Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Could be why they didn't use it. It's a cool cover, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Hello again. Sorry for being mostly a lurker, for some reason I keep forgetting my bloody password to this site.

I've been working on a list of things I wanted from the Inhumans in order to make them work. I've spent time thinking about what kind of tropes would work best for them, what kind of storytelling would bring out their strengths. What could make them stand out in a world that already has mutants and Wakanda.

Eventually, that list evolved into a fanfic, and then that fanfic evolved into its final form: a script for a standard 5-issue miniseries. Unfortunately, I had to retcon Death of the Inhumans or there'd be barely any characters left to explore, but I still wanted to keep it relevant in some way. The exact mechanism for the retcon would be explained within the plot. I wanted also to provide a short crash course on Inhuman history to make it all friendly to new readers - not all of it, obviously, but multiple stories from the past would be relevant to the plot. I wanted to heal the festering wound left after IvX in a way that would be especially satisfying for X-Men fans.

Here it is - My "Inhumans shouldn't suck" manifesto. My love letter to the characters that no one wanted back. Destroy me.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DjC...TP0-cfHFD/view

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Hello again. Sorry for being mostly a lurker, for some reason I keep forgetting my bloody password to this site.

I've been working on a list of things I wanted from the Inhumans in order to make them work. I've spent time thinking about what kind of tropes would work best for them, what kind of storytelling would bring out their strengths. What could make them stand out in a world that already has mutants and Wakanda.

Eventually, that list evolved into a fanfic, and then that fanfic evolved into its final form: a script for a standard 5-issue miniseries. Unfortunately, I had to retcon Death of the Inhumans or there'd be barely any characters left to explore, but I still wanted to keep it relevant in some way. The exact mechanism for the retcon would be explained within the plot. I wanted also to provide a short crash course on Inhuman history to make it all friendly to new readers - not all of it, obviously, but multiple stories from the past would be relevant to the plot. I wanted to heal the festering wound left after IvX in a way that would be especially satisfying for X-Men fans.

Here it is - My "Inhumans shouldn't suck" manifesto. My love letter to the characters that no one wanted back. Destroy me.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DjC...TP0-cfHFD/view
    Ok first off, never feel bad for retconning Death of the Inhumans. Second just read the 1st issue and am loving it, cause most writers takes Inhumans in different directions. Being able to make connections to those directions is great.

Astonishing Member

Read the rest and ya the next few chapters a lot like the first, really does showcase what people like about the Inhumans.

As for issue 5 well I'm only putting a link so it doesn't spoil it for those who want to give it a go, but this really summarizes my thoughts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6M9lvw9PQ

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Read the rest and ya the next few chapters a lot like the first, really does showcase what people like about the Inhumans.

As for issue 5 well I'm only putting a link so it doesn't spoil it for those who want to give it a go, but this really summarizes my thoughts [/url]
    Haha, I get you. But since a certain character is a sort-of expy of Leto II, the God Emperor of Dune, he needs to have a 'necessary evil' aspect to him. Plus the whole thing is intended to act as a long brick joke because fanfics are abomination, geddit?

Astonishing Member

Haha, I get you. But since a certain character is a sort-of expy of Leto II, the God Emperor of Dune, he needs to have a 'necessary evil' aspect to him. Plus the whole thing is intended to act as a long brick joke because fanfics are abomination, geddit?
    I guess I geddit....

Gifs I made of Milla Jovovich, my personal fancast, as Medusa.

EDIT:

Made another static edit.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 09-17-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Another edit I made of Milla as Medusa. Haha. Sorry for the double post but I couldn't contain my excitement.

How would you feel about Rebecca Ferguson?

How would you feel about Rebecca Ferguson?
    I prefer the intensity that Milla naturally radiates but Rebecca is a more nuanced actress and would probably be a better choice from an acting perspective.

Astonishing Member

I am for the tv cast to come back. No one had a problem with the cast, and would be grwat for them to still be part of it.

I am for the tv cast to come back. No one had a problem with the cast, and would be grwat for them to still be part of it.
    Personally, I wouldn't really want that but I think they were all good or at least decent actors aside from the girl that played Crystal. No offense to her but she was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't really want that but I think they were all good or at least decent actors aside from the girl that played Crystal. No offense to her but she was awful.
    In a way, she was cast perfectly, sort of an innocent or not very wise/mature. I felt the cast mostly gave it their best. I think better production values/support was the ONLY thing that made it not be a success. Having said that, some of these actors would have moved on by now. Who knows?

Astonishing Member

So anyone else have an idea on what they would like for an Inhuman story?

So anyone else have an idea on what they would like for an Inhuman story?
    I would like to see, at least the royals, stay in space for a while and try to find their place in the universe. Especially now, when the galactic landscape has changed so dramatically with the Kreel/Skrull War ending. The Inhumans don't need to try to conquer the Kree again or anything like that but obviously, after the events of DoI it would be interesting to see Black Bolt want to get revenge or retribution from the Kree for slaughtering his people. It could be interesting to see Black Bolt and his family interact or butt heads with Teddy in some way, or maybe team up against the renegade Kree faction that was responsible for the massacre, etc.

I think there are quite a few possibilities for the Inhumans at this point that could take them into pretty interesting directions.