Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I NEVER ever want to see IvX again.

I don't care if Al Ewing is writing it. I won't support it. I can't deal with the other fanbase tell Inhumans fan how horrible we are for liking them and them telling creators that they hope their books get cancelled and reading reviews from critics who pan the Inhumans books just because it's an Inhumans book.

No matter how good you think your reasoning is, IVX or Inhumans and Mutants anywhere in the vacinity of each other is bad juju for the Inhumans and their fans.

And as a relatively new person to comics, that behavior from the other fanbase is why I absolutely refuse to read the X-Men.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The X-Men have done some extreme things to ensure they keep their mutations, the most recent example was to partially lobotomize Reed for inventing a device that could POTENTIALLY be weaponized against mutants. During IvX people argued that it was a no-brainer and the Inhumans were evil because they chose their powers over lives, which simply wasn't true. Medusa and her people tried their best to avert the cloud from populations and evacuated mutants to the best of their ability after learning the Terrigen was lethal to mutants. They also worked together with Beast, a mutant, to try and figure out a solution to the problem of the cloud losing its structural integrity. So it can't be argued that they just sat idly by and enjoyed the view from Attilan.

But the point I am actually trying to make is that I think a lot of fans were being extremely hypocritical and overly critical of the Inhumans, in general. During IvX it was heavily argued that the Inhumans' powers or Terrigenisis did not define them and that it wasn't who they are but I would disagree. Terrigenisis was an intrinsic part of their identity and who they are as a culture. Yes, it was unfortunate and stupid that Marvel editorial decided to make the cloud toxic to people with the x-gene but let's not pretend the mutants haven't done questionable things to keep their powers either. Why is it OK for the mutants to protect their identity as a species but not the Inhumans? The X-Men create a kill squad in X-Force to protect against potential threats to their kind and everyone cheers. TWO (not all) Inhumans release terrigen to save their kind and bolster their ranks after an attack from Thanos with the demand to hand over all their children to be sacrificed and they are devils.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 08-13-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Ok new topic, if the Inhumans did get an Empyre story what would have been a good way to do it.

I say a tie-in so as much as they SHOULD be playing a major role, as others have put it baby steps back into the light.

Now the Story: The Cotati contact New Attilan seeking a mutual alliance with the Inhumans out of revenge on the Kree & Skrull who have wronged them in the past. Iso however says no, the Inhumans are neutral and New Attilian will act as a sanctuary for any here. So the Cotati attack but can't get through New Attilians defences, however some Inhumans native of Old Attilan don't understand why they are risking their lives to save humans instead of taking up on this deal. Iso must remind them that they are of the Earth and many understand this weather being Old Native, or NU.

However the Inhuman Jolen only sees these Nuhuman changes as to ruining on what the Inhumans once were and finds others to stage a coup while he uses his powers as a way to allow the Cotati to enter as a distraction. Iso is almost captured until Auran, and her daughters (Treste & Irelle) come and save her. They gather a few others they can trust these being Inferno, Alaris, and Leer. This group escapes to Reader, and Nur and it is decided to get help from other Kingdoms hoping they can each send 1 or 2 warriors to join them and use this group to restore proper power back. So they sneak into Eldrac's current location and while Reader, Nur, and Alaris hold the ground if any traitors or Cotati arrive.

Treste & Leer go to Ennilux to convince Ahura who is cordinating Enniluxs troops with other Itialian groups, though agrees to go when he realizes how bad it would be for New Attilian technology to fall into an enemy like the current. Inferno and Irelle travel to New Aerie to get Red Raven's help, he is reluctant at first but after a slip of the mouth about Auran, and Reader he agrees to help though will want a favour in return. Iso goes to New Utolan, an island Flint created where the refuges of Old Utolan are now living, his is almost instant though it will be just him going. Auran had to find a couple Nuhumans though we don't follow her findings. First Ennliux group comes back tagging along is Ahura, Marishi Spin, and a few of their Security members. The New Aerie group is alone Red Raven telling how there is something he must do but will be there. then Iso and Flint. Auran comes being followed by with Synapse and Shredded Man.

Iso leads a charge with leading the Inhumans gathered except the Ennilux group. Synapse and Shredded Man use their powers to throw off the attackers allowing the Inhumans to take on easily 10 at a time. The Ennilux group fights their way into a deep part of the city until they reach a point where they split up Spin and the Security forces going to find the chamber of devices fearign that what either the Cotati or traitors could make. Back to the main fight even with Synapse and Shredded Man using their powers there are to many though more Inhumans do come it would not be enough when suddenly a shadow begins to cover them. Ahura, Treste, and Leer have made it to the Throne room where Jolen is sitting wearing a wooden version of the traditional Attilan Crown. He is about the order their execution when Ahura challegenes him for the Throne.

The Shadow is revealed to be New Aerie, with its Soliders Dive Bombing and ripping through the Cotati. Spin has reached the Chamber and finds some Cotati and traitors working on by the look a case of a Terrigian Bomb though instead of Terrigian he guesses is something to target only humans. After getting control of the room and announces to the city the chamber is safely back in the hands of the proper New Attilan government. The Cotati fear what could be used against them so flee, but the traitors don't care ready to die instead of being part of the current status quo, Iso is shaken by this. But before the fighting continues a hologram showing what is happening in the throne room. Jolen calls out the Ahura is not a citizen of New Attilan, with Ahura countering that he never gave up any of his claims here, that being the heir to 2 Noble HouseHolds Boltagon, and Amaquelin giving him enough status to issue and it not be view as a coup. Important as Jolen's followers will have to follow Ahura if he wins, the fight happens and ya Ahura wins though uses abilities he had before going through Terrigenesis, such as energy shields and blast. a little time skip happens with Iso talking with Ahura, they are glad it is over and she asks him will he keep the Throne. He says no but she asks if he could. Confused Ahura asks why, Iso saw that many of the natives where losing more and more what made them who they were first with their moving city, and the the destruction of Terrigian that perhaps her modernzing to quick was the last straw. Ahura is uncomfortable feeling that he has always tried to stay away from the Throne, but agrees if they can set up a system that would allow him to continue his CEO duties.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member

I like it over all. It was generally nicely detailed.

I'm not sure about the implications of it all, specifically seemingly ousting Iso to the degree where she ousts herself; that is something I appreciated they did with Iso and her progression, and so I would never want them to regress and in such a way that makes Iso appear so weak and unable to manage things.

Super personal, but I'd also slip in as many character interaction moments as possible; I'm a sucker for the old Inferno/Flint relationship, so because of that, I'd probs want him to go look for Flint. (Flint relied on Inferno early on, since Dante more readily embraced things back then while Jason was very unsure of himself and his rapidly changing circumstances. Now, Jayson is the one who's in the proverbial lead, confident, sure, and considerably stronger in his powers and his control of them. Whereas, Dante seems to have stagnated in the development of what his powers and can do and what he himself can and should do; that's due to the old writers kinda abandoning Dante as the NuHuman "lead/viewpoint character/face" after Inhumans concluded before the Secret Wars event, but exploring the ramifications for having done so would be cool, and part of that would be the Inferno/Flint relationship. A digression that would eventually need its own story to solve, but regardless.) Maybe with Iso also still there for the sake of having updated closure about Flint.

Beyond this, I'd also find away to include at least some of the prominent Inhumans/NuHumans introduced for and used in All-New Inhumans but seem conspicuously absent here, namely Grid and Swain. And the Shredded Man being there and seemingly on amicable enough terms with Synapse needs an explanation. (Granted, Synapse's storyline was never continued after her opening arc at the beginning of Uncanny Avengers; we never did find out what happened to her brother and what his relation and link to their grandfather, a.k.a. the Shredded Man, was.)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-14-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The X-Men are still bigger than any quadrant you mentioned here and much more popular with creators as well.
    The essential reason, why I don't like the X-Men so much, in years even.

They're not a hated minority anymore. They're way too large to be a minority.

Certainly there was some culling with HOM

but I stopped believing the mutants were a minority when I saw that mutants were constantly being created for stories

and I couldn't keep up with how many.

It doesn't work for me as oppressed minority when you have more characters than all the Avengers, FF and other groups, combined.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There is no Marvel property, not even Spider-man, that can hope to stand against the X-Men and either win in-universe or not come across as oppressive jackasses somehow out of universe. AvX had the benefit of the Avengers movie and no-one realised synergy didn’t really work. Marvel comics is, regrettably, the X-Men’s universe and every non-mutant character since Torch just lives in it.

If and when the Inhumans return, they should stay as far away from the X-Men as possible and refocus on what Inhumanity should have been about; the conflict and turbulence between an increasingly unpopular and dysfunctional traditional hierarchy of Attilan and the other tribes and the culture shock and insubordination of the NuHumans
    I gave up hoping that X-Men and related characters could share the universe with the others. I would say that even most of the fans wouldn't care if their adventures were only in mutant land and never involved or rarely non mutant characters. I've seen the polls and read the remarks.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I kind feel like... the terrigenisis can't be done away completely for the humans to still exist.
    I also can't help but find myself thinking that... they have a lot more stories about people who entered the free roaming cloud since Black Bolt released it earth x style.

Lastly i'm disappointed that the inhumans story collieded with the X-mens tale the way it did, and now its just a barely used property for a few characters, but I guess... u can't just make iconic heroes at a whim, but damn it seems like a lot of missed opportunities happened there.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like it over all. It was generally nicely detailed.

I'm not sure about the implications of it all, specifically seemingly ousting Iso to the degree where she ousts herself; that is something I appreciated they did with Iso and her progression, and so I would never want them to regress and in such a way that makes Iso appear so weak and unable to manage things.

Super personal, but I'd also slip in as many character interaction moments as possible; I'm a sucker for the old Inferno/Flint relationship, so because of that, I'd probs want him to go look for Flint. (Flint relied on Inferno early on, since Dante more readily embraced things back then while Jason was very unsure of himself and his rapidly changing circumstances. Now, Jayson is the one who's in the proverbial lead, confident, sure, and considerably stronger in his powers and his control of them. Whereas, Dante seems to have stagnated in the development of what his powers and can do and what he himself can and should do; that's due to the old writers kinda abandoning Dante as the NuHuman "lead/viewpoint character/face" after Inhumans concluded before the Secret Wars event, but exploring the ramifications for having done so would be cool, and part of that would be the Inferno/Flint relationship. A digression that would eventually need its own story to solve, but regardless.) Maybe with Iso also still there for the sake of having updated closure about Flint.

Beyond this, I'd also find away to include at least some of the prominent Inhumans/NuHumans introduced for and used in All-New Inhumans but seem conspicuously absent here, namely Grid and Swain. And the Shredded Man being there and seemingly on amicable enough terms with Synapse needs an explanation. (Granted, Synapse's storyline was never continued after her opening arc at the beginning of Uncanny Avengers; we never did find out what happened to her brother and what his relation and link to their grandfather, a.k.a. the Shredded Man, was.)
    Thanks for feedback, and sorry for late reply.

I will answer some of the criticism just to say how I came to those conclusions.

As for Iso well this is a 2 parter. Her not being the leader I feel is ok cause even Soule knew this change was never gonna be permanent cause what was the first thing she did as leader say let's vote for our next leader. Not to mention her title "Interim Leader of New Attilan" so yes her going isn't a big issue.
    As for making her look weak, sorry if it came off that way but to be fair this has happened already with needing outside help twice for saving New Attilan in those 2 "Secret Warriors" books, the first one had her just surrendering to Hydra and getting Inhumans thrown into camps. She would still have a high position, as I put Ahura needing something in place for when he is doing Ennilux things as such they can still do elections maybe a parliament to be in place, with Iso her self going in a Minister of Science and Devlopment. After all that is something she learned durring the ANAD period.

Yes I would have many personal talks, but view the paragraphs as an issue summary you wouldn't include those in it. Inferno can be the one to get him, basically I matched each the recruiters to the make most sense for past, present, and possible future.

Ahura = Leer cause they are family, and Treste cause with the mind set of a New House of Agon the inclusion of an Inhuman that hasn't gone through Terrigenesis I feel should be included and out of her and her sister Treste is more physical.

Red Raven = Inferno or Iso since they met him durring that Spider-Man/Inhumans/Captain America crossover, and for Irelle I needed one of the daughters to slip out about Auran's resurrection.

Flint = Iso or Inferno they're all friends, who ever doesn't get him can also have a one on one when they all meet up.

Synapse and Shredded Man = Auran cause they aren't at a specific kingdom she can use her powers to find anyone, and to answer why they are on good terms well after Rogue got rid of his cancer maybe they started to start over while looking for the brother (who I had forgotten about, thanks for that reminder).

I feel I included enough Nuhumans, I am already including some that I can take out but just for the fact of inclusion they are there.

Orollan = Reader
    Utolan/New Utolan = Flint
    Aerie/New Aerie = Red Raven
    Ennilux = Marishi Spin
    House of Agon = Ahura Boltagon, Leer
    Native Attilan Inhumans non Royal before New Attilan = Alaris
    Native Attilan Inhumans non Royal after New Attilan = Auran,Treste, and Irelle.
    Nuhumans = Iso, Inferno, and Nur.

Now that's not to say other named Inhumans won't be seen, they just wouldn't have a main role.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I recently read Black Bolt by Ahmed. What a great book that was, really tugged at the heart strings and the art was beautiful.

Anyway, at one or two points, Ahmed implies that Medusa has her own story going on at the same time but doesn’t really get into it. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I recently read Black Bolt by Ahmed. What a great book that was, really tugged at the heart strings and the art was beautiful.

Anyway, at one or two points, Ahmed implies that Medusa has her own story going on at the same time but doesn’t really get into it. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    Royals, then a single issue called Judgement day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The essential reason, why I don't like the X-Men so much, in years even.

They're not a hated minority anymore. They're way too large to be a minority.

Certainly there was some culling with HOM

but I stopped believing the mutants were a minority when I saw that mutants were constantly being created for stories

and I couldn't keep up with how many.

It doesn't work for me as oppressed minority when you have more characters than all the Avengers, FF and other groups, combined.
    I disagree. Being a minority doesn't exactly relate to numbers, but how a portion of society is viewed and segregated by the ones who're in control.
    Think about real world racial minorities and you'll get the point.
    Plus, the X-men or Inhumans aren't segregated by other super-hero teams (at least that's not the intent), but by the MU's human population. They'll always be in fewer numbers than that.