Riders (esp Tusk, whose powers I love), or Maximus' original fellow conspirators (esp Falcona, whom I'd love to see in the Savage Land, using her 'raptor control' on deinoychus and allosaurs...) could be fun to catch up with as well.

just wanted to say that your work is really appreciated. I'm amateur writer myself and I assume you had a long road till get there.
    I saw your post on reddit and downloaded to read it later.
    Good work on that art/comic too, I hope you continues if you feel like!

Oh gosh, thanks! I can't wait until I'm ready to post the whole thing. I've been sneakily adding new pages to that imgur post as I finish them. It's a handy place to browse from my phone and I like looking at the progress I made.

As for comic recommendations, I 100% recommend the 1998 Inhumans by Jenkins/Lee. It gives you a look at the classic status quo before all the weird modern stuff happened, and Black Bolt gets to be his true self - a King who solves problems with wisdom rather than super-yelling. My other favourite is of course Black Bolt by Saladin Ahmed - and Christian Ward's artwork in this series is a rare beauty.

I'm not sure how I feel about Once and Future Kings. I would love to read more stories set in this "prequel" era - the main cast has SO MUCH unexplored backstory! - but when they travel to Earth and Spiderman shows up, there's this weird genre dissonance I can't get past. And there's the stupid gizmo that Black Bolt uses to be able to speak. If it's as simple as putting a gadget around your neck, why did he remain mute all those years? He's called the Silent King for a reason. It's part of his gimmick, it adds to this mysterious, ambiguous aura that he has. You're never really certain what his thoughts or his intentions are at a given moment.

If I were to write a similar "prequel" story, I'd make it about Medusa and Maximus working together to solve a problem, and Black Bolt helping them out from within his confinement, as the Guy in the Chair. Frankly, I find it weird that other writers haven't addressed any of the implications of Black Bolt's childhood, I've put some brief attention on it in my own fan comic, but there's so much storytelling potential there. As far as I know, Saladin Ahmed's solo is the only modern series that even touched this topic.

Oh, and I absolutely HATE that Medusa is a twice unfaithful wife, and I hope it gets retconned into oblivion.

Astonishing Member

I could see Gorgon, and Ahura. Gorgon maybe goes to a gladiator planet by choice and it is like one of those has to fight but he wants to for fun. Ahura deal with those who want his power (power being either his posintions, and/or his superpowers) could do science and some demonic (also angeliac) enemies.

Ahura running Ennilux could be fun to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ahura running Ennilux could be fun to read about.
    I am honestly feeling like Ennilux is just waiting in the wings to make an appearance. Just sitting there, looming. Waiting for the perfect moment for everyone go "OH **** THAT'S RIGHT".
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Ennilux is set in Italy mainly, a place not often used in Marvel comics. With enough base history to give a writer to have enough freedom but a pretty ok starting point. Then there is Ahura with his own history of not a lot but still powerful villains playing a role. As for supporting characters I could see him looking for young low birth native Attilians, and Nuhumans with him having his own problems with the traditional elite.

Anyone read and/or seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Reinhard von Lohengramm like character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ennilux is set in Italy mainly, a place not often used in Marvel comics. With enough base history to give a writer to have enough freedom but a pretty ok starting point. Then there is Ahura with his own history of not a lot but still powerful villains playing a role. As for supporting characters I could see him looking for young low birth native Attilians, and Nuhumans with him having his own problems with the traditional elite.

Anyone read and/or seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Reinhard von Lohengramm like character.
    You mean put Ahura in the Reinhard role, I can see that. And he also technically kinda usurped Ennilux.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Iso, Flint, Inferno, Haechi, Swain and, don't laugh, Ajay Roy, of the NuHumans.
    Love that someone out there other than me remembers Haechi, aka Mark Sim! Kid was absolutely intriguing to the max. I wish he hadn't vanished after his New Warrior series ended, to be honest. I wanted them to explore his whole family situation on a deeper level, and it would have been nice to see him try and make connections with the other young NuHumans.

Also, I certainty don't see fault in liking and/or wanting to see Ajay Roy used again. His existence deliberately foils Grid's/Dinesh Deol's. And while Ajay "broke bad", depending on how he was written, he really should be a rather sympathetic figure; chasing stardom as a means of escaping his prior life of squalor and destitution feels super relateable in many respects, so on some levels, Ajay really outta be considered a sympathetic character and written as such.