Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Yes, whether or not they address Uranians or the non-reproductive thing, it sounds like a great comic. Planned well, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't get the delay of the book. It's not like it's going to be that much closer to the film's release anyway, since it was moved all the way to November of 2021. What difference does two months make?

And yeah, I'm curious to see how Gillen explain the origins of characters like Thanos/Starfox under this status quo. Also, what about Ikaris' son, who was the very origin of his name? If Eternals can't reproduce, that begs that question of how exactly that child came to be. I sense we'll be getting some retcons out of this run. I'm also curious to see if characters like Elysius, Phyla and Genis-Vell are gonna make the list of 100 official Eternals, since they are technically Eternals (genetically speaking), but their origins don't involve being created by the Celestials, but being artificial beings created with Eternal DNA. I feel like it's possible they might be left out of the list...
    I feel the delay could be to give ribic more time. Iirc the same thing happened in secret wars. I can't remember if it happened with Thor.
    I could see him saying eternals don't reproduce with each other. A lot of the offspring are hybrids. Might even explain how thanos ended up the way he is. Plus we know they have sex in gaiman's run because one of sprite's gripes was not being able to get any due to his appearance.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I've only read Kirby's Eternals, is there anything else I should brush up on while waiting for the Gillen/Ribic joint?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-10-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

The 7-issue Eternals mini by Neil Gaiman.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've only read Kirby's Eternals, is there anything else I should brush up on while waiting for the Gillen/Ribic joint?
    I also suggest this one:

esmu.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

The First Arc of Aaron's Avengers to know where they are now. Gaiman's Eternals and Gruenwald's Eternals. For Gilgamesh and Sersi, I think you can read Waid 90s Avengers and ANAD Hercules. For Deviant you can read Thor: Deviants Saga. But the latest Eternals is by Khauff and Acuna.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I feel the delay could be to give ribic more time. Iirc the same thing happened in secret wars. I can't remember if it happened with Thor.
    I could see him saying eternals don't reproduce with each other. A lot of the offspring are hybrids. Might even explain how thanos ended up the way he is. Plus we know they have sex in gaiman's run because one of sprite's gripes was not being able to get any due to his appearance.
    I doubt Sersi and Makkari never had sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sprite is the one who didn't have sex. Makkari and sersi apparently really got around according to sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Sprite is the one who didn't have sex. Makkari and sersi apparently really got around according to sprite.
    Yeah, just going along with the idea that the lack of offspring doesn't mean a lack of sex .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Roy Thomas’ Thor run.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm really curious to see the dynamic of their relationship now that Makkari apparently has a female body. If I know Gillen, he's probably gonna say the Eternals don't really see gender and have a pansexual approach to sexuality (it's what he said about Loki), but I hope this is something that's actually explored in the book. I hope they don't take the easy way out by avoiding Sersi's relationship with Makkari just to romantically connect her to Black Knight again as a reference to the movie.

Astonishing Member

It could be that the Resurrection process can be very rough on Eternals depending on how they die (which might explain how Thena is Zuras’ daughter despite no procreation) and effectively reboots them into different people despite the memories

I've only got a limited knowledge of the Eternals, basically just Sersi and Thena from when they were in Avengers and Heroes for Hire respectively. Thena had twins whose father was Kro from the Deviants, have they been retconned away now?

Bingo, that's what I've come to believe. There is, or we may find something in the Celestial-created DNA that probably has this failsafe, if, after all, there are only 100 (and so, 100 Uranians? 100 Eternals from Overmind's world, etc?)

But demi-Gods. . . . now that brings up interesting ideas. Unions between humans - or for that matter, the obvious Deviants, or through out all the ages, it would be hard that they did not encounter other Inhumans or mutant types, etc.

Those offspring are the stuff of local legends, perhaps. Certain legendary creatures/cryptids (sic) could have been hybrid Deviant / Inhuman / other (I remember that Malestrom an old villain is such a hybrid)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all