Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default The Twelve Days of Santa Doom - 2020

Back by popular demand! I bring to you again that Christmas favorite

THE TWELVE DAYS OF SANTA DOOM!

The story of Santa Doom was told by Scott Lobdell and John Byrne in the What The -- ? #10 Xmas Special. The story was reprinted in the Marvel Holiday Magazine (2010). So I will be mashing up Santa Doom with the 12 Days of Christmas, probably one of the more annoying holiday songs. I will be mixing a bit of the old thread with some new verses

On the first day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

A Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

First seen in the Jonathan Hickman / Esad Ribic magnum opus Secret Wars series in issue #2, we see God Emperor Doom on his throne made from the World Tree with Sheriff Stephen Strange and the Emperor's Royal Consort in attendance as judgement as passed in a dispute between Captain Britain and Mister Sinister.

I love seeing the excitement and admiration with which you honor our buddy Victor. You make both story and art coexist smoothly with music. May the next eleven days be as glorious!

PS Go buy the Doom: One More Day solo here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations. It makes a great gift!

Thanks Captain! At first I was confused and thought you meant there was a Doom one shot coming out from Marvel. Then I checked out the thread. To tell the truth I had forgotten all about it and assumed it was one of those things that ended with the last forum reboot! I will have to remember to check it out more often!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

yaaa! So glad to see you bringing the Santa Doom cheer, Iron Maiden!

Now if I could only get back to my Namor advent calendar.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    yaaa! So glad to see you bringing the Santa Doom cheer, Iron Maiden!

Now if I could only get back to my Namor advent calendar.
    I hope you get back to it soon! I got to prep another couple of posts since I may get tied up with other things this week.

On the Second Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Two Covid Masks

and a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

In Doctor Doom #2 Doom surrendered to authorities when it appeared that Latveria had launched a missile attack on Reed Richards and Tony Stark's Antlion project based on the Moon. He changed from his usual cape and armor to assure the authorities that he was unarmed and would not resist. It seems like artists haven't quite settled on how Doom looks without his mask these days. He was healed by Reed at the end of Secret Wars and his face remained unscarred for a while at least. But you know Marvel wouldn't let that last. At the end of the Infamous Iron Man series, he ended up getting his face slashed by whatever demon was possessing The Hood.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-14-2020 at 06:40 PM.

On the Third Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Three Doomy Bears

Two COVID Masks

The Doomy Bear has his origins in the Marvel Super Hero Squad show from the Cartoon Network. You'd think that the Build a Bear stores would come up with one...but Nooooo! They do have a Loki one though

Default The Fourth Day of Santa Doom

On the Fourth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Four Horns for Tooting

Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

I think probably 90 percent of the posters on this forum knows the "Doctor Doom Toots as he pleases" meme. But that panel was really edited to add the extra "toot" so that the line is "Doctor Doom toots as he pleases". (and we won't even get into the other meanings for toot in this thread..at least I hope not!) We first see Namor use what is called the Horn of Proteus way back in Fantastic Four #4. As fate would have it Namor would soon reappear in Fantastic Four #6 as a partner in mayhem with Doctor Doom who debuted in the previous issue. This was the first pairing of a long running tandem of titans in the MU. They'd spend half the time fighting each other or forming brief alliances. Maybe one day they may team up again. They really haven't had much to do with each other since Hickman's New Avengers.

For those who may not know the source of these panel, it comes from the Spidey Super Stories, a long running series in the 1980s that was published in conjunction with a live action Spider-Man segment on the children's TV show The Electric Company

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-16-2020 at 06:10 PM.

I'm impressed that Doom can talk and toot Namor's horn at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm impressed that Doom can talk and toot Namor's horn at the same time.
    I hadn't thought about that! I guess he likes to multi-task or it's some kind of weird power of ventriloquism

On the Fifth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS

Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

As far as I know, the only time we see Doom's Imperial Ring is in Daredevil #38 "The Living Prison". Doom kidnapped Daredevil to use in a scheme to gain some payback from the Fantastic Four after they defeated him in FF#60. He switched bodies with Daredevil so that he could gain access to the Baxter Building to attack the FF. But while he's on his way to the Baxter Building, Daredevil, who know is in Doom's body, orders Doom's henchmen to stop Daredevil. So Doom has to prove that he is disguised as Daredevil by showing him his Ring Imperial

Some of the five rings in that picture at the top are ones I found while checking out Etsy and an online auction result. The monogrammed signet ring was sold at an auction back in 2015. It was worn on screen by Julian McMahon in Fox's Fantastic Four movies. The one bottom row middle is owned by long time Doom fan Doomscribe and the other is from a Facebook store Batjeepster Rings for $125. I wonder if he has any more in stock?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-20-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Default The Sixth Day of Santa Doom

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Six Subjects Swearing (or perhaps the Usual Suspects?)

FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

So what's all this swearing about? If you have been following the Doctor Doom series (and if you haven't, you should!) you know that Doom was framed for launching missiles that destroyed the Antlion complex on the Moon. This project was designed by Reed Richards and Tony Stark with the purpose being to remove CO2 emissions from the Earth's atmosphere. After a series of escapes, being assassinated and revived from the dead and other misadventures Doom returns to Latveria to confront his inner circle who have escaped the Symkarian takeover forces and have taken up refuge in a residence of Doom's in northern Latveria. Doom catches up to the six who are (from left to right)

Kristoff Vernard: Victor's adopted ward and heir to the throne. Hooray! Someone remembered to include him in a comic!!
    General Vasily Makeyev: Doom's Secretary of Defense
    Boris Kerala: Friend to Victor's father Werner von Doom and loyal servant to Doom
    Petra Kerala: Boris's daughter and Doom's Chief of Staff
    Larin: One of the surviving monks from the monastery where a young Victor sought refuge after being expelled from college.
    Zora Vukovich: AKA Victorious. Cosmic Herald and Champion of Latveria

Each of them have to meet with Doom privately and give their oath. During this process Doom identifies the traitor. Who can it be??????

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-17-2020 at 06:50 PM.

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Seven Doombots Dancing

Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

One of my favorite Doombots was introduced in the Avengers AI series a while back. He was forced into being a member by Hank Pym, who implanted a black hole in his chest to keep him from getting out of line. Naturally, he had mostly the same personality and temperment as his master. But eventually he did develop a personality of his own that was not so linked with his creator. When Avengers AI was cancelled he made numerous guest appearances in Runaways but he's not been seen much since that series has been cancelled or on hiatus. It's never been clear which. Here's a little scene from Avengers AI. It links in with events dealing with the Inhumans when Attilan crashed landed in the middle of New York. In order to protect his people from Thanos, destroyed Attilan and released the Terrigan Mists over the Earth. People with Inhuman ancestry began to transform into Inhumans. An elderly client of Matt Murdock was one of these humans that suddenly transformed into an Inhuman. She panicked and began to vent her anger at her sudden transformation. Surprisingly, Doombot of the Avengers AI team stepped in to help calm her down by asking her to dance...

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-18-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Excellent and entertaining, Iron Maiden!

I love your choices, like 2 Covid Masks and the 5 Rings!! I don't think I've seen those highlighted before.

And of course I'm partial to the horn tooting. ;p

Also LOVE the Doomy Bear. I can't believe Marvel or Make a Bear are missing this great opportunity. As usual, the fans come through, though.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Reviresco! I'm mixing a little old and new because I've been kind of busy and it's a bit of a shortcut. I just can't see myself dropping the Doomy Bear as part of it. I keep wondering if I could go to the local Build a Bear at the mall and see if I can customize one