Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I like how Terrigen is a thing in the game and it can do more than just Terrigenisis. I wonder how else they'll use it.

Empyre - Fantastic Four 000 (2020) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Empyre (2020) - Fantastic Four 00.jpg
    How did the Inhumans get left out of a line wide event that can't go two chapters without referencing the inhumans or something inhumans related.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Empyre - Fantastic Four 000 (2020) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Empyre (2020) - Fantastic Four 00.jpg
    How did the Inhumans get left out of a line wide event that can't go two chapters without referencing the inhumans or something inhumans related.
    Marvel lies?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

I really hope Stormbreaker hints at them, if that is still a running book cause they cancelled some didn't they?

Astonishing Member

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I really hope Stormbreaker hints at them, if that is still a running book cause they cancelled some didn't they?
    It wasn't in the update list.
    new.jpg

Astonishing Member

It wasn't in the update list.
    new.jpg
    Aww that sucks. Is that Darkhold book still coming out?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, this event was the perfect event for Inhumans.

That being said, an Inhumans book almost certainly would have been cancelled when Marvel culled its titles due to the Diamond shutdown.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I have been reading the old Jack Kirby FF issues recently, and the first story with the Inhumans is confusing as hell.
    * Which was the deal with Medusa? We met her as a villain in the Frightful Four, the Wizard found her in a cave somewhere. Now she's scared of this "Gorgon" who wants to capture her... but, once the Seeker shows up, she escapes alongside Gorgon and the other Inhumans? And some minutes later, she's the spokesman of the King? Yes, surely she had amnesia, and the Inhumans restored her memories off-screen at some point... but some reference to it should have been in order. As things were written, when the Seeker shows up and the Inhumans escape, Medusa should have escaped her own way.
    * Which was the deal with the throne in Attilan? Black Bolt was removed from the throne because he could not talk? Clearly that has never been an obstacle for him to be understood. If he can rule now, why was he removed then? Alternatively, if he couldn't rule then, why now it's a good thing?
    * Gorgon was sent by Maximus to capture Medusa and return her to Attilan, so he could get married to her (although Gorgon ignored that last part). But then, why does Gorgon have to escape from the Seeker? He did not escape from Attilan, He was out of Attilan on an official mission. In fact, shouldn't they work together? They have basically the same mission, don't they? That's another: why did Maximus send the two of them, instead of one, or both working together?
    * Speaking of the Seeker, does he have to find any Inhumans out there and return them to Attilan, or does he have a specific list of escaped Inhumans to capture? If it is the first, it's a small miracle that the city and the Inhumans are still a secret. And if it's the second, why bother taking Dragon Man? If he knows about the Fantastic Four (implied in dialogue, and did not confuse them for Inhumans for a second) he should be aware of the several metahumans out there who are not Inhumans. And did the "capture and return" orders applied for Black Bolt, too? Didn't they say he was exiled?
    * Speaking of Attilan as a place to live, if Triton wanted to stay away so badly that he would have preferred to die, then why when the barrier was down only Crystal left?
    * And when they used Lowjack to escape, why return to Attilan, if they despised it so much? Why not teleport to China, France, Canada, Japan... simply anywhere that was far away?
    * And the ending. The inhumans are not Inhumans, just regular humans with powers. It makes sense for the story as a standalone read, but... is this still canon?

Well that a LOT of things to answer, but I will try.
    1) Medusa had amnesia and ran away. Gorgon was sent to get her, but this further spooked Medusa and she ran further, faster and got away.
    2) BlackBolt lost the throne after losing control and destroying some of Attilan.
    3) To me, the Seeker was new, and may have been created for the story, but I liked the fear he generated in the Inhumans.
    4) Triton was limited to Attilan back then because of his constant need for water. (Yes, Attilan has water, streams, and underground pools of water)
    5) The Inhumans returned to Attilan because that is their home and they know it. They were only unhappy with how things seemed at the moment, but when looking at it differently and working to change things, they again liked it. It is their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I have been reading the old Jack Kirby FF issues recently, and the first story with the Inhumans is confusing as hell.
    * Which was the deal with Medusa? We met her as a villain in the Frightful Four, the Wizard found her in a cave somewhere. Now she's scared of this "Gorgon" who wants to capture her... but, once the Seeker shows up, she escapes alongside Gorgon and the other Inhumans? And some minutes later, she's the spokesman of the King? Yes, surely she had amnesia, and the Inhumans restored her memories off-screen at some point... but some reference to it should have been in order. As things were written, when the Seeker shows up and the Inhumans escape, Medusa should have escaped her own way.
    * Which was the deal with the throne in Attilan? Black Bolt was removed from the throne because he could not talk? Clearly that has never been an obstacle for him to be understood. If he can rule now, why was he removed then? Alternatively, if he couldn't rule then, why now it's a good thing?
    * Gorgon was sent by Maximus to capture Medusa and return her to Attilan, so he could get married to her (although Gorgon ignored that last part). But then, why does Gorgon have to escape from the Seeker? He did not escape from Attilan, He was out of Attilan on an official mission. In fact, shouldn't they work together? They have basically the same mission, don't they? That's another: why did Maximus send the two of them, instead of one, or both working together?
    * Speaking of the Seeker, does he have to find any Inhumans out there and return them to Attilan, or does he have a specific list of escaped Inhumans to capture? If it is the first, it's a small miracle that the city and the Inhumans are still a secret. And if it's the second, why bother taking Dragon Man? If he knows about the Fantastic Four (implied in dialogue, and did not confuse them for Inhumans for a second) he should be aware of the several metahumans out there who are not Inhumans. And did the "capture and return" orders applied for Black Bolt, too? Didn't they say he was exiled?
    * Speaking of Attilan as a place to live, if Triton wanted to stay away so badly that he would have preferred to die, then why when the barrier was down only Crystal left?
    * And when they used Lowjack to escape, why return to Attilan, if they despised it so much? Why not teleport to China, France, Canada, Japan... simply anywhere that was far away?
    * And the ending. The inhumans are not Inhumans, just regular humans with powers. It makes sense for the story as a standalone read, but... is this still canon?
    There's a lot to break down, but if you read this mini-series/book, it explains everything that happened before that day that led up to it:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There are a lot of continuity issues with early Inhumans stories as Lee and Kirby were trying to figure things out. There's one issue where Black Bolt screams (a few issues before he uses his voice for the first time - and his voice was a mystery to everyone). There's also a disconnect between writing and art. I think, if you follow Kirby's art without the dialogue, it seems very clear his intent is that Black Bolt uses a machine to give his voice destructive power, that power destroys Attilan, and the royal family is exiled because everyone is mad at them.

Attilan is also in the Andes one issue, the Himalayas the next. It's also not called Attilan. When the name Attilan is revealed, it's for their original home, not their current one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I know there's a biased coalition of higher ups (in websites, manufacturing, etc.), along with a toxic fanbase, that are against the inhumans, and that always will be, but this is mean spirited and offensive to Jack Kirby, fans, and the legacy they've had in pop culture.

They literally killed them 3 years ago, and they still go at them in a childish manner to erase them completely. Mutants don't go through Terrigenisis and the Kree are not responsible for their existence. Two major themes of the show.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That is messed up! Who wrote that?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That is messed up! Who wrote that?
    Whoever wrote the official programming schedule.