Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Medusa Appreciation 2020

Let's hope Medusa returns this year!

Happy New Year to the Queen of the Inhumans .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d love for Medusa to get a costume befitting her royal status. The purple jumper is just so...yeah. Also, Marvel should snag Stjepan Sejic to be the artist for their next mini/ongoing.

Huh. I never knew how the Wizard met Medusa. Where are those scenes from?

What was the last thing Medusa and the Inhumans were in? Death of the Inhumans?

These characters were destroyed because they were forced to replace the X-Men which backfired significantly.

Marvel should reset their status quo and try to build their own little drama, world, and bubble in the greater Marvel universe for them. The royal family shouldn’t have ever been placed second to their Inhuman genes as center to their storyline. That’s the X-Men’s schtick.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh. I never knew how the Wizard met Medusa. Where are those scenes from?
    The Inhumans: The Untold Saga #1
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

These characters were destroyed because they were forced to replace the X-Men which backfired significantly.

Marvel should reset their status quo and try to build their own little drama, world, and bubble in the greater Marvel universe for them. The royal family shouldn’t have ever been placed second to their Inhuman genes as center to their storyline. That’s the X-Men’s schtick.
    I don't think you understand the difference between mutants and inhumans. They were always quite similar, so when they got more exposure there was a fearmongering campaign against the inhumans as only being mutant replacements while the stories went into to depth as to what their whole mythos represents.

They never steered from Terrigen or the Kree being a part of their story. I think it was a lack of understanding and fear that drove people to come up with those conclusions rather than what happened to inhuman characters if there were a Terrigen bomb that turned the world into inhumans.

Hickman's X-Men emphasizes the similarities of the two species.

Also, them abdicating and not being a monarchy is a huge step in the right direction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

As major characters yes Death of the Inhumans, though Medusa & Crystal have had guest appearances in the New F4 book.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love for Medusa to get a costume befitting her royal status. The purple jumper is just so...yeah. Also, Marvel should snag Stjepan Sejic to be the artist for their next mini/ongoing.
    One of My Favorite Looks for Our Queen is her Look From Monsters Unleashed, She just looks so Awesome & Powerful!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love for Medusa to get a costume befitting her royal status.
    The mask is an indication of the character's royal status.
    I ADORE that the Inhuman race has a Queen and King whose royal status is depicted with them wearing a mask and cowl-mask instead of the trite tiara-and-crown-on-the-head look.

BANNED

Fantastic Four #94 Jan 1970
    "The Return of the Frightful Four!" First appearance of Agatha Harkness.
    Deciding to name their baby Franklin Benjamin Richards (honoring both Sue's father and Ben)
    Reed informs his friends that they are going to bring baby Franklin to a child
    rearing expert named Agatha Harkness, who lives in a mansion on Whisper Hill.
    What the team is unaware of is that the Frightful Four has reunited and plans to attack during their visit with Agatha Harkness.

That night after introductions are made, the FF retire for the night as guests of Agatha.
    When the Frightful Four break into the mansion, they incapacitate Ben and the Torch,

then trap Reed and Sue in their room. Planning to kidnap Franklin, they are first stopped by Medusa

who had only joined up with the group to help protect the FF from them.

However, she is bound by the Trapster's paste, but the Frightful Four are then defeated by Agatha
    and her cat Ebony, unleashing her magical might and defeating each member with ease.

When the FF free themselves, they are shocked to find all the villains defeated. They find Agatha quietly rocking Franklin to sleep.
    When the Thing spies a book about the Salem witches, Agatha hints at the fact that she herself is truly a witch, which spooks Ben.

Script by Stan Lee. Pencils by Jack Kirby. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Marvel Collectors' Item Classics #21 (June, 1969). Art by Barry Windsor Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From Marvel Collectors' Item Classics #21 (June, 1969). Art by Barry Windsor Smith.

Never saw this before!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

Daredevil #273 Nov 1989
    "The Billion Dollar Ashtray"
    Starring Gorgon, Karnak,

Medusa,

Daredevil, Number Nine and Brandy Ash.

Skip Ash provides Shotgun with bigger and better weapons
    and sends him back out to recover number Nine from Daredevil and his daughter.

Script by Ann Nocenti https://peoplepill.com/people/ann-nocenti/, pencils by John Romita, Jr., inks by Al Williamson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't think you understand the difference between mutants and inhumans. They were always quite similar, so when they got more exposure there was a fearmongering campaign against the inhumans as only being mutant replacements while the stories went into to depth as to what their whole mythos represents.

They never steered from Terrigen or the Kree being a part of their story. I think it was a lack of understanding and fear that drove people to come up with those conclusions rather than what happened to inhuman characters if there were a Terrigen bomb that turned the world into inhumans.

Hickman's X-Men emphasizes the similarities of the two species.

Also, them abdicating and not being a monarchy is a huge step in the right direction.
    Same fearmongering campaign fans get with any character. Reason why you had a lot of people making threads and voicing their opinion on Carol Danver’s push as if it was preventing their favorite heroine from getting exposure. Truth is no character(s) stops Marvel(Comic company) from pushing multiple characters, teams, or whatever else they want to push. Never got why anyone would logically blame a character for that.

There’s a lot of similarities between The Inhumans and X-Men but there’s enough differences that get brought up moreso than the similarities. The Terrigen Mist being the biggest thing. I’m sad to see it go to and when they come back it should come back, their whole culture revolves around it. They have a bigger cosmic presence then the humans interms of lore, their monarchy is also what sets them apart. The X-Men at the foundation of it a school of gifted mutants with their leader being their teacher. The Inhumans are also altered humans but with their leader(s) either being Black Bolt or Medusa (I was fine with Medusa being sole queen for awhile)

Abdicating the throne is definitely not the right direction for them. Most of their best stories play up the fact they’re Kings and Queens and of royal blood.

Hickman would definitely be awesome to right them by the way. With how he handles sci-fi and the bits and pieces he gave us when he wrote Black Bolt was phenomenal