Page 195 of 233 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I actually think Dick should be one of the League's greatest critics. Not someone who is just all anti-League all the time, but someone who won't be blinded by the League's fame and status, who understands the kind of pressure they face, and will not only expect the highest possible moral/ethical standards from them but also get in the League's face when the team starts to slip.

There aren't a ton of people who could stand in front of the Justice League and tell them they're not doing their jobs well enough, that they're letting things slide and compromising....and of the few who would actually say those things, Dick's one of the few who everyone would actually listen to.
    I like that idea a lot. And he has done it before. Can't see it organically working in the current universe, though. The JL are framed too godlike at the moment and Dick needs his ties to the wider DCU back first. Apart from Clark, maybe Diana thanks to that one Titans Annual and Cyborg thanks to him slowly being an ex-Titan again, Dick has no pull over the Leaguers. He's only been portrayed as the tag-along Robin in the recent stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I like that idea a lot. And he has done it before. Can't see it organically working in the current universe, though. The JL are framed too godlike at the moment and Dick needs his ties to the wider DCU back first. Apart from Clark, maybe Diana thanks to that one Titans Annual and Cyborg thanks to him slowly being an ex-Titan again, Dick has no pull over the Leaguers. He's only been portrayed as the tag-along Robin in the recent stories.
    All very true. The "Nightwing seal of approval" that supposedly crosses multiverses and makes even a Superman stop and take notice....doesn't seem to extend to the offices of DC Comics.

I still hope better days are coming. New people in charge, new directives and goals, and goals that align well with Dick's larger media profile......if we're going to escape the bullsh*t and get a proper Nightwing who's capable and respected, this is the time. Might take a while for DC's plans to take effect and reach the shelf, but if a crew at DC is gonna fix Nightwing I'm hoping it's these new guys. We just have to wait and see what they offer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Reading the Dark Multiverse Hush tale was pretty enjoyable. It also makes me kind of hopeful that DC and/or the devs won't dismiss Dick's connection to the CoO in the upcoming video game the way it happened in the animated movie. The Talon design wasn't bad... looking at it I wish they would have used something similar in Batman: Ninja with Nightwing colors. Maybe it's just the scarf and the sword but I'm getting a steampunk-ninja vibe.

Justice League continues to be quite good in its character work. It deals with more of the amnesia aftermath this time. Dick's bout of spoilers:
    self-doubt was over a bit too suddenly to feel organic but it seems to me as if JL is supposed to bring back the Nightwing others have trust in and look to as a leader, so that's good.
    end of spoilers

All very true. The "Nightwing seal of approval" that supposedly crosses multiverses and makes even a Superman stop and take notice....doesn't seem to extend to the offices of DC Comics.
    Well said. Here is to hoping!

JL was giving me IC vibes.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Haven’t picked it up yet, but is New Order any good?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It was fun

It was different. I didn’t hate it, and I was glad to see Higgins get some redemption on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    JL was giving me IC vibes.
    Identity Crisis? Infinite Crisis? Haven't got a chance to read it because it was uploaded was a Wonder Woman book on the DC app or something.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Infinite Crisis. With the tower and everything.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Good to hear. I just bought the first 50 issues of the Rebirth era, as well as the Joker War tie-ins. Hope I love it, as Dick has always been one of my favorite male characters.

Nightwing should keep his horse from JL, paint it black and blue and ride it across the dcu stoping bad guys.

I thought it was pretty decent.

My biggest issue with New Order is that it's a story about Dick trapped in a moral dilemma where compromise *had* to be made and there were no good options. And I rarely enjoy those stories because these characters aren't built to operate in shades of gray. I read the book....oh, just as Percy was starting to prove that he wasn't going to have a great handle on Nightwing, I guess, and I was really hoping for a big, classic, awesome Nightwing story. And I didn't get that. What I got was a interesting and fairly compelling story about Dick who had seen his entire life defined by a situation where he only had crappy options.

But I thought it was interesting, fairly well written, and had solid art. Dick "sounded" right, if you adjust your expectations slightly to account for his position and the state of the world. I'd recommend it, but with the caveat that this isn't going to be a typical story of binary superhero morality where the good guys do good things and the bad guys do bad things. I got a little bit of an 80's deconstruction vibe from it, actually. But I'd recommend it, especially since good Nightwing has been so hard to find the last couple years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I thought it was pretty decent.

My biggest issue with New Order is that it's a story about Dick trapped in a moral dilemma where compromise *had* to be made and there were no good options. And I rarely enjoy those stories because these characters aren't built to operate in shades of gray. I read the book....oh, just as Percy was starting to prove that he wasn't going to have a great handle on Nightwing, I guess, and I was really hoping for a big, classic, awesome Nightwing story. And I didn't get that. What I got was a interesting and fairly compelling story about Dick who had seen his entire life defined by a situation where he only had crappy options.

But I thought it was interesting, fairly well written, and had solid art. Dick "sounded" right, if you adjust your expectations slightly to account for his position and the state of the world. I'd recommend it, but with the caveat that this isn't going to be a typical story of binary superhero morality where the good guys do good things and the bad guys do bad things. I got a little bit of an 80's deconstruction vibe from it, actually. But I'd recommend it, especially since good Nightwing has been so hard to find the last couple years.
    And to add onto that, the ending, unlike most main continuity series right now, was actually pretty hopeful and optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Holy sh... i wish i had the money to buy this right now.