Page 188 of 233 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I still find it hilarious how creatively bankrupt the are with the current Nightwing book. So Dick is going to go face off against KGBeast for shooting him in the head, but since he was shot we have had Bruce go after KGBeast and beat him nearly to death, we've had Damian go after KGBeast, and we have had Babs go after KGBeast all for shooting Dick in different stories from each other. Now we are getting a 4th story of Dick going after him. DC is desperately trying to scrape every last bit of content from this awful Ric story as they can. It is just so sad, lol.
    KGBeast is like Kamen Rider Thouser. Everyone needs a turn beating the tar out of him .

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I still find it hilarious how creatively bankrupt the are with the current Nightwing book. So Dick is going to go face off against KGBeast for shooting him in the head, but since he was shot we have had Bruce go after KGBeast and beat him nearly to death, we've had Damian go after KGBeast, and we have had Babs go after KGBeast all for shooting Dick in different stories from each other. Now we are getting a 4th story of Dick going after him. DC is desperately trying to scrape every last bit of content from this awful Ric story as they can. It is just so sad, lol.
    I fully agree with you. It is creatively bankrupt. And a filler too. I mean, NW vs KGBeast will wrap up in #76. A significant portion of #75 will be about the Titans, then there will be some Bea drama and maybe some extra drama in #76 given the #77 solicitations, so I'm not sure if we'll even see a lot of KGBeast?

Just hang on a little longer, guys. Dick is back, he's supposedly running the show in Gotham for Future State, and then God willing, we will have a fresh start in March. We can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Just hang on a little longer, guys. Dick is back, he's supposedly running the show in Gotham for Future State, and then God willing, we will have a fresh start in March. We can get there.
    I do think there might be light at the end of the tunnel. We'll have to see who is on the book in March.

But I'm not even mad about everyone going after the Beast. The Central City Rogues knew better than to seriously injury a Flash for this exact reason; you cross a line with one hero and *everyone* goes after you.

It just kinda makes me laugh to think of the KGBeast getting beat up by someone, then a week or two later leaving the hospital and there's another Bat waiting to send him back in....and then again.....hell this could be a new crime-fighting methodology; bury the villain in medical bills so steep they have to leave the country and go into hiding.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Dick has responsibilities or his own city to protect. Not to mention his Titans gig.

Honestly I'm glad Dick isn't taking over for this event. Dick shouldn't be a relief Batman when Batman has lots of experienced allies in Gotham already. Gimmicks/Stories like that contribute to him being treated like a sidekick

Morrison's Batman and Robin was an exception since that was a prolonged stint.
    It just doesn't seem like there's enough justification if the city, and presumably the heroes, think that Bruce is dead. If he doesn't have to be Batman to protect Gotham in Bruce's absence why introduce another Batman?

I feel like Bludhaven has run its course, DC doesn't seem to give a crud about it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The preview is just so boring. It reminds me why I'm fed up with DC Comics at this point. As fans we're in this constant state of "waiting" to move on from one status quo. Then you wait two years and THEN you have to wait for "transition period" to be concluded for a year or so. After that a new event happens and you have to wait for that phase to pass too. Quite frankly, I'm too old for that now, I want my wasted years to be given back.

In future state dick should be in his mid to late 30s right? Nightwing should have at least a night boy or night girl sidekick I hope.

Show that the nightwing "mythos" has grown in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The preview is just so boring. It reminds me why I'm fed up with DC Comics at this point. As fans we're in this constant state of "waiting" to move on from one status quo. Then you wait two years and THEN you have to wait for "transition period" to be concluded for a year or so. After that a new event happens and you have to wait for that phase to pass too. Quite frankly, I'm too old for that now, I want my wasted years to be given back.
    Ya, no respect for their readers time or money. The goal is to try and desperately milk what they can, rather then provide a satisfying product. I’m pretty confident they know the product is poor here too even, and has been. This book especially represents the worst of comics and this tired practice.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-19-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I do think there might be light at the end of the tunnel. We'll have to see who is on the book in March.

But I'm not even mad about everyone going after the Beast. The Central City Rogues knew better than to seriously injury a Flash for this exact reason; you cross a line with one hero and *everyone* goes after you.

It just kinda makes me laugh to think of the KGBeast getting beat up by someone, then a week or two later leaving the hospital and there's another Bat waiting to send him back in....and then again.....hell this could be a new crime-fighting methodology; bury the villain in medical bills so steep they have to leave the country and go into hiding.
    The real American nightmare right there. I felt that in my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We should be careful. The light at the end of the tunnel could be an oncoming train
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Nightwing #75 is spoilers:
    boring, imo. None of the character beats were entirely right or fleshed out. Sure, Donna and Garth coming was nice, but they didn't get much to say. Barbara and Dick idk, were there I guess. Bruce was being Bruce and Bea was fine? Tis fake narrative of I cannot be Nightwing, but then immediately being Nightwing pulls it all down. Plus it's before BM #100 but Dick has the issue and ahhhhh, continuity! KGBeast is kinda bland, dunno how other arcs handled him? Makes no sense that he takes Bea hostage. Not sure what to think of the Alfred narration, especially because Dick morns Alfred but doesn't even say a word about Damian. Won't be buying the next issue that's for sure.
    end of spoilers

Justice League #55 spoilers:
    had a few good moments again and was pretty solid. Still enjoying it and Dick's character design is slowly becoming one of my favourites. It just has sth.
    end of spoilers

I really love how even Dick Grayson is tired of Nightwing fanboyisms. if Bea dies though, i think there goes any good will I've slowly built for Dick Grayson.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I really love how even Dick Grayson is tired of Nightwing fanboyisms. if Bea dies though, i think there goes any good will I've slowly built for Dick Grayson.
    Why should the good will towards Dick be tied to a character intrinsically connected to one of the worst periods of his publication?

It's not like she's been part of anything good.

So #75, oh boy where to start. I guess if you don’t much like Nightwing this would be the issue for you. From top to bottom this is just a poorly written comic. One that seems to confused about its objective. Despite the cover Nightwing barely appears, and really for all intents and purposes this is just Ric with Dicks memories. He still wants to dress like Ric, he bitches like Ric, he still wants to date Ric’s girl, and prettying much just wants to reject his old self. It doesn’t make any sense, and seems to fight against the very purpose of bringing Dick back. Leaving us to just ask, as with Ric, who is this for. Potential readers who would be excited Nightwing is back, only for him to bitch about being back and try to cling to the **** that has been driving readers away. Its nonsensical. It’s why as long as Jurgens is on this book there was never any point to bringing Dick back. He doesn’t get it, he is never going to get its, and at this point he is just taking **** out on the very audience they are trying to lure back. Doing **** like taking shots at Nightwing with not being part of the JL, despite currently starring in the JL. Cause I don’t know if I said this but this guy is so out of touch it’s ridiculous.

Oh and as to the art. Moore basically just does the preview and a few pages in the middle, as usual, and the it’s back to the generic stuff to do all the rest. It’s such a trap. The Titans too was just a fan service trap as they served no actual purpose.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-20-2020 at 09:49 AM.