Page 187 of 233 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You could also add why isn't Dick leading the JL in the future if Batman and the rest of the main league members are gone? I mean having an inexperienced new Batman run around Gotham is one thing, but at the same time having them run the JL when they might have no experience in doing anything like that is a bit much. But they wanted a whole new JL team, so it is what it is.
    Even with the new team, it should be Damian and Wallace alongside Jon, Andy, and Yara. That's their generation.

Tempest/Nightwing gig when they should've hold on to the old team... funny way to say one's dead one's god

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Note to the artist - Cyborg's Titans status is back in continuity. So why does that photo show Speedy (who was an original Teen Titan but NOT a New Teen Titan) instead of Victor?

Also, Garth, the Titans aren't currently based at the Tower, the New Justice Titans team was based at the Hall of Justice and Damian's team was using Mercy Hall.
    Damian's Titans are back at the Tower after they failed finding him, it was there Donna found them

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yep, this is basically all that I'm saying. If he's not gonna take up the cowl, why isn't he running point? Instead a new Batman takes charge?

To be fair, maybe there'll be adequate explanations in the books, but I don't know.
    Dick has responsibilities or his own city to protect. Not to mention his Titans gig.

Honestly I'm glad Dick isn't taking over for this event. Dick shouldn't be a relief Batman when Batman has lots of experienced allies in Gotham already. Gimmicks/Stories like that contribute to him being treated like a sidekick

Morrison's Batman and Robin was an exception since that was a prolonged stint.

Yea Nightwing should be protecting Bludhaven his city. Just visit Gotham see how the batfam is doing then be on your way back to your city and responsibilities. No more substitute batman, no more bat lieutenant.

The only good thing about these solicits for Dick is that Bludhaven wasn't mentioned once! Just let the city die off as a concept already.

Well, I guess January or even the next solicitations will tell how much of his own man he'll be allowed to be. While I agree that Dick should have his own thing going on, even more so in the future than now, the thing is that he IS in Gotham for the FS story, protecting Gotham citizens instead of being with the Titans or in his own city (wether that's Blüdhaven or not I wouldn't care). Can Nightwing protect Gotham just as well as Batman? He should be able to, but the narrative doesn't allow that, so him not being Batman doesn't look like a huge win to me. Personally, all I'm hoping for is that he'll take on a mentor role as he does with Terry from time to time or at least won't get his ass kicked to prop new Batman up.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The only good thing about these solicits for Dick is that Bludhaven wasn't mentioned once! Just let the city die off as a concept already.
    Yea Bludhaven sucks but its still better than just being another face in Gotham. But Bludhaven and Gotham are so similar that it probably won't matter if its Gotham or not.

Nicola Scott did a little interview: https://www.gamesradar.com/nicola-sc...-future-state/

There isn't a lot she could say but she mentions a few general things:
    • Nightwing's status and importance within Gotham and the general hero community plays a role
    • the story highlights how significant, important, and good at his job, Nightwing is
    • another significant character appears
    • selfcontained story

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Even with the new team, it should be Damian and Wallace alongside Jon, Andy, and Yara. That's their generation.

Tempest/Nightwing gig when they should've hold on to the old team... funny way to say one's dead one's god

Damian's Titans are back at the Tower after they failed finding him, it was there Donna found them
    Donna met Damian's team on TT 47, so Nightwing 75 is happened before Batman 100 (Joker War) but after TT 47?

The Moore bait and switch has gotten rather tiresome with this title. And wtf im back, but i don't feel like im back. When can i leave what led to Nightwing behind. This is just more Ric. Bitching and whining, and going nowhere. When do i really get to be me? Are they kidding me with this bullshit. Ya, when the f are we gonna get Dick back. Cause for 2 years people have been asking that and still they just refuse to deliver and drag this out. Why do i have a feeling this is going to end with Dick accepting that he's both Dick and Ric now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-17-2020 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Donna met Damian's team on TT 47, so Nightwing 75 is happened before Batman 100 (Joker War) but after TT 47?
    It IS actually possible that the remaining Teen Titans issues are pre-Joker War. Teen Titans #46 is also out next week, and we know the older Titans show up in issue 47.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Travis Moore should be rewarded after drawing the Ric mess and DC should keep him with the new creative team in March.

He can't finish an issue. Pretty art, but there is no way he can do a monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nicola Scott did a little interview: https://www.gamesradar.com/nicola-sc...-future-state/

• Nightwing's status and importance within Gotham and the general hero community plays a role
    • the story highlights how significant, important, and good at his job, Nightwing is
    • selfcontained story
    I like the sound of all those things. Other than another significant character showing up. I don't give a rat's ass about that. But the rest sounds good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

• selfcontained story
    Sounds good .

So someone significant other than Luke's Batman? Could it be Barbara? Or Bruce?

I still find it hilarious how creatively bankrupt the are with the current Nightwing book. So Dick is going to go face off against KGBeast for shooting him in the head, but since he was shot we have had Bruce go after KGBeast and beat him nearly to death, we've had Damian go after KGBeast, and we have had Babs go after KGBeast all for shooting Dick in different stories from each other. Now we are getting a 4th story of Dick going after him. DC is desperately trying to scrape every last bit of content from this awful Ric story as they can. It is just so sad, lol.