Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The inhumans franchise and the mutants franchise are very different, but let's not forget Marvel is just a company and making money with what they have is their goal. Financially, they have no reason to do anything inhumans. And they've made mutants inhuman in many ways. They've cemented many elements that was inhuman (isolated nation state, language, mutants hatching, etc.) that it was their way of saying, "we've amalgamated mutants and inhumans." There'll be no more inhumans series. Their goal now is to have eternals everywhere. And this time they're getting big money to help them. Not network tv garbage.
    Yet they are in a video game and Ms Marvel and Moon Girl are looking at shows. That is money being spent.

Those two say you have to deal with them eventually.

The Eternals have proven NOTHING yet.

As for Inhumans being toxic-WHO CAUSED IT? Editorial.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet they are in a video game and Ms Marvel and Moon Girl are looking at shows. That is money being spent.

Those two say you have to deal with them eventually.

As for Inhumans being toxic-WHO CAUSED IT? Editorial.
    Also fans, who felt slighted because they imagined the X-Men were sidelined, even though they had multiple titles running concurrently with the Inhuman titles.

Astonishing Member

Even if they don't put out a book, at least having significant Inhumans playing a big enough role in others would be nice.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Even if they don't put out a book, at least having significant Inhumans playing a big enough role in others would be nice.
    Definitely. Having representation in team books, like the Avengers, maybe the FF, New Warriors, Champions, etc., would be a marvelous start.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The Eternals movie would have to be Marvel's first big bomb for it to be a failure anywhere on par with the Inhumans show, so it's not really a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The next inevitable reboot of the Inhumans will likely stick better when they're no longer being positioned as Faygo X-Men.
    Royals and Black Bolt were the two strongest books, and unsurprisingly they were the ones that leaned less in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Eternals movie would have to be Marvel's first big bomb for it to be a failure anywhere on par with the Inhumans show, so it's not really a good comparison.

Royals and Black Bolt were the two strongest books, and unsurprisingly they were the ones that leaned less in that direction.
    Black Bolt even won an Eisner, much like the Marvel Knights: Inhumans did back in the day. The Inhumans if handled properly can achieve great things in terms of storytelling.

Astonishing Member

All-New Inhumans was also one of their strongest books. Frankly, it did so much for them, and the writer deserves all the praise for how he progressed the characters and the concept. (Swain and especially Flint, but also Crystal and Grid, too. The new additions, including Swain and Paneca, were also brilliant.)

I also vouch for the pre-Secret Wars Inhumans title. All-New Inhumans delivered, but I miss the ground covered during that initial Inhumans run (back when Inferno was the NuHuman's viewpoint character and actually got focus).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Also fans, who felt slighted because they imagined the X-Men were sidelined, even though they had multiple titles running concurrently with the Inhuman titles.
    This. Honestly, the damage that far too many vocal X-fans did to the Inhumans brand from a social fandom perspective is as much a cause as any. This includes emotional strife for the Inhumans fans of the time who were reading and loving the books but who had to deal with the X-fans who'd bash them indirectly for daring to have a nuanced conversation about the events of a particular issue. (And that's not even counting the few but present bolder ones, who'd skip over just bashing the book and characters and go straight to taking jabs at the readers and fans themselves. It was not easy being an Inhumans fan during that time. )
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-13-2020 at 12:09 AM.

I think editorial is likely gonna consider the Inhumans toxic for a while more at least.
    That is fan nonsense imo, If the Inhumans were toxic they wouldn't show up in the Marvels Avengers. "Inhumans" is sitting because frankly again the Royal family whiff as consistent comic property and the inhumans who are popular namely Ms Marvel doesn't have strong connection to royal family which has the meat of inhuman lore.

The most Ironic part of this whole Inhuman situation is that current X-men has one of the strongest Inhuman pitches we have ever seen.Lets do small check list

- A nation that insular and secluded from the world
    - Every person who has powers is part of their nation
    - Most of drama comes from inside their bubble and their local politics
    - Alien setting unlike anything on earth
    - A strong rulership council with lots of backstabbing and intrigue

As Inhuman fan it stings because the set up is perfect. Anyways. It is good to see that Inhumans fans have picked "the complex", Whiny X-fans didn't hurt Inhumans brand, Inhumans ran into a combo of bad luck

1.Bad timing- Namely Marvel getting back the rights to X-men which means they no longer had to use Inhumans as source for powers in MCU which slow down the push
    2. Awful show
    3. Mediocre showing in the comics AND Only one star character coming out of inhuman push in Ms Marvel

None of those things have anything to do with X-men fans. No Inhumans fans can say with a straight face any of books where strong and had a clear direction for the franchise. We can make a argument for Marvel sticking with concept and giving it time to grow like Captain Marvel even with some struggles. But Inhumans failures/struggles aren't from X-men fans doing it damage but more from no Nuhuman looking like a good solo property and people not knowing what to do with Royal family.

Again as Inhuman fan you have to be jealous, You see Eternals getting a push in movie world knowing it could(and should )have been you and more importantly, The Eternals have a caretaker in Kieron gillen who has a clear vision for the franchise and map of the franchise and it looks like they will be getting the creative support and push from the company. And that is what you want to see whenever Inhumans get a book a creator who has long term vision and Marvel full support with great artists and advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No Inhumans fans can say with a straight face any of books were strong
    they were pretty good!

No Inhumans fans can say with a straight face any of books had a clear direction for the franchise
    they didnt have that nah
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    they were pretty good!
    I like them but I can't pretend I don't understand why Marvel canceled them. What I don't understand is why the same effort to make Captain Marvel , Punisher or Dr Strange stick isn't applied to a single Inhumans book being around.

I also don't understand why there is only one source of random superpowers in Marvel it must be mutants. We have seen in couple times now that terragenesis/tergen mist works well as random source of power, The Avengers game bring this point home very clearly imo

That is fan nonsense imo
    The Inhumans themselves are largely MIA and the Empyre panel explicitly had creators saying the Inhumans were being shelved because they "needed a rest" for a while longer. Marvel has definitely been deliberately laying off the Inhumans since the end of Death of the Inhumans.

If the Inhumans were toxic they wouldn't show up in the Marvels Avengers.
    Video games take years to get made. Avengers was first teased back in 2017, and was being developed before that. IE, back when the Inhumans push was still a thing. It is essentially the last vestiges of that, not a sign Marvel is suddenly all high on the Inhumans again.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-13-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Spectacular Member

I think the whole Inhumans thing is a pretty interesting case study to look at. It is rare for a lesser known property like The Inhumans to get such a big push by one of the big two. Remember, it was originally going to be Matt Fraction, one of their top writers, on the initial launch of the book. Soule was a pinch hitter and seen as a rising star. Spinning out of a crossover event (Infinity), given a premier artist to launch the book (Joe Mad I believe?) and a rising star writer. Combine that with the success of Ms. Marvel, and it was a significant effort on Marvel's part. Soule did his best to create a bunch of new characters, Marvel tried integrate them into the wider marvel universe (Inhumans were featured in Civil War 2, Secret Empire, etc.). And it just never...quite...worked.

Not to say there weren't fans of the series and some of the spinoffs were acclaimed (Ms. Marvel and Black Bolt specifically). But whether the audience just did not really want it, the X-Men thing was just a burden they couldn't compensate for, or Soule just didn't have a strong enough initial idea for the series...it never coalesced. By the time Ewing was on Royals the whole line had run out of steam I think.

I just cannot think of that many instances of something like the 2010s Inhumans in comics. A publisher throwing real weight behind a less known property, and then having it just kind of...sputter out. One thing it brings to mind is how Guardians of the Galaxy got a real push right around the movie (Bendis on the relaunch! A Team-up book! Solo books for almost every member!) and in the end none of it amounted to much - though this was mostly due to how bad Bendis' run was and the fact that none of the individual members can really be the star of a long-running solo. With Inhumans it was never bad really. Fans just didn't embrace the line the way Marvel hoped.

If someone was going to update Marvel the Untold Story, the book that covers the history of Marvel, I would love a chapter on the whollllllllllle Inhumans thing. I think it's an interesting look at a company putting real effort into revitalizing a group of characters, sort of succeeding, but ultimately not pulling it off.

Still, if the biggest thing the Inhumans era pulled off was the creation of Ms. Marvel, that's a pretty big deal and a feather in the cap of any line.
    Last edited by Hcmarvel; 10-13-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Video games take years to get made. Avengers was first teased back in 2017, and was being developed before that. IE, back when the Inhumans push was still a thing. It is essentially the last vestiges of that, not a sign Marvel is suddenly all high on the Inhumans again.
    I think it was the same for Marvel Rising and the movie having a lot of Kree/Inhuman focus.

Also Inhumans gave us Moon Girl who will have a cartoon and will be on a Disney ride soon. Possible MCU addition too.

I do want them to come back but it feels like the new Eternals push might squash that and Inhumans might need to find a new hook.

If not a new book I'd love to see Ewing do something with them over on the cosmic side of Marvel.