Page 184 of 233 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3481
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Glad that Future State Nightwing is still Dick.

Also, wider Future State thoughts? I expected to hate it, and I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I dont hate it either. I like the designs.

written by ANDREW CONSTANT
    art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    card stock variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    Batman is gone! Now, Nightwing has taken on the mission of keeping the citizens of Gotham City safe from the Magistrate. But to do that, he'll have stay one step ahead of the Magistrate! And you know things have gotten bad in Gotham when the safest place for Dick to hide out is the abandoned Arkham Asylum! When Nightwing gets a visit from a mask claiming to be the new Batman…does he fight like one? Pick up this dark peek into the future by writer Andrew Constant and artist Nicola Scott to find out!

Nice little hardcore, more militant, Nightwing look they've got goin on here.

I think I feel better about Future State knowing it's not supposed to be permanent like 5G was planned to be.
    written by ANDREW CONSTANT
    art by NICOLA SCOTT
    cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    card stock variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    Batman is gone! Now, Nightwing has taken on the mission of keeping the citizens of Gotham City safe from the Magistrate. But to do that, he'll have stay one step ahead of the Magistrate! And you know things have gotten bad in Gotham when the safest place for Dick to hide out is the abandoned Arkham Asylum! When Nightwing gets a visit from a mask claiming to be the new Batman…does he fight like one? Pick up this dark peek into the future by writer Andrew Constant and artist Nicola Scott to find out!
    So one Batman successor vetting another, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice little hardcore, more militant, Nightwing look they've got goin on here.

I think I feel better about Future State knowing it's not supposed to be permanent like 5G was planned to be.

So one Batman successor vetting another, it seems.
    I only hope is not get jobbed to elevate this new Batman.

I think the mantle is now shared. There's someone in a different Nightwing costume operating with Raven, Starfire, Crush and Red Arrow as the Teen Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would be hilarious if that was actually Tim and he was called Blue Jay or Blue Wing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It would be hilarious if that was actually Tim and he was called Blue Jay or Blue Wing.
    Tim is already confirmed as Robin.

It honestly sounds awful. They are just going to use Nightwing to prop up the new Batman (probably Luke) by the sounds of it and use it to probably explain why Nightwing isn't operating as Batman instead. It's a waste of time and an easy pass, but it all was to be expected given how they view Dick as a character these days. Hopefully none of it carries over into his book post Future Slate.

As for the new costume I don't think it looks very good. I'd love a redesign of the Nightwing costume as the simple blue and black design and domino mask feels a bit too bland to me and translates poorly into live action, so I'd like to see something fresh and really different, but just adding these awkward armor pads, some weird domino mask thing that just covers a bit of the side of his head and chin, and making the bird logo look worse is a step backwards. It looks dumb. That Nightwing costume on the Teen Titans book looks a lot better with the blue and gold. No idea if that is supposed to be Dick, Damian or someone else.

Also I like that Nicola Scott is drawing Nightwing, but at the same time it kind of stuck that a good artist is being wasted on a not so good story. We just had that with Moore and the Ric stuff.

The costume looks bad tbh, a bit better in the cover by Purti but.... hmmm.... the colourist will be the deciding force, probably. Wish Dick had gotten sth sleeker like Catwoman or one that's more like the one on the Teen Titans cover. Speaking about TT I'm guessing that's Damian thanks to the teammates. Hope Red X is at least gonna be Dick.
    Not that excited for the Issue. "Bruce is gone" seems now to be a stable for anything Dick appears in that is not part of his own in continuity comic, and, yeah, please, please, please, DC. Just don't try to prop up the new or shared Batman or whatever by defeating Nightwing.

Lol yeah sounds right like Snyder's pitch even
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Tim is already confirmed as Robin.
    Ash Ketchum disease.

I just noticed the rib pouches on the costume. I don't think I've ever seen that before on a superhero costume. Just give him a belt if you want him to have some pouches, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The costume looks bad tbh, a bit better in the cover by Purti but.... hmmm.... the colourist will be the deciding force, probably. Wish Dick had gotten sth sleeker like Catwoman or one that's more like the one on the Teen Titans cover. Speaking about TT I'm guessing that's Damian thanks to the teammates. Hope Red X is at least gonna be Dick.
    Not that excited for the Issue. "Bruce is gone" seems now to be a stable for anything Dick appears in that is not part of his own in continuity comic, and, yeah, please, please, please, DC. Just don't try to prop up the new or shared Batman or whatever by defeating Nightwing.
    Yeah, something sleeker in the lines of the Catwoman costume would have been much better. Maybe something cyberpunk-ish. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Still a general meh because it's yet another bleak future, but looking at the artists at least Bruce and Dick will look sexy doing whatever they're doing