Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I mean what would be the point in a recast if they were keeping it canon.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I figure it would be analogous to Marvel Comics existing in 616 and the comics printed and read there are licensed by the superheroes. Only that TV series wouldn't be licensed by the MU Royal Family.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If our favorite red-head wasn't on this list I would have rioted!

Who Has the Best Hair in the Marvel Universe?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvel-universe
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Right? I was about to raise my fists but they saved the best for last
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The TV show thing is funny but probably fake. Are we to assume the royal family is so well known in the MCU that someone created a fictionalized TV show about the inner workings of their family and society? That and it'd be needlessly mean and cruel to the actors involved (it wasn't their fault the show turned out to be a hot mess).

If we see the royals again in the MCU they'll likely just be recast and ignore the TV show entirely.

Astonishing Member

That was definitely an April fool's joke. Last I heard Anson Mount is likely getting his own Star Trek show as Pike.

Astonishing Member

Serinda Swan is the lead on a show called Coroner
    Iwan Rheon will be on American Gods
    Mike Moh was in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The rest of the cast who played the Royals nothing really standing out.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d love a writer who got them would be allowed to have continuous minis, like NAoA. Build up some traction, after the whole IvX fiasco.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love a writer who got them would be allowed to have continuous minis, like NAoA. Build up some traction, after the whole IvX fiasco.
    What's NAoA?

That could be cool, or maybe a bunch of minis following the different kingdoms and tribes letting different writers tackle what makes each one unique.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    What's NAoA?

That could be cool, or maybe a bunch of minis following the different kingdoms and tribes letting different writers tackle what makes each one unique.
    New Agents of Atlas. Which personally appeal to me because the cast is Asian+Asian/American and I'm Asian.

Oh yes. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Eldrac should have dispersed the Inhumans to form their own communities around the world. Reconstruct island Attilan for the amphibious and aquatic Inhumans with a resurrected Triton as ruler. Likewise for the Himalayan Great Refuge for cold-loving Inhumans. Cure the afflicted Bird People at the Aerie of the Terrigen disease (we have no follow-up story on that). Repopulate Orollan in Greenland. Take a peak at what's happening at Utolan. Have Medusa and Black Bolt visit Ahura at Ennilux. And reconstruct New Arctillan. Whew!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    New Agents of Atlas. Which personally appeal to me because the cast is Asian+Asian/American and I'm Asian.

Oh yes. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Eldrac should have dispersed the Inhumans to form their own communities around the world. Reconstruct island Attilan for the amphibious and aquatic Inhumans with a resurrected Triton as ruler. Likewise for the Himalayan Great Refuge for cold-loving Inhumans. Cure the afflicted Bird People at the Aerie of the Terrigen disease (we have no follow-up story on that). Repopulate Orollan in Greenland. Take a peak at what's happening at Utolan. Have Medusa and Black Bolt visit Ahura at Ennilux. And reconstruct New Arctillan. Whew!
    Ah thanks. As for the Avian just use the Antigen device Ennilux made. Be also great to get stories looking at each of the universal Inhuman tribes. Basically there are enough stories out there just need Marvel to get the right people on them. Maybe they should have an online contest or something to let you new people a chance.

Extraordinary Member

I am not against the Inhumans per se...nor am I really against the push to make the Inhumans a bigger thing...

However it is when they took characters who were never Inhumans and made them Inhumans.

Quake was not an Inhuman til this push. It was told that she had corrupted DNA from her father (Mr Hyde) pumping himself full of his chemicals and passing that corrupted DNA along to his child.

Toro (Thomas Raymond) was a mutant who had powers that just happened to match the Human Torch due to his parents work with asbestos or some such...not until he came back after the end of an Invaders adventure and then Black Bolt released the Terrigen Cloud was this retconned.

Blizzard was not one until the same thing as Toro...with the Terrigen Cloud they cocooned him and gave him electrical powers.

It was like they went thru a list and picked a bunch of random characters and just said "okay...let's make them Inhumans now"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not against the Inhumans per se...nor am I really against the push to make the Inhumans a bigger thing...

However it is when they took characters who were never Inhumans and made them Inhumans.

Quake was not an Inhuman til this push. It was told that she had corrupted DNA from her father (Mr Hyde) pumping himself full of his chemicals and passing that corrupted DNA along to his child.

Toro (Thomas Raymond) was a mutant who had powers that just happened to match the Human Torch due to his parents work with asbestos or some such...not until he came back after the end of an Invaders adventure and then Black Bolt released the Terrigen Cloud was this retconned.

Blizzard was not one until the same thing as Toro...with the Terrigen Cloud they cocooned him and gave him electrical powers.

It was like they went thru a list and picked a bunch of random characters and just said "okay...let's make them Inhumans now"
    I get that. I didn't personally mind with any of the characters you mentioned, because I didn't really know anything about them to begin with. But I felt the same way when they retconned Wanda to no longer being a mutant or Magneto's daughter so I get the frustration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

I kind of liked it since it did allow some characters a new chance in the spot light. And it did and didn't retcon, like Hyde's experiments just caused the Terrigenisis to happen or at least tapped into the potential of the powers.