Page 190 of 233 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nightwing #75 is spoilers:
    boring, imo. None of the character beats were entirely right or fleshed out. Sure, Donna and Garth coming was nice, but they didn't get much to say. Barbara and Dick idk, were there I guess. Bruce was being Bruce and Bea was fine? Tis fake narrative of I cannot be Nightwing, but then immediately being Nightwing pulls it all down. Plus it's before BM #100 but Dick has the issue and ahhhhh, continuity! KGBeast is kinda bland, dunno how other arcs handled him? Makes no sense that he takes Bea hostage. Not sure what to think of the Alfred narration, especially because Dick morns Alfred but doesn't even say a word about Damian. Won't be buying the next issue that's for sure.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Titans scene is before #100, but everything with him actually in the Nightwing suit should be after.

As for KGBeast, you're right - honestly, they could do worse than to apply some of Arrow's characterisation of Anatoly onto him.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Please buy it , we need to tick nightwing sales back up now that Dick is back. Bea needs to vanish into the abyss, they cant kill her due to the political climate but she needs to go
    If they gave a crap about the books sales then the first thing they do with Nightwing on his return shouldn’t have been to let Ric’s writer try and tell people how he’s the same character people have been rejecting, and showed little interest in reading about these last 2 years. It’s brain dead stupid the mentality on this book and the unfortunate reality of how they are operating with this book is that the books sales are probably doomed.
    They let Jurgens waste the return on his way out, and a new creative team just isn’t going to be enough to rebound the book’s sales. Not unless its a big name team, which is never going to happen. I know people were banking on a line-wide relaunch to save the character, but as we know that’s not happening. So Dick is kind of screwed. Wasting this return like they are is going to more more harmful then people thought.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-21-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Please buy it , we need to tick nightwing sales back up now that Dick is back. Bea needs to vanish into the abyss, they cant kill her due to the political climate but she needs to go
    As happy as I am that Dick is back, I won't buy a sh*t product just for the sake of supporting the IP. We do that, and all we're telling DC is that we'll swallow any amount of crap they shove at us, so long as Dick's called Dick and is wearing the right costume.

Rather than buy a subpar product like #75, what we should do (and what we should've been doing over the past two years) is buy trades of older material (Year One) and OGN's like Lost Carnival, buying t-shirts, toys, magnets, any merchandise at all, and sending (polite but unsatisfied) messages to DC's social media pages. We need to support the character in a way that doesn't reward DC for halfassed effort.

We should also go out of our way to buy the upcoming Nightwing products with a different writer. We need to show DC that we're willing to give the book a chance, and that we'll stand by it if it's worth reading. So those Future State issues? Grab them. Even if you're not familiar with the writer or you don't like the sound of the story, get that first issue to show DC you're willing to give Nightwing a shot under different creators. If the first issue doesn't work for you, don't get the second, but show DC you're willing to try it. Same with Snyder's mini, the current JL arc, etc. We need to show DC that they can make good money off this character, but that we won't accept bottom-of-the-barrel creators. We need to show DC we will support Nightwing, but that we won't support more crap stories like Ric.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

What's in store for Nightwing after Future State?

We know Snyder's backing off the mainline DCU but is working on a Nightwing thing which is nice. We don't have an artist for that I don't think but I'm curious who anybody would want to see on art detail for that. I think Jock could be good because of the full circle with Black Mirror. Same for Francisco Francavilla. But their styles don't scream Nightwing as much as Batman, and I tend to like Jock more on one-off issues, not for whole runs. Capullo's probably moving onto a different project. Mikel Janin's doing that Wonder Woman jam.

So I'm curious who anyone might like to see.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Yea I'm not investing in nightwing until dc invest in nightwing. I'm done with Batman lite, I'm done with Batman sidekick, I'm done with nightwing being some irrelevant side character who's only relevant when Batman needs fodder or the batfamily needs hugs.

Until Nightwing truly becomes his own man and dc decides to invest in that I'm not buying no nightwing comics. DC what's my money than earn it.

I still want nightwing out of the bat office and books, there overcrowded and dick his independence more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

We know Snyder's backing off the mainline DCU but is working on a Nightwing thing which is nice. We don't have an artist for that I don't think but I'm curious who anybody would want to see on art detail for that. I think Jock could be good because of the full circle with Black Mirror. Same for Francisco Francavilla. But their styles don't scream Nightwing as much as Batman, and I tend to like Jock more on one-off issues, not for whole runs. Capullo's probably moving onto a different project. Mikel Janin's doing that Wonder Woman jam.

If you what to know what story's are coming up for nightwing, well let's take a look.

Gotham knights:Batman is gone nightwing protects Batman's city.

Synder's black label: Batman is gone nightwing protects batman's city.

Future state: Batman is gone nightwing protects Batman's city.

So the same as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

Chris Samnee.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jock is my first choice too, but depend on what kind of story, if it's still horror-detective, maybe aside from Jock, Lee Weeks?
    If it's futuristic sci-fi because of the Parabola system, my first choice is Capullo, then depending on how sci-fi it is, Rocafort, but I don't think Rocafort fits Batman, he's too sci-fi.

Given the homage they did to Black Mirror in The Batman Who Laughs, its gotta be Jock. If he's returning to finish up from that era its gotta be Jock or maybe McCarthy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

We also have the Titans. Dick is in that one. He and the main titans had a academy but Red X destroyed everything. Yea it’s not like Tim or Babs can’t take care of Gotham.

Teen Titans. im not expecting much from that to be honest.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

It's baffling how backwards DC's priorities are. Why are they so insistent on crippling good characters who have proven audiences and have been profitable up to date?

I understand taking a risk and diversifying but why don't they ever go for the everyone thrives mentality? They must know that these decisions are hurting their IP's. This Dick was better as Ric, Damian is a Suicide Bomber, Tim is Robin again, Babs is Oracle without the empowering and positive rep.
    Luke is a 2 month filler not Batman rather than promoting his own identity of Batwing.

DC is just a mess and their comics are no longer fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Chris Samnee.
    I'd love that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It's baffling how backwards DC's priorities are. Why are they so insistent on crippling good characters who have proven audiences and have been profitable up to date?

I understand taking a risk and diversifying but why don't they ever go for the everyone thrives mentality? They must know that these decisions are hurting their IP's. This Dick was better as Ric, Damian is a Suicide Bomber, Tim is Robin again, Babs is Oracle without the empowering and positive rep.
    Luke is a 2 month filler not Batman rather than promoting his own identity of Batwing.

DC is just a mess and their comics are no longer fun.
    All of this is still DiDio legacy, I hope after Future State DC is going to leave that behind and start again. Williamson's JL is one step in he right direction, Snyder's Blank Label can be the second. Still waiting for Tomasi: he said his Det. Com. run was going to have a lot of Damian and Dick.

Also, I've heard rumors about Timothy Fox being next Batman, insted of Luke. I don't even know who he is.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    All of this is still DiDio legacy, I hope after Future State DC is going to leave that behind and start again. Williamson's JL is one step in he right direction, Snyder's Blank Label can be the second. Still waiting for Tomasi: he said his Det. Com. run was going to have a lot of Damian and Dick.

Also, I've heard rumors about Timothy Fox being next Batman, insted of Luke. I don't even know who he is.
    I suspected as much. When Father and Son is fighting, they'll stop when Mom is kidnapped by Evil Dad

Older son of Lucius Fox from like 2 continuities ago