Page 129 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3481

Bring back Amy i guess. Though I think they should relook at that entirely. Can’t just recreate how it works in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What do you guys about Artemis crock as nightwing partner or semi partner. People always say dick works best with a partner and she's popular with no real connections to other characters or franchises. Plus I like there dynamic in yj. What you guys think.
    You know, that's not a bad choice at all. Like, it's probably one of the best suggestions I've seen here.

I'm assuming you'd want to just transplate the basic Young Justice set up right? Daughter of Sportsmaster and sister to Jade and all that? I tell you what, I'd support it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if anything wouldn't DeathStorke want to go after Dick more than the Titans?
    Slade and Dick seem to have a weird dynamic now don't they? They hate each other, and Slade would kill Dick if he got an honest chance, but Dick has been good to Rose. Better than Slade has been. So there's a weird kind of....I don't want to say bond....but I feel like they have a certain kind of understanding. Or maybe that's all in my head, I don't know if I even recall the last time I saw them interact.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This is why in a sense I often thought Deathstroke would kind of work as a rogue villain. Sure he is a hitman for hire but he also has a grudge with Dick. In many ways, he hates and respects Dick. Now the thing is Rose seems to be on better terms with her dad in the comics. But maybe like Damian, she feels more comfortable with Dick. In a weird way, Dick seems to be the father figure to many of the younger kids. Especially in his family. Would Zatanna work has a supporting cast? Going back with Haley Circus she and Dick sometimes meet? I think Bludhaven works best if it's more entertainment. You the city trying to be the Hollywood city.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know, that's not a bad choice at all. Like, it's probably one of the best suggestions I've seen here.

I'm assuming you'd want to just transplate the basic Young Justice set up right? Daughter of Sportsmaster and sister to Jade and all that? I tell you what, I'd support it.

Slade and Dick seem to have a weird dynamic now don't they? They hate each other, and Slade would kill Dick if he got an honest chance, but Dick has been good to Rose. Better than Slade has been. So there's a weird kind of....I don't want to say bond....but I feel like they have a certain kind of understanding. Or maybe that's all in my head, I don't know if I even recall the last time I saw them interact.
    I like that kind of complex relationship

Amazing Member

Sorry to interrupt the current conversation, but is it worth jumping back into Nightwing again? Is Ric finally done? Was #72 serviceable at least?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the current conversation, but is it worth jumping back into Nightwing again? Is Ric finally done? Was #72 serviceable at least?
    Personally I find Nightwing #72 is incredibly frustating. If you are following Joker war, I suggest you to read it. But if you want to only read Dick comeback only, best if you wait for another month at least. You just need to know that Dick is being brainwashed by Joker. The rest isn't really important

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Personally I find Nightwing #72 is incredibly frustating. If you are following Joker war, I suggest you to read it. But if you want to only read Dick comeback only, best if you wait for another month at least. You just need to know that Dick is being brainwashed by Joker. The rest isn't really important
    Okay, thanks. I actually stopped reading comics altogether several months ago and even then was only reading a few books. I'm definitely not following Joker War so thanks for the heads up. I'll wait until the conclusion of that event.

If you're waiting for Dick's triumphant return as Nightwing, it looks like issue 75 is what you want to pick up. Or, actually, some issue of Batman is where Dick will officially put the suit back on, but Nightwing 75 seems to be the first issue of Dick's own book where he's back.

But it's still written by Jurgens, so I don't think you should expect a quality comic.

We've got a few months between now and 75's release, I'd just keep your ear to the ground. If it turns out we're getting a better creative team after 75 it might be more enjoyable to just wait that extra month; I'm sure 75 will be dealing with plenty of loose ends from the Ric era that most of us would rather just forget as soon as possible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If you're waiting for Dick's triumphant return as Nightwing, it looks like issue 75 is what you want to pick up. Or, actually, some issue of Batman is where Dick will officially put the suit back on, but Nightwing 75 seems to be the first issue of Dick's own book where he's back.

But it's still written by Jurgens, so I don't think you should expect a quality comic.

We've got a few months between now and 75's release, I'd just keep your ear to the ground. If it turns out we're getting a better creative team after 75 it might be more enjoyable to just wait that extra month; I'm sure 75 will be dealing with plenty of loose ends from the Ric era that most of us would rather just forget as soon as possible.
    Damn, that sucks that we're not getting a new creative team after Joker War. Thanks for the detailed info.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like that kind of complex relationship
    Me too. In a sense out of all the titans. Slade always sense to focus on Dick more. Shouldn’t this be focused on more. Like it’s not just the fact Rose respects Dick more but maybe other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    Damn, that sucks that we're not getting a new creative team after Joker War. Thanks for the detailed info.
    Whoops, let me clarify.

Nightwing 75, the issue when Dick is supposed to return as Nightwing, is still written by Jurgens. After that we don't know yet if Jurgens will stay on the book or if new creators will come in.

Jurgens might be out as of issue 76 or he might stick around longer; we haven't gotten any kind of word that I know of about that.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jurgens will stick around until DC does a relaunch at the end of Metal 2, but that's just guesswork.

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

In reference to the previous discussion...I liked Dick’s interactions with Jesse Quick. She’ll always be a Flash character, but there enough of these young heroes around that Dick could truly be in the mentoring business.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I didn't listen to it, but Jurgens did a interview on the word balloon podcast yesterday. According to someone on reddit, he's writing a few more Nightwing issues after 75 but hinted there are plans DC will announce soon regarding the books future.

Sounds like he will get placed whenever DC announces their upcoming relaunch, still predicting Williamson takes over.

Smart move by DC, keep Jurgens on just long enough to kill any momentum bringing him back might actually have.

2 years wasting away as Ric as they accomplish absolutely nothing with the idea, thanks to their reliance on boring out of date creators and an inability to actually put something together. Now the one thing this direction possibly has going for it, Dick’s return, is going to be wasted just long enough to insure no one gives a ****. It’s funny though, 5G was the original plan. Which I doubt Dick had much of a part in. So I can only imagine what they original return and send off Dick was going to get.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-22-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Smart move by DC, keep Jurgens on just long enough to kill any momentum bringing him back might actually have.

2 years wasting away as Ric as they accomplish absolutely nothing with the idea, thanks to their reliance on boring out of date creators and an inability to actually put something together. Now the one thing this direction possibly has going for it, Dick’s return, is going to be wasted just long enough to insure no one gives a ****. It’s funny though, 5G was the original plan. Which I doubt Dick had much of a part in. So I can only imagine what they original return and send off Dick was going to get.
    Ehh, Jurgens had been forced to write Ric for a year, I'm glad he at least gets to write a few issues of the character. I don't think any momentum will be killed. Especially if we get the new creative team for the relaunch by the time Dick actually comes back.