Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
Since Teen Titans takes place afterwards and he's got different gear there, he seems to only have the militant style gear for a little while. Maybe it just fits the job that needs doing in Arkham at that time.
That's my takeaway too. Seems to be a "right suit for the right job" situation.

Now, don't get me wrong, the suit *does* look fairly generic in a "paramilitary 90's hero" kind of way and something like Dan Mora's Power Rangers/Gotham update would've been far more welcome (best redesign I've seen for Dick, if only it didn't have the helmet). But I don't find the suit to be *bad* or anything, just a little basic and not really in line with Dick's typical visual MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't see the problem with just ending the solo and relaunching it with a new (better) writer. It's the same deal with Titans at this point.
This. There's no problem with the book that can't be solved with a better writer and better editorial viewpoint. Wanting to get Dick away from Gotham, Bruce, and the Bat editorial office is all well and good and I support that, but the Titans are maybe the only IP that gets abused worse than Dick so it's largely a "six of one, half dozen of the other" situation. In either case, you'd need better talent and editors in charge to get a Dick story worth reading, and between the two I'd rather have the solo.