Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 556
  1. #481
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    As I understand, the Kree faction that created Vix are the ones currently pledged to Hulkling

  2. #482
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So anyone else have an idea on what they would like for an Inhuman story?
    A confederacy of Inhuman city-states from across Earth and the wider cosmos establish a nomadic space fleet to become players in the intergalactic politics of the MU. They have a handful of strongholds scattered throughout the cosmos and serve as explorers and middlemen for the various space empires, whether it be distributing terrigen-based energy sources or getting paid to fight threats like the Brood or rogue Kree factions.

    The fleet is remotely powered by a massive Primagen engine located on Earth, under the guard of the remaining Earth-based Inhumans. This subsidiary confederacy interacts with the rest of the Earth, dealing with Nuhuman trafficking, an alliance with Wakanda, protecting the engine, etc. A large cast of roughly 9-10 split between space and Earth but united by whatever the villain or situation may be. With Lockjaw and Eldrac you can rapidly switch the cast around.

  3. #483
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A confederacy of Inhuman city-states from across Earth and the wider cosmos establish a nomadic space fleet to become players in the intergalactic politics of the MU. They have a handful of strongholds scattered throughout the cosmos and serve as explorers and middlemen for the various space empires, whether it be distributing terrigen-based energy sources or getting paid to fight threats like the Brood or rogue Kree factions.

    The fleet is remotely powered by a massive Primagen engine located on Earth, under the guard of the remaining Earth-based Inhumans. This subsidiary confederacy interacts with the rest of the Earth, dealing with Nuhuman trafficking, an alliance with Wakanda, protecting the engine, etc. A large cast of roughly 9-10 split between space and Earth but united by whatever the villain or situation may be. With Lockjaw and Eldrac you can rapidly switch the cast around.
    Not bad. I hope they find some other 'Universal Inhumans' and add them to the team or the concept.

  4. #484
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As I understand, the Kree faction that created Vix are the ones currently pledged to Hulkling
    That is correct.

  5. #485

    Default

    I didn't know that those were the Kree that pledged themselves to Hulking. But that makes even more sense now to have Black Bolt confront Hulking about it and give the Inhumans a place among the key players of the cosmic MU again.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 09-20-2020 at 03:25 AM.

  6. #486
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I am for the tv cast to come back. No one had a problem with the cast, and would be great for them to still be part of it.
    The one who played Karnak bugged me, but I liked the Black Bolt, Maximus, Medusa and, when he finally showed up, Triton actors. Kinda meh on Gorgon and Crystal's actors. I definitely wanted someone leaner-looking and colder-acting for Karnak though, the dude they cast had neither the attitude nor the look, IMO.

    I remember thinking that the Ortallon thing was neat, because it opened up the Inhumans to some racial diversity (pre-NuHumans, they'd been kind of generically white Europeans, which was limiting, and sketchy with the whole racial eugenics angle). Taking some elements from Agents of SHIELD and having small communities / enclaves in China, Puerto Rico, etc. could help balance that that out and even 616 Marvel has some precedent for that, with the city of winged Inhumans that served as origin-fodder for the WW2 Red Raven character (suggesting that entire cities of Inhumans apart from Attilan might have existed even back then).

    I'd really like sort of an origin story of the Royal family, and the 'great revolt' that unseated the Unspoken. Was Maximus an ally back then? Did the Unspoken have the usual two kids (Black Bolt + Maximus, Medusa + Crystal, Triton + Karnak) that a zero-population growth managed community like Attilan pretty much requires to sustain itself? Speaking of that, did Gorgon have a sibling, and did they die during said revolt, and that's why the royal family has an odd number?

    What kind of things did the Unspoken do to warrant being overthrown in the first place? Was he arranging marriages to benefit his own family and supporters, and kind of overriding what the Genetics Council suggested for the betterment of the race (or people wanted, for themselves)? Was he letting some flout the will of Terrigenesis and custom-engineer their kids, so that entire families got to choose (if they kissed the ring) to be centaurs, or winged humanoids, instead of possibly being randomly turned into teleporting doors or bug-people or whatever?

    I feel like there's a neat potential story, with some characters who didn't survive the revolution and would be 'new' to us, like this hypothetical sibling to Gorgon, that could be introduced, as well as potential future plot-seeds to be sewn involving characters who supported the Unspoken, and are now kind of simmering along in their resentment of Black Bolt's new order, wishing they could go back to the old corrupt ruler who gave them special perks (like maybe the Unspoken's wife, kids, sibling, etc. or various other supporters of the old regime / families that got special genetic council 'passes' to custom-engineer their kids who fondly remember being on top of the world).

    There could also legitimately be Inhumans who didn't love the corruption, but are like, 'Say what you will about the Unspoken, but at least he could run the city for a decade without it blowing up, relocating to the Himalayas, relocating to the moon, relocating to Hala, blowing up again, flying around Earth, blowing up again, etc.)'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-20-2020 at 04:54 AM.

  7. #487
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    I think that, for better or worse, any revival would need to involve Kamala and Quake heavily (just as the Eternals are finally making use of Thanos) alongside the Royals (and yes, sooner or later they’ll have to be royalty again).

    you’d need to brazenly cheat your way out of the hole the Inhumans are in via Lineage, then have the tribes start squabbling

    And though I don’t like it, you’d need to make pains of how the Inhumans are not mutants. To the extent that you might need to effectively make them the dwarves to krakoa’s elves

  8. #488
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think that, for better or worse, any revival would need to involve Kamala and Quake heavily (just as the Eternals are finally making use of Thanos) alongside the Royals (and yes, sooner or later they’ll have to be royalty again).

    you’d need to brazenly cheat your way out of the hole the Inhumans are in via Lineage, then have the tribes start squabbling

    And though I don’t like it, you’d need to make pains of how the Inhumans are not mutants. To the extent that you might need to effectively make them the dwarves to krakoa’s elves
    Oh wow that Dwarves and Elf compariosn would be great, though I almost feel they would be switched. I can see Kamala being part of an Inhuamn Superhero team superhero in every sense of the word, while Quake being part of the actual Inhuman politics leading a untied Inhuman spy network.

  9. #489
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    When was it stated that only Inhumans (and those with Inhuman-descent) could be go through terrigenesis?

    I remember after M-Day some mutants such as Quicksilver found a way to restore their powers through using it. Why is it now poisonous to mutants?

  10. #490
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    When was it stated that only Inhumans (and those with Inhuman-descent) could be go through terrigenesis?

    I remember after M-Day some mutants such as Quicksilver found a way to restore their powers through using it. Why is it now poisonous to mutants?
    If I recall it was because of how it was released into the air, this is what caused a side affect.

  11. #491
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    But now QS and Wanda are not really mutants. I don't recall if they have an actual designation, but I think it should be

    artificially created mutants, by the High Evolutionary. That was my take from the retcon in Uncanny Avengers or wherever I saw that. HE wanted to create what he was seeing. And/or was mr. Sinister involved, I'm probably confusing two stories.

    But maybe any of the things that have happened to the pair - especially Wanda, having lost/access to her mutant power at least twice due to various things, once was a bullet grazing her temple, but could that be why the terrigen mist affected him?

  12. #492
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    6,459

    Default

    I want someone to address what happened to the Inhumans of Heroes-Reborn Earth after Ashema forced the Royal Family to join the others "back" to Earth-616, and why that Attilan was apparently abandoned. I want to retcon everything such that all those on HR Earth that have counterparts here (Royal Inhumans except Crystal, She-Hulk, etc.) aren't entirely new beings but were created from a tiny portion of the originals, which were then merged back in Heroes Reborn: The Return. Then recreate / return HR Earth as Counter-Earth on the far side of the Sun, bring back its Attilan and Inhumans, and have a regent rule over it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #493
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    When was it stated that only Inhumans (and those with Inhuman-descent) could be go through terrigenesis?

    I remember after M-Day some mutants such as Quicksilver found a way to restore their powers through using it. Why is it now poisonous to mutants?
    That is a result of the constant flip flopping on if Inhuman powers are genetic abilities unlocked by terrigen or powers created by terrigen. For a good while terrigen worked on everything it was just more dangerous for non Inhumans. The mutants in son of M, a skrull in secret invasion, humans in silent war, kree in the great refuge one shot, they all got horrible backlash from using terrigen. So in that line M-pox wasn't too far off. Though the Son of M mutants just had their powers grow beyond their control.

  14. #494
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I want someone to address what happened to the Inhumans of Heroes-Reborn Earth after Ashema forced the Royal Family to join the others "back" to Earth-616, and why that Attilan was apparently abandoned. I want to retcon everything such that all those on HR Earth that have counterparts here (Royal Inhumans except Crystal, She-Hulk, etc.) aren't entirely new beings but were created from a tiny portion of the originals, which were then merged back in Heroes Reborn: The Return. Then recreate / return HR Earth as Counter-Earth on the far side of the Sun, bring back its Attilan and Inhumans, and have a regent rule over it.
    Kind of lost me sorry, so you want the heroes of that universe to merge with the main and then some of the Inhumans just go to that Attilan?

  15. #495
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    So if the Inhumans are moved back to a more Cosmic setting which ones do you see staying on Earth? NOT COUNTING those like Ms. Marvel, and Moongirl whose stories aren't as connected. I see really any survivng children, them in the care of other until a new society is established.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •