Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Comics are visual. When I see mass legions of mutants and way far less other super heroes I don't see them as a minority.

I'm not talking about segregation. And since Magneto or similar mutants have been trying to control mutants, I see that as where their segregation is mostly enforced from. This view pervades the fanbase; they mostly want to be off on their own part of Marvel universe. 'They' don't want to be integrated, even though there are so many more of them, than other super characters.

I've seen some polling and some strong anecdotes to suggest that most of the fans of the X-characters would be happy if their stories never interacted with the other characters. You folks are the ones that mostly want segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Comics are visual. When I see mass legions of mutants and way far less other super heroes I don't see them as a minority.

I'm not talking about segregation. And since Magneto or similar mutants have been trying to control mutants, I see that as where their segregation is mostly enforced from. This view pervades the fanbase; they mostly want to be off on their own part of Marvel universe. 'They' don't want to be integrated, even though there are so many more of them, than other super characters.

I've seen some polling and some strong anecdotes to suggest that most of the fans of the X-characters would be happy if their stories never interacted with the other characters. You folks are the ones that mostly want segregation.
    "You folks"? LOL
    I like both the X-men and the Inhumans. This division between fanbases is as dumb as Marvel's treatment of the teams during IvX.
    I honestly don't want the X-men to be apart from the rest of the MU. Inclusion is part of the team's concept from the start.

Okay, I am absolutely apologizing for 'you folks', I know better, I got lost in the moment.

But until . . . . you? . . . perhaps,

X-fans mostly present as having a monolithic hatred of Wanda, Inhumans, and a lot of other things. They almost seem like a form of cancel culture. I wouldn't have thought of that choice of words, until recent social trends have given us that term.

I've read comics nearly nonstop, since I was 12 in 1967. At one point I collected and read most things Marvel and DC, but gave up on a lot of DC after Crisis on Infinite Earths. It wasn't until alter in the '90s and/or around X-Men's most ascendent era, that I began to lose interest in them; their seemingly everywhere, more popular than almost anything in Marvel belied the concept of a marginalized hidden society, to me, if no one else. Vastly too much of nearly the same memes and drams in all their various books.

I really don't consider myself a hater.
    I loved the Giant Size X-Men that started it all off. I loved Jean becoming the Phoenix, though not how it was dealt with afterwards, for years. I loved the mystery of Mr. Sinister and Madelyne Prior. Loved the very original first version of X-Factor, after Jean was finally correctly restored. Lilandra, Nanny and the Orphan Maker. Inferno, the Goblin Queen. The Australian "no one can see them" era, after saving the world again.

So many years of great things, Mutant Massacre, Polaris acknowledged as Magneto's daughter, the missing Summers brother. And on and on and on.

What started the division? Bendix assasination of Wanda's character in the Avenger, leading to using her to do "No More Mutants".

Something makes these fans take it incredibly personally. Wanda's acts, deliberate, possession or madness, the release of Terrigen that somehow only seems to affect Mutant x-genes.

These things are awfully too convenient and only serve the purpose of creating this sort of fan outrage, which probably doesn't do much for sales.

Ultimate Member

Something makes these fans take it incredibly personally. Wanda's acts, deliberate, possession or madness, the release of Terrigen that somehow only seems to affect Mutant x-genes.

These things are awfully too convenient and only serve the purpose of creating this sort of fan outrage, which probably doesn't do much for sales.
    Actually, it's a marketing trick to get passions roused by dividing the fanbase into armed camps over Team ShirtlessWerewolf vs. Team SparklyVampire. Doesn't matter that they are hating on half of your own product line, so long as they are *powerfully* invested in the other half. Soccer franchises do it. That teen vampire movie I just referenced did it. And Marvel does it, most egregiously with the X-line, by pitting them against the FF, Avengers, Inhumans, whomever. Next year it'll be Asgard or the Eternals or the Guardians of the Galaxy or something.

I try not to care too much, since I know that Wanda's powers never worked like that, and always worked retroactively, so that, when Bendis described flying mutants dropping out of the sky, or aquatic mutants drowning, that would never have happened, because they *never* would have been mutants, and had no reason to be way in the stratosphere (without an airplane) or fifty fathoms deep (without a submarine). Similarly, I remember how Terrigen, back when Luna was born, was clarified to have no effect on mutants, but be toxic to humans, but now, for story reasons, it was suddenly exactly opposite. And what were those 'story reasons?' To get X-fans riled up.

It's not Wanda or Black Bolt I am pissed at. It's the crap writers who pull this nonsense, trying to gin up enthusiasm for their boring A/I/FFvX storylines.

I know that potentially Wanda's power works retroactively, but not sure that is always or a default.

I'm obviously way tooooo old to get involved in all the hissy stuff. Wanda is just the greatest, and frankly

no other heroic character has ever been tested as much as her. Period. They hate her because none of their other characters are her.

Only Jean Grey would be that kind of character, so consistently.

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...83397847666694
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...49523965251585
    Steve Orlando continues to be vocal about wanting to write an Inhumans book.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...83397847666694
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...49523965251585
    Steve Orlando continues to be vocal about wanting to write an Inhumans book.
    It needs to happen.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    It needs to happen.
    Agreed! Make it so Marvel.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

This is some good news, I know it isn't confirming anything but a writer being interested is great.

Is the Brian, Bendix? That would seem to not be a good thing from my point of view.

Is the Brian, Bendix? That would seem to not be a good thing from my point of view.
    Brian stelfreeze the artist, not Bendis.

So Marvel Legends is continuing their Vintage line (previously they've done waves for the X-Men, Avengers and Spider-Man) with figures based on the 90s Fantastic Four cartoon.

Long shot here, but this might be a place to do an ML Gorgon or Triton since they both had figures in that toy line.

And of course Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak and Maximus all appeared in the show as well.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-31-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Triton has a pet shark? Did he borrow it and the trumpet from Namor?

Astonishing Member

Considering Triton was old enough to be present for the Lusitania and knew Namor’smother, maybe the other way round?

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

There is a promo out for Empyre: Fallout Fantastic Four #1, a September one-shot, that implies that a core Fantastic Four member is about to be killed off. If true, and if Sue is the one to go, would you like to see Medusa replace her as the female FF member?