Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    So, can I ask what's your guys opinion of the avengers game handling the inhumans?
    Genuine question since i have seen some mixed opinions so far so im curious
    I don't play games, so what is the Inhumans storyline in this particular game?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Scott had been dead for three years (and they replaced him with a whiny Tyke) but that's not the point
    I never really got why people claimed Teen Scott was whiny, other than the stereotypical knee-jerk complaints against a kid or teenaged character. Teen Scott was never actually portrayed as whiny.

Honestly, I miss Teen O5.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I never really got why people claimed Teen Scott was whiny, other than the stereotypical knee-jerk complaints against a kid or teenaged character. Teen Scott was never actually portrayed as whiny.

Honestly, I miss Teen O5.
    I loved Tyke in his solo and Champions, but the rest was atrocious (except maybe Bendis' run, it was nice to see Tyke and Laura sympathize under Jeen's jealous gaze)

Anyway, yes, I hated Tyke when he kept complaining that Cyke was worse than Hitler when he had previously seen Black Bolt murder "Scott", and then gave Emma the same treatment when she had only sought to respect Cyke's memory and save mutantkind

I hated seeing Tyke just being an extra in X-Men Blue that only served to fuel yet another, and stupid, love triangle with Jeen and an alternate version of Wolverine and who was by far the weakest of the bunch

Adding to that that Cyke had an excruciatingly ridiculous death and they defiled Tyke even more to replace him

Tyke spent three years whining and serving as a prop for Jeen (every Champions issue was a saving grace even though Amadeus was a jerk in the first issues)

Astonishing Member

I loved Tyke in his solo and Champions, but the rest was atrocious (except maybe Bendis' run, it was nice to see Tyke and Laura sympathize under Jeen's jealous gaze)

Anyway, yes, I hated Tyke when he kept complaining that Cyke was worse than Hitler when he had previously seen Black Bolt murder "Scott", and then gave Emma the same treatment when she had only sought to respect Cyke's memory and save mutantkind

I hated seeing Tyke just being an extra in X-Men Blue that only served to fuel yet another, and stupid, love triangle with Jeen and an alternate version of Wolverine and who was by far the weakest of the bunch

Adding to that that Cyke had an excruciatingly ridiculous death and they defiled Tyke even more to replace him

Tyke spent three years whining and serving as a prop for Jeen (every Champions issue was a saving grace even though Amadeus was a jerk in the first issues)
    I feel that's unfair, insofar as that's kind of a read that only makes sense if someone's sympathetic to adult Scott haven gone through everything the writers had long-since done to him before they brought the Teen O5 forward, and not considering how a younger version of him might logically feel hearing all that about what he's "destined" to do. Teen Scott's worry about becoming the man others are essentially worried he'll become feels like a legitimate concern he would have in that circumstance. That's why I feel it unfair to simply pass that off as whining. (As far as I'm concerned, Teen Jean isn't a factor one way or the other, and it would just muddy things to bring her into a conversation on Teen Scott.)

That said, I imagine this is going too far off topic in a thread about appreciating the Inhumans. I also want to apologize for any discomfort this post and my original response may have given.

Astonishing Member

I don’t think anyone has any illusions that the Avengers game is going to result in Marvel letting the IP out of the dog house

At most, there might be a DLC mission dealing with the Kree and mention of a failed weapons project on Earth, but the post-Inhumans tv show (*shudders*) axe would have fallen long before the developers turned their eyes to DLC characters/scenarios/NPCs

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Scott had been dead for three years (and they replaced him with a whiny Tyke) but that's not the point

What I meant was that Scott's death in DoX has undoubtedly increased the hatred towards Inhumans, and that if they kill Sue this time around to replace her with Crystal or Medusa, it's going to start all over again (and I can assure you that several fans on Sue's appreciation thread are really not thrilled that she might die (even for a year or two))

Yep, I'm an X-fan who is neutral to Inhumans (although I love Synapse and Kamala) but that doesn't mean I refuse a return of the Inhumans. I would be very happy for their fans if Marvel decides to give them a chance again, but not in this way, not by ousting Sue (who is otherwise one of my favorite characters)
    I think Sue dying and being replaced with Medusa or Crysal is a fake conflict that we don't need in this thread. I'm an X-fan too, and I think other X-fans who've fed into the mob mentality against the inhumans is ridiculous and toxic. That being said, I don't see the inhumans ever getting a book or anything again because Marvel's just a comic book company making profit. Not a company making sure they treat their property properly. They wouldn't have canceled all inhumans books if they really cared for their characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think Sue dying and being replaced with Medusa or Crysal is a fake conflict that we don't need in this thread. I'm an X-fan too, and I think other X-fans who've fed into the mob mentality against the inhumans is ridiculous and toxic. That being said, I don't see the inhumans ever getting a book or anything again because Marvel's just a comic book company making profit. Not a company making sure they treat their property properly. They wouldn't have canceled all inhumans books if they really cared for their characters.
    Ms Marvel & Moon Girl say otherwise.

Carol Danvers and Moon Knight with nonstop restarts say otherwise.

Marvel is not going to bury a property because of toxic fans-Disney is not going to allow that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Marvel is not going to bury a property because of toxic fans-Disney is not going to allow that.
    But that's the thing, they are burying a property because of all the toxicity levelled against Inhumans. To them, they equate the hate to money lost should they try and put something out. Obviously there's interest in Inhumans but Marvel's unfairly washed their hands of them.

Re: the latest Avengers game centered on an Inhumans plot, I do see plenty of people already claiming its a failure despite the game being downloaded by millions or being no.1 in physical sale in Europe. I think generally, people have no issues against Inhumans but there is one particular group whose hate for them is so irrational and they seem to have the loudest voices out there and Marvel is listening.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-06-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    But that's the thing, they are burying a property because of all the toxicity levelled against Inhumans. To them, they equate the hate to money lost should they try and put something out. Obviously there's interest in Inhumans but Marvel's unfairly washed their hands of them.
    Are they, though? Look what Hickman's doing with Krakoa in the X-books. What differs may be the Inhumans don't have someone protecting them higher up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Are they, though? Look what Hickman's doing with Krakoa in the X-books. What differs may be the Inhumans don't have someone protecting them higher up.
    I don't follow.

And yes, Inhumans have nobody higher up protecting them and with Feige's fight with Perlmutter, that's even more so. Inhumans have been left out adrift and who knows when we'll have something solid to look forward to. Ms Marvel (the latest game and more so the D+ show) is as close as we'll ever get for a long while and even then, there's zero guarantee that Inhumans as a people will be anything more than a foot note in that story.

Was it though? The last gasp of the Inhumans push was after IVX. Despite some truly fantastic titles like Royals and Black Bolt (if we ever get a new Inhumans book, Ewing or Ahmed need to write), none of them sold very well. That was always sort of the issue. The Inhumans were never huge sellers, but Marvel looked the other way because the movie was priming them to be the next big Guardians-style breakout. Then when Feige pulled the rug out from under the movie and the TV show tanked, Marvel essentially lost any incentive to continue.

It was not a bunch of high selling books getting axed solely because of angry X-Men fans on message boards. That's always been a scapegoat.

Astonishing Member

Sales are a different topic altogether and I do know they are low, always have been, I'm talking about Inhumans in the MU in general. Those are two different things. IVX was not a push, it was travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Inhumans will someday have a book again. How many have they had since early '70s. Eventually they will be used again in most other stories.

Since I've read Marvel since the late '60s, I'm probably ready for the jump-off point, killing Sue, would be that.

Sales are a different topic altogether and I do know they are low, always have been, I'm talking about Inhumans in the MU in general. Those are two different things. IVX was not a push, it was travesty.

Long time reader, who doesn't forget that at one point the X-men were repeating their series, prior to Giant size in '75. They were off the radar and probably discontinued because of sales. It happens, but probably not to them ever again. I love the Inhumans. Maybe the Feige/Perlmutter thing tanked any MCU - for now. But as in comics, they were well suited to be guest stars and antagonists/protagonists. so their day may come.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It was not a bunch of high selling books getting axed solely because of angry X-Men fans on message boards. That's always been a scapegoat.
    They (the haters) are writing website articles, in charge of comic con, making youtube videos, twitter, other writers, action figure companies, etc. It was an active push to destroy them from powerful higher ups ever since they were used as scapegoats for the Fox issue despite a weak "push". It wasn't "just on message boards."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

If Captain Marvel never had her film released, I don't know if Marvel would've fought for her in the comics division.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 09-08-2020 at 08:03 AM.