Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so is that recent maxi series finished?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is that recent maxi series finished?
    Yes. I don't know why the Zdarsky sale on Comixology doesn't have the entire 12 issues / 2nd volume of Invaders 2019. Maybe because that 2nd volume just came out in March?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

After careful inspection, my discernment is that Ladronn could have been a great artist for an Invaders ongoing/mini-series:

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-06-2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

I remember buying that issue of Cable strictly for the 3-4 pages of Union Jack, but ultimately enjoying the whole thing because the art was indeed fantastic.

^^^To the utmost, I agree.

Truly an underrated series.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ...I spoke to Roy Thomas about the Invaders a couple of years ago, and he said he'd love to do it, but he wants a series, not a mini-series...
    I'd love to see Thomas do something with The Invaders akin to his work with All-Star Squadron, "untold stories" of the Golden Age threaded in-between the published stories of the time, leveraging the real-world history of WWII.

Sorry for the short notice, but I don't check Comixology regularly. Maybe I should. ;p

Anyway, it appears the Invaders trades are on sale at Comixology. You can get the first six issues of the Zdarsky trade for the price of one comic! Most of the runs, including Classic, the Alex Ross stuff, and Robinson's run.

Supposed to end tomorrow night, I think. 12/13

Comixology Invaders sale
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Would be nice to get a new Invaders series for 2021!

My favorite series had been the Robinson one nearly a decade ago. Chip Z was good and all but I really liked the Robinson run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

My favorite series had been the Robinson one nearly a decade ago. Chip Z was good and all but I really liked the Robinson run.
    Don't say nearly a decade ago it can't possibly have been that long ago...

... sh!t.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The earlier All-Winners and All-Select covers feel like Invaders covers in of themselves.

One of the things that kind of got me about Cap in the Golden Age. He was featured laying into The Axis with firearms on the covers from time to time, but never within the pages (that I've noticed).

Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One of the things that kind of got me about Cap in the Golden Age. He was featured laying into The Axis with firearms on the covers from time to time, but never within the pages (that I've noticed).
    Hmmm. I hadn't paid much attention to Golden Age Cap and didn't realize that. What did he do? Just beat up them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Don't say nearly a decade ago it can't possibly have been that long ago...

... sh!t.
    It was more like 5 years ago, I believe.

I did enjoy Robinson's Invaders run, except for his ... infatuation with Torch, oh, and the Toro nonsense. He had so many interesting plotlines going on and far too many that didn't get explored or finished. Steve Pugh's art was great too. It's a shhame Marvel couldn't give him the time he needed to develop his ideas / plots. Alternatively, one could say that Robinson should have focused on one storyline at a time, but that doesn't seem to be his style.

If you didn't pick up the floppies or the two trades, you can supposedly buy this wonderful oversized hardcover that collects ALL the Zdarsky issues, including the Namor Best Defense issue he and Carlos Magno did.

ALWAYS AND INVADER

The greatest generation of Marvel heroes is back - to stop one of their own! Namor the Sub-Mariner, monarch of Atlantis, has once again declared war on the surface world - and this time he means to win at any cost! But he won't find allies in Captain America, the Human Torch and the Winter Soldier. All three fought by Namor's side in World War II as the Invaders, but now they stand as enemies! Namor's deadly plans are as far-reaching as the ocean, and it's up to the Invaders to stop him - but what chance do they have against a former ally who knows all their wartime strategies and fighting tactics? Namor's secret history is revealed, the Torch is transformed - and the world is forever changed. But can Namor possibly be redeemed? Collecting NAMOR: THE BEST DEFENSE and INVADERS (2019) #1-12. Rated T+

Comes in two covers, so your choice of Alex Ross or Skottie Young!