Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

We are getting a Defenders Omnibus!

THE DEFENDERS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by ROY THOMAS, STEVE ENGLEHART & LEN WEIN with TONY ISABELLA, CHRIS CLAREMONT,
    STAN LEE, STEVE DITKO, DENNIS O'NEIL & BILL EVERETT
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA & ROSS ANDRU with BOB BROWN, GIL KANE, JIM STARLIN, JACK KIRBY
    & BILL EVERETT
    Covers by TBA, NEAL ADAMS & GIL KANE
    Doctor Strange, the Hulk, the Sub-Mariner, the Silver Surfer and Valkyrie! They are the dynamic Defenders, comics' greatest "non-team," and they do not rely on bylaws and butlers. They join together in moments of utmost crisis — to face incomprehensible enemies like Dormammu, the Nameless One and the Enchantress! But when the Defenders encounter heroes of a more conventional stripe, it's war — the watershed hero vs. hero Avengers/Defenders War, no less! This massive omnibus also sees Hawkeye, the Black Knight, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Nighthawk and Daimon Hellstrom join the Defenders in classic adventures. It's a must-have edition collecting Roy Thomas, Steve Englehart and Len Wein's complete DEFENDERS runs in one beautifully restored volume! Collecting SUB-MARINER (1968) #34-35, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #1-3, DEFENDERS (1972) #1-19, GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #1-2, and AVENGERS (1963) #115 (B STORY) and #116-118.
    680 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92859-9
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8
    THE DEFENDERS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC ADAMS COVER (DM ONLY)
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92860-5

THE DEFENDERS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC KANE COVER (DM ONLY)
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92886-5
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Collecting SUB-MARINER (1968) #34-35, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #1-3, DEFENDERS (1972) #1-19, GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #1-2, and AVENGERS (1963) #115 (B STORY) and #116-118.
    Looking at these issues, I wonder why they didn't include the three issues where Namor, Doctor Strange, and Hulk, in their respective books, encounter the Nameless One? Why the three of them didn't team up all together, that was clearly the first time Doctor Strange worked with them, and the Nameless One plays a role in those first books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

I already have all the MMWs, so omnibus doesn't interest me. I think the newest MMW is due out soon! Just checked -- November. This will probably be my last one. There were some decent issues after the Kraft run, but mostly a lot of blah.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I already have all the MMWs, so omnibus doesn't interest me. I think the newest MMW is due out soon! Just checked -- November. This will probably be my last one. There were some decent issues after the Kraft run, but mostly a lot of blah.
    I have them too. But the omnibus are oversized ... so I do double dip on occasion. But then there's the Epic Collections too. Been meaning to check them out and see if they offer anything different. Probably not going to double dip on those.

I'm re-posting Juan's post and my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

preview on The Defenders cover Jorge Molina

HOLY COW.

Coming over here and seeing the Omnibus solicit, I'm now wondering if this is the TBA cover??

I was hoping for a new book, but the Omnibus sounds more likely, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

HOLY COW.

Coming over here and seeing the Omnibus solicit, I'm now wondering if this is the TBA cover??

I was hoping for a new book, but the Omnibus sounds more likely, now that I think about it.
    I had not seen this, but I LOVE it!

Could this really be a cover?

I am so happy to see Valkyrie (Brunhilde) and next to Namor is a bonus. Namor seems happy too, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I had not seen this, but I LOVE it!

Could this really be a cover?

I am so happy to see Valkyrie (Brunhilde) and next to Namor is a bonus. Namor seems happy too, lol!

LOL! Who wouldn't be happy. ;p

That's a great Val also, though, I thought she was taller.

Molina says on his instagram that it is a cover. The question is ... what is it a cover for?

Molina says on his instagram that it is a cover. The question is ... what is it a cover for?
    Val's trying to make Namor feel taller, lol.

I believe as Barbara Norriss form (which this would be) Val was about 5'9" and weighed 145. In her true Brunhilde form, Val is 6'3" 475 pounds.

Val's trying to make Namor feel taller, lol.

I believe as Barbara Norriss form (which this would be) Val was about 5'9" and weighed 145. In her true Brunhilde form, Val is 6'3" 475 pounds.
    Holy cow. What is Brunhilde eating???

But yes, that sounds more what I was thinking for Val. She's closer to Namor's height. I doubt she would help bolster Namor's ego. She's prolly standing in a hole. LOL!

Holy cow. What is Brunhilde eating???

But yes, that sounds more what I was thinking for Val. She's closer to Namor's height. I doubt she would help bolster Namor's ego. She's prolly standing in a hole. LOL!
    Lol! Val (Brunhilde) is of Asgardian demigoddess origins and not only a Valkyrie but the leader of the Valkyrior, so yeah, she is a big mama and really tough! I like the muscles that the artist did for her.

I like the standing in a hole! Maybe Namor is hovering on his little ankle wings just to make himself taller, 'cause he knows this portrait is being done and wants to look taller for his fans, lol!

Lol! Val (Brunhilde) is of Asgardian demigoddess origins and not only a Valkyrie but the leader of the Valkyrior, so yeah, she is a big mama and really tough! I like the muscles that the artist did for her.

I like the standing in a hole! Maybe Namor is hovering on his little ankle wings just to make himself taller, 'cause he knows this portrait is being done and wants to look taller for his fans, lol!
    There we go! That sounds about right. Namor hovering to make himself taller. LOL!

That's right. The Asgardians have a much heavier body mass.

I agree. I like how muscular Molina made Val.

Astonishing Member

HOLY COW.

That's beautiful, but I have to point out the emphasis on Namor's crotch and the reduction of Val's breast size.
    Last edited by kcekada; 10-20-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

She grew after losing the Barbara Norris shell and being returned to her full-sized Asgardian body. I don't recall the exact height -- but at least 6 foot.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    She grew after losing the Barbara Norris shell and being returned to her full-sized Asgardian body. I don't recall the exact height -- but at least 6 foot.
    Yeah, I listed it 5 posts above, lol. Valkyrie(Brunhilde) stands 6'3" and weighs 475 pounds.