Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast

Reader needs a solo .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Reader needs a solo .
    Agreed. He does.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11-24-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Crystal is past due, IMO, and Medusa could probably swing it, too, although I'd be less interested. Triton could use some ties to this recent Atlantean event, but that opportunity was missed.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Iso, Flint, Inferno, Haechi, Swain and, don't laugh, Ajay Roy, of the NuHumans.

Various non-Royal Inhumans, like Maelstrom's minions, or the Dark Riders (esp Tusk, whose powers I love), or Maximus' original fellow conspirators (esp Falcona, whom I'd love to see in the Savage Land, using her 'raptor control' on deinoychus and allosaurs...) could be fun to catch up with as well.

I think I half-agree with you say about Crystal we know/see her since she was a teen(?)... so theres not much hidden/unknown about her but maybe they could work with her if a Medusa solo run happens.
    Now that you mentioned, I saw comments asking about Maximus conspirators too. They used to show up a lot and make part of a higher position on the guard.
    Showing everyone up like that could be a good chance to bring the old/first inhumans story ways.
    sadly for Triton, its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Oh gosh, thanks! I can't wait until I'm ready to post the whole thing. I've been sneakily adding new pages to that imgur post as I finish them. It's a handy place to browse from my phone and I like looking at the progress I made.

As for comic recommendations, I 100% recommend the 1998 Inhumans by Jenkins/Lee. It gives you a look at the classic status quo before all the weird modern stuff happened, and Black Bolt gets to be his true self - a King who solves problems with wisdom rather than super-yelling. My other favourite is of course Black Bolt by Saladin Ahmed - and Christian Ward's artwork in this series is a rare beauty.

I'm not sure how I feel about Once and Future Kings. I would love to read more stories set in this "prequel" era - the main cast has SO MUCH unexplored backstory! - but when they travel to Earth and Spiderman shows up, there's this weird genre dissonance I can't get past. And there's the stupid gizmo that Black Bolt uses to be able to speak. If it's as simple as putting a gadget around your neck, why did he remain mute all those years? He's called the Silent King for a reason. It's part of his gimmick, it adds to this mysterious, ambiguous aura that he has. You're never really certain what his thoughts or his intentions are at a given moment.

If I were to write a similar "prequel" story, I'd make it about Medusa and Maximus working together to solve a problem, and Black Bolt helping them out from within his confinement, as the Guy in the Chair. Frankly, I find it weird that other writers haven't addressed any of the implications of Black Bolt's childhood, I've put some brief attention on it in my own fan comic, but there's so much storytelling potential there. As far as I know, Saladin Ahmed's solo is the only modern series that even touched this topic.

Oh, and I absolutely HATE that Medusa is a twice unfaithful wife, and I hope it gets retconned into oblivion.
    Oooh, good thing I kept the imgur gallery bookmarked
    I recently finished all their appearances (using fandom/wikia as guide)... I had to give a little peek on 1998 to remember, the story was good besides the... dark art style. And I agree, even if I hated him for being silent for so long, it is very interesting the way he turns around in situations using wisdom instead of brute force.
    For Black Bolt solo, I have no... words (haha), everyone liked it and I'm part of this group.

Being honest, I get bothered about his silence mostly on big events (I’ll hold on not to mention the Illuminatis meetings that Black Bolt just... is there.) considering how big they are in tecnology... they could have done something like a word projector or an inhibitor like they used in the series you mentioned (I believe that this gadget had magic involved by the way). BUT I have a theory that he refused these because he thinks that talking would bring too much freedom. It is as if he chooses only to think rather than to speak.
    I loved the part on your work where they used the screen of his bedroom to communicate, such a bright idea.

About Medusa, I agree. Over time we see how the relationship between them seems to be on a line, or everything is fine or is falling apart. Sometimes it is even understandable that some disagreements happen due to lack of communication and unity.
    ...I had even forgotten that another event like this happened in Once and Future Kings.
    She has a strong personality, sometimes I dont know what they are doing to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I could see Gorgon, and Ahura. Gorgon maybe goes to a gladiator planet by choice and it is like one of those has to fight but he wants to for fun. Ahura deal with those who want his power (power being either his posintions, and/or his superpowers) could do science and some demonic (also angeliac) enemies.
    Lets hope Ahura learnt something when Karnak took over Enillux lol
    I like the idea for Gorgon (reminded me of War of Kings: Savage World of Skaar), but I hope they bring more depth, past-wise, for the character. Along with this thread we see that he is missing some (small) information, such as wife and missing sibling (if is there any). Even in Once and Future Kings he had little screentime from past.

+1 for Reader solo
    Last edited by Chocomancer; 11-24-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Reader is quite the popular one, even among Inhuman haters.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Niffleheim

I've been re-watching Agents of SHIELD and I found the inhuman stories interesting in the future, especially to the Kree, Inhumans are simply weapon currency. They were being harvested to become weapon to sell. Inhuman narratives now just seems to have bleak futures.

It is time to start re-reading from Infinity. Inhumanity and DoI.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-24-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I've been re-watching Agents of SHIELD and I found the inhuman stories interesting in the future, especially to the Kree, Inhumans are simply weapon currency. They were being harvested to become weapon to sell. Inhuman narratives now just seems to have bleak futures.

It is time to start re-reading from Infinity. Inhumanity and DoI.
    I think they based that story-line for this 2000 series. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Inhumans_Vol_3
    It's a must re-read.

Galaxies Wanderer

that intro LOL
    the figure look soooo well made, Agon genes...

2020_Marvel_ROK_04F.jpg
    2020_Marvel_ROK_17F.jpg

i didn't know Marvel had a card game, pretty nice

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    that intro LOL
    the figure look soooo well made, Agon genes...

2020_Marvel_ROK_04F.jpg
    2020_Marvel_ROK_17F.jpg

i didn't know Marvel had a card game, pretty nice
    With that 2020 date it is new, and with everything else happening this year, a card game going under the radar isn't that suprising.

Wait, there's a new card game? What's it called?

Galaxies Wanderer

its called "Legendary" (probably will need to search something like Legendary tcg marvel)

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Reader is quite the popular one, even among Inhuman haters.
    He's basically Han Solo with a cool powerset. Its not hard to like him .

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I expect to receive mine somewhere around December, according to my supplier. It will look lovely on my 3Dprinted throne, next to my modded Medusa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I expect to receive mine somewhere around December, according to my supplier. It will look lovely on my 3Dprinted throne, next to my modded Medusa.
    I wish I could get him. I'm a Marvel Legends collector, and really want that Lockjaw (and more inhumans). They only made Black Bolt, Medusa, and Ms. Marvel. I'm really hoping the Fantastic Four's 60th anniversary next year will bring us some more inhumans stuff. The 20th anniversary of the X-Men movie got them a ton of figures.