Page 186 of 233 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3481
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    With Dick looking around his 30s or 40s? I don't think it's going to be further than 15 years into the future.
    It depends on the books.

There are books which are only 10 years in the future, but others are a lot more years (like Wonder Woman Inmortal).

In the case of Dick, it is possible Nightwing's Future State and Teen Titans's Future State have years between them.

Extraordinary Member

Weather or not the future state story interests you, this looking to be a good turn for the character. We got his memories and Identity back and his book is not being cut.

Leaked News on titans explains that Dick is will be getting closer to his comic personality, lighthearted and trusting. His suit is being modified to allow more acrobatic stunt work, so I expect great live action shots

Hopefully he returns in full force in Young Justice season 4

Finally we have his leading role in Gotham Knights to look forward Thats 4 big projects 2 of which have a chance hit the mainstream hard if we need to be supportive of him in mediums to keep him off WarnerMedia chopping block

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't get why Dick didn't pick up the cowl again, assuming everyone thinks that Gotham needs Batman (and in this case it seems so). Who is better suited?
    Because there is already a new Batman. Plus wouldn't it be too easy for Dick to want to be Batman again?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Because there is already a new Batman. Plus wouldn't it be too easy for Dick to want to be Batman again?
    There's only a new Batman because DC made it so, I mean there are four protégé's in line. Besides, Bruce is still running around.

It's not about what's easy, but about what makes sense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing variant cover by Nicola Scott.
    https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...459457/photo/1

This suit looks like a few well-aimed Batarangs will take the armor part off
    Though considering how often he moves, make it very well-aimed

There's only a new Batman because DC made it so, I mean there are four protégé's in line. Besides, Bruce is still running around.

Dick has Bludhaven and Titans. This isn't even supposed to be his business except that Gotham is still his home. So he'll come back late and the Magistrate will probably have already secured the Manor and the cave. Luke will get to the costume faster if Lucius keeps the newest prototype. That makes sense.

Future State? Tim back as Robin, Steph and Cass back as Batgirls, Nightwing jobbing. LoL, ya "future”...

But Dick only became Batman a few times when Bruce was missing or something happened to Bruce. That’s the reason he became Nightwing to not be Batman. That what become more like Bruce. Why shouldn’t he be Nightwing still? If he doesn’t want the cowl or wants to live his own life as Nightwing why not?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-16-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But Dick only became Batman a few times when Bruce was missing or something happened to Bruce. That’s the reason he became Nightwing to not be Batman. That what become more like Bruce. Why shouldn’t he be Nightwing still?
    Bruce is missing and something happened to him, Dick could fill the shoes of Batman in this story.
    The only reason Dick isn't Batman is because DC want someone new with the cowl, and that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Future State? Tim back as Robin, Steph and Cass back as Batgirls, Nightwing jobbing. LoL, ya "future”...
    They're not actually going by Batgirl, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're not actually going by Batgirl, though.
    It is weird, because Cassandra and Stephanie are called Batgirls, but they still have Orphan and Spoiler as alias.

Maybe they need the independent alias to avoid confusion when they work together (?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Weather or not the future state story interests you, this looking to be a good turn for the character. We got his memories and Identity back and his book is not being cut.
    Do we have confirmation that his book is going to survive beyond this two month break?

I agree with you though, things are looking (tentatively) up; solid larger media showings and in comics he's back to his old self and is among the few characters getting actual a solo in Future State. I think he and Harley are the only non-Leaguers getting that? And odds are Snyder's mini will still happen too, which is good.

My only points of concern right now are: 1: will his solo survive beyond Future State? 2: will we keep getting crap creators if it does? 3: will DC keep forcing Dick into the sidekick role, or let him spread his wings again?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Bruce is missing and something happened to him, Dick could fill the shoes of Batman in this story.
    The only reason Dick isn't Batman is because DC want someone new with the cowl, and that's fair.
    Yep, this is basically all that I'm saying. If he's not gonna take up the cowl, why isn't he running point? Instead a new Batman takes charge?

To be fair, maybe there'll be adequate explanations in the books, but I don't know.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

You could also add why isn't Dick leading the JL in the future if Batman and the rest of the main league members are gone? I mean having an inexperienced new Batman run around Gotham is one thing, but at the same time having them run the JL when they might have no experience in doing anything like that is a bit much. But they wanted a whole new JL team, so it is what it is.

Last edited by Lazurus33; 10-16-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Note to the artist - Cyborg's Titans status is back in continuity. So why does that photo show Speedy (who was an original Teen Titan but NOT a New Teen Titan) instead of Victor?

Also, Garth, the Titans aren't currently based at the Tower, the New Justice Titans team was based at the Hall of Justice and Damian's team was using Mercy Hall.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-16-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman