Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So the next time we see these guys, are they going to look closer to their movie counterparts (gender, race)?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So the next time we see these guys, are they going to look closer to their movie counterparts (gender, race)?
    Not necessarily. The MCU made some gender/race changes to some characters that didn't change the comics counterparts at all, like: Mar-Vell, Ghost, Baron Mordo, Ancient One, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie, the original Nick Fury, etc. Not to mention big story changes like Ego being Peter Quill's father, or Hela being Odin's daughter, neither of which were incorporated into the comics.

I guess it's possible that with the Eternals all getting killed off in Aaron's Avengers, they COULD come up with a storyline in which they come back in different bodies that make them look like the movies' counterparts, but I wouldn't say that it's way too likely to happen. Marvel Comics' synergy with the movies is not usually that literal.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Film vs Comic

Art by Tom Grummet

ETERNALS POSTER BOOK TPB

Penciled by VARIOUS
    Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA
    ON SALE JANUARY 2021
    The mighty Ikaris! The sorcerous Sersi! The swift Makkari! The glorious Thena! The mischievous Sprite! The forgotten Gilgamesh! They and their fellow Eternals look more incredible than ever before in this masterpiece-filled poster book, collecting the finest artwork featuring the gods who walk the Earth! Whether depicting the cosmic glory of Jack Kirby, the dynamic style of John Romita Jr. or the divine grace of Daniel Acuña, these illustrations are guaranteed to blow your Uni-Mind! Also featuring allies and enemies, including the Celestials, the Deviants and the Black Knight, these are the Eternals posters you’ll want hanging on your wall — forever!
    42 PGS./All Ages …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92338-9
    Trim size: 11 x 16

here were huge plans for the end of the year with big-name talent involving the Eternals, to tie in with the movie, with a number of major books being worked on and developed – remember, Neil Gaiman worked on a previous Eternals revival, but with the movie in flux and Marvel looking again at publishing plans, some of this is also up in the air. But if there is a gap in Marvel publishing plans in November, that will be down to a chunk of Eternals content being shifted to February 2021

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/

Amazing Member

You guys think with the movie coming down the line we could see more alien eternals? I’d really like to know what happened to that particular Kree Eternal.
    Last edited by Old Owl; 07-11-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    You guys think with the movie coming down the line we could more alien eternals? I’d really like to know what happened to that particular Kree Eternal.
    They're probably gonna focus on the Earth Eternals to actually update us. They were proto-homo sapiens turned protectors of Earth. Unless they're gonna change their focus, but they might want to not bring Thanos into it since his story ended in the movies and they're trying to move forward.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They're probably gonna focus on the Earth Eternals to actually update us. They were proto-homo sapiens turned protectors of Earth. Unless they're gonna change their focus, but they might want to not bring Thanos into it since his story ended in the movies and they're trying to move forward.
    I meant the Eternals in the comics. We’re you talking about that too or were you talking about the MCU?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    I meant the Eternals in the comics. We’re you talking about that too or were you talking about the MCU?
    I was referring to the comics, but Marvel might try to correlate with the MCU. The extraterrestrial eternals are bound to appear in the books. I hope they release something, but I don't think they have much planned to match the movies because it was supposed to come out in two months, and still nothing.

ETERNALS #1

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by ESAD RIBIĆ
    Colors by MATTHEW WILSON
    NEVER DIE. NEVER WIN. ETERNALS.
    What’s the point of an eternal battle?
    For millions of years, one hundred Eternals have roamed the Earth, secret protectors of humanity. Without them, we’d be smears between the teeth of the demon-like Deviants. Their war has waged for all time, echoing in our myths and nightmares.
    But today, Eternals face something new: change. Can they – or anyone on Earth – survive their discovery?
    From the thought provoking minds of Kieron Gillen (The Wicked + The Divine, Uncanny X-Men, Thor) and Esad Ribić (Secret Wars, King Thor) comes a new vision of the classic Marvel mythology!

https://www.cbr.com/eternals-bosslog...t-makkari-mcu/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not necessarily. The MCU made some gender/race changes to some characters that didn't change the comics counterparts at all, like: Mar-Vell, Ghost, Baron Mordo, Ancient One, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie, the original Nick Fury, etc. Not to mention big story changes like Ego being Peter Quill's father, or Hela being Odin's daughter, neither of which were incorporated into the comics.

I guess it's possible that with the Eternals all getting killed off in Aaron's Avengers, they COULD come up with a storyline in which they come back in different bodies that make them look like the movies' counterparts, but I wouldn't say that it's way too likely to happen. Marvel Comics' synergy with the movies is not usually that literal.
    Well, this post of mine didn't age well. LOL