Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

MCU Cosmic (so take it with a healthy dose of salt) says it is RUMORED that Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing New Live-Action Defenders Project, or going to use those characters.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/rum...rs-characters/

How many attempts is that going to be for the Punisher? I'm just not sure Disney is so keen on this character as some at Marvel obviously are. I could see getting Iron Fist for Shang Chi, but I think Jessica Jones is probably too ... gritty, at least if they follow the comics. Daredevil if he was more like the Waid run.

Of course, given the RUMORS about Hulk and Namor reverting fully back to Marvel, and Namor RUMORED to be in the next Dr Strange movie, perhaps there is another Defenders roster they are talking about. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    MCU Cosmic (so take it with a healthy dose of salt) says it is RUMORED that Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing New Live-Action Defenders Project, or going to use those characters.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/rum...rs-characters/

How many attempts is that going to be for the Punisher? I'm just not sure Disney is so keen on this character as some at Marvel obviously are. I could see getting Iron Fist for Shang Chi, but I think Jessica Jones is probably too ... gritty, at least if they follow the comics. Daredevil if he was more like the Waid run.

Of course, given the RUMORS about Hulk and Namor reverting fully back to Marvel, and Namor RUMORED to be in the next Dr Strange movie, perhaps there is another Defenders roster they are talking about. ;p
    Imagine an OG Defenders movie? I'd be excited for that. Even if we don't have surfer (since I'm sure that he might be used in a future FF movie) we still would have Strange, Hulk, and maybe (hopefully!) Namor and maybe we could even get Valkyrie and other members. A cool dimension hopping movie would be really fun.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Imagine an OG Defenders movie? I'd be excited for that. Even if we don't have surfer (since I'm sure that he might be used in a future FF movie) we still would have Strange, Hulk, and maybe (hopefully!) Namor and maybe we could even get Valkyrie and other members. A cool dimension hopping movie would be really fun.
    Dimension hopping could be very interesting. Especially if they did it as a show, rather than a movie. There are lots of cool things we could see ... like the Invaders. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Dimension hopping could be very interesting. Especially if they did it as a show, rather than a movie. There are lots of cool things we could see ... like the Invaders. ;p
    Rev you are a genius! I would so watch a Disney plus show of this! Now I won't be able to stop thinking about a show that explores different universes, if the Doctor Strange movie spins out into a series that would be so cool.

Rev you are a genius! I would so watch a Disney plus show of this! Now I won't be able to stop thinking about a show that explores different universes, if the Doctor Strange movie spins out into a series that would be so cool.
    LOL! Well, I'm glad someone appreciates my ideas. Now if we could just get someone at Marvel to recognize my genius! ;p

LOL! Well, I'm glad someone appreciates my ideas. Now if we could just get someone at Marvel to recognize my genius! ;p
    We recognize it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    We recognize it here.
    Thank you.

But look! CBR is doing so also! Okay, more like coming to the same conclusion, since I'm not mentioned at all. ;p

Defenders: The MCU May Be Assembling the Original Team

Thank you.

But look! CBR is doing so also! Okay, more like coming to the same conclusion, since I'm not mentioned at all. ;p

Defenders: The MCU May Be Assembling the Original Team
    You know how much I love the original Defenders too! I feel like we made this happen with our positive thought projection*** ***courtesy of Defenders foe Xemu the Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You know how much I love the original Defenders too! I feel like we made this happen with our positive thought projection*** ***courtesy of Defenders foe Xemu the Titan
    Oh my. I WISH that were my secret super-power! I spend far too much time thinking about what I would LOVE Marvel to do for my favorite characters. LOL!

Well, all this is rumor, and wishful thinking, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd like to see a Defenders story where the team goes hunting the major demon lords to get rid of them once and for all (hopefully) and seal off their dimensions from Earth. For Daimon, it may even be a way to get rid of the "competition".

The director for Doctor Strange 2 has stepped down and Marvel is looking for another director, he cited "creative differences" as his reason for leaving the movie. I wonder if this will effect whether or not the Defenders make an appearance?

The director for Doctor Strange 2 has stepped down and Marvel is looking for another director, he cited "creative differences" as his reason for leaving the movie. I wonder if this will effect whether or not the Defenders make an appearance?
    No, let us hope not! We will wick it away with Doc's spell of concealment, containment and banishment of the idea.

The Dynamic Defenders MUST appear! (Well, I really need to see them all together on-screen, so I Hope they appear, lol! )

BANNED

Giant-Size Defenders #3 Jan 1975
    First appearance of Korvac in "Games Godlings Play!"
    The Defenders and Daredevil are selected by the Grandmaster and the Prime Mover to participate in their latest game,

in which the Grandmaster pits them against beings from different eras and planets selected by the Prime Mover to do battle.
    The winner get's Earth as their prize.

Pitting two of Grandmaster's champions against at least one of those of the Prime Mover,

the Defenders still manage to win, even though some of their numbers are killed in the battle.
    However, when the Grandmaster wins, he revives those who were killed.
    Having lost, the Prime Mover breaks down and the Grandmaster prepares to take ownership of the Earth.
    However, Daredevil challenges him to a coin toss,

which Daredevil wins. Losing it all, the Grandmaster returns
    the Defenders to Earth, and leaving all alone... Until next time that is..

Script by Steve Gerber (script, plot), Jim Starlin (plot) and Len Wein (plot),
    pencils by Jim Starlin (layouts), Dan Adkins (finished art), Don Newton (finished art) and Jim Mooney (finished art),
    inks by Dan Adkins (pages 1-7, 10-11, 22-27, 43), Don Newton (pages 14-19, 31-36, 38) and Jim Mooney (pages 8-9, 30, 37, 39, 44)

Nice! I didn't remember that issue.

Lot of artists on it, but it was a Giant Size issue.

The third variant for Tarot #2. I'm sure Defenders fan will recognize the homage.