Page 29 of 233 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

He became Nightwing to not relay on Bruce. He wants to be his own man. I mean in many ways wouldn't that get him more caught as Nightwing? I mean yeah he is famous but he is able to keep a low enough profile. We don't hear much about him. People aren't chasing I mean there are famous children who we don't hear about much anymore. So Dick can be one of those cases. People only talking about him when he is at majority events. I mean it's the reason he moved from Gotham to Bludhaven
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-11-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Incredible Member

That’s another perspective I have never understood....Dick’s unwillingness to let Bruce fund his mission. He IS carrying on the family business...it’s mot like he’s gonna use the Wayne fortune to produce Broadway plays. He knows Bruce did not make his fortune ( although he may have grown it); he was given It by his father. He should let Bruce do the same.

Incredible Member

If you can, you guys should check out pennyworth rip. Tynion did a good job with Ric. Honestly he should’ve been handled like this since the beginning

Edit: also tomasi was on this as well
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 02-11-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    That’s another perspective I have never understood....Dick’s unwillingness to let Bruce fund his mission. He IS carrying on the family business...it’s mot like he’s gonna use the Wayne fortune to produce Broadway plays. He knows Bruce did not make his fortune ( although he may have grown it); he was given It by his father. He should let Bruce do the same.
    Because he feels like he will still be in his shadow. He wants to feel like his own person. He wants to feel like he can do things on his own and not have to get help all the time. They had a breakdown. So Dick felt cut off. So he wanted to do his own thing. To have Bruce funded means Bruce can still control him. Bruce has been down to be controlling.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Batman – Pennyworth R.I.P. #1

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Wow, Jason comes across as a nasty piece of sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Why is he wearing shades in-doors? Is it a disguise?

So I guess RHATO Annual and that Rebirth Nightwing issue are out the window? Jason clearly is aware that Richard lost his memory but still seems resentful or unwillingly to take that into account. That's unnecessarily asreholey

Ric as concept and character is such a mess. There is no consistency at all to his character or what he does. I know I guess I’m suppose to like the moments he’s actually tolerable, but then the other part of me can’t help but put them in context of Ric as a whole. Quite frankly the Ric in RIP just doesn’t fit with anything else they done with him so far. He doesn’t even fit timeline wise where they say, but we went over that already. It just further angers me over how poorly coordinated and executed Ric has been as a hole, and asking why they are still holding on to something they themselves don’t even seem to follow.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    The whole family, save for Ric, come off like garbage.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think Jason has a point to be fair. Ric has spent months telling the family to leave him alone, then he goes to the funeral and acts sanctimonious to people in grief lashing out at someone who, arguably, should have even more grief on show than they do...but instead he's smiling and vaulting and all the rest.

It's trashy writing across the board imo, but I understand why Jason would be angry, and given it IS Jason, of course he's going to lash out. He'd have found a way to do that even if Ric was Dick. Anger is how he copes, or doesnt.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think Jason has a point to be fair. Ric has spent months telling the family to leave him alone, then he goes to the funeral and acts sanctimonious to people in grief lashing out at someone who, arguably, should have even more grief on show than they do...but instead he's smiling and vaulting and all the rest.

It's trashy writing across the board imo, but I understand why Jason would be angry, and given it IS Jason, of course he's going to lash out. He'd have found a way to do that even if Ric was Dick. Anger is how he copes, or doesnt.
    When people close to someone dies. It makes sense tensions would be high and people might say things they wouldn't necessarilly said otherwise. Especially in a family as emotionally stunted as the batfamily. Especially as like Barbara said things are falling apart all around them.

Extraordinary Member

The May solicit has him reuniting with babs

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The May solicit has him reuniting with babs
    I knew it!
    I knew it was going to end before this year's Summer came.
    Ha! (XD)

They had to drag it out for the dumb Joker War crossover this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I knew it!
    I knew it was going to end before this year's Summer came.
    Ha! (XD)
    Is it ending though? Same writer, same run, same crap. And just to kill any forme of originality same old Babs reunion.