Page 36 of 233 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

So should he be a spy or Nightwing? There seems to be a slight divide.

Also if Nightwing were to ever have an animated movie about him or ******action movie would it ever work?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why not Dick as a spy and then doubling as Nightwing working the same cases. Similar to how Daredevil works the same cases Matt Murdock does.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Diana is literal a call away. So they are really only using it for plot reasons. They really don’t want to cut this storyline short. When Ric ends. Will we even get a good Nightwing story. Before Ric did he have good stories?
    It's rare that I like a story and issue completely so most of this will be a list of moments

The... I forget which... Titans issue where Superman drops in to supervise the Titans and Nightwing had to explain that they need to be independent.
    The Geoff Johns Teen Titans issue (#6) where he calls out the League and Titans for fighting like kids.
    New 52 Nightwing #18-19 about rejecting his Talon heritage as he's not bound by destiny.
    I think he did the same thing to Raptor about heritage in Better Than Batman so that too.
    New 52 Batman and Robin, where Damian demand fighting all the previous Robin and take their weapons to prove himself but Nightwing just hands over his stick saying he's already Robin.
    Any time where he or the story declares that he's not defined by tragedy.
    Any moments where he acts the big brother, natural leader, or voice of reason.
    The Aftermath of Nightwing and Robin Must Die where he talks with Damian about missing each other.
    The one-shot where he goes all KillBill (without the killing) on the yakuza who kidnapped Damian.

Also if Nightwing were to ever have an animated movie about him or ******action movie would it ever work?
    If the choice is between Nightwing and spy I'm gonna still say Nightwing since his spy identity is a generic number and his own name. Other than that, I want a new identity since, even if Nightwing was initially created to be different than Batfam, he ended up being folded to the Batfam anyway, and casual people will think that Nightwing is between Robin and Batman.
    That said, as long as that's how DC views him and his brand, it doesn't matter what identity he takes.

So I guess I'm gonna take secret agent after all since it's a stand out the position within the fam and DCU, as the only other secret agents are characters like Julia Pennyworth, supporting characters people often forget, or Max Lord, a villain.

Anything can be make work if they want.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-18-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Sadly with how DC treats him, it wouldn't matter. They can might Nightwing work if they don't make him that much involved in the Batfam. He should be called if it's serious not every time. That he has his own rogues gallery I mean who are his top rogues? Are there any rogues you would like to see created?

Incredible Member

Most fans want Nightwing independent of Batman. I agree... but I really want Dick and Bruce to stay close. Their radio interaction during the early Grayson stories seemed touching, and true. There’s no reason they can’t meet regularly for dinner, or coffee, and get a little advice from each other, but stay independent crime fighters. They are brothers, and should act that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah, I feel like there’s a difference between a good when it comes to comics and most media. The fact that there is a comic that gets a 9.0 average on comic book roundup tells you all you need to know about the standards of the medium.

All of the stories you listed are enjoyable, but nothing to write home about. If you aren’t a fan of the character, they aren’t worth reading. Which is my criteria of good.

It does give a slight bias towards beginner friendly stories like Year One, but that truly is more memorable than anything else.

And I strongly agree that most of his best stuff is when he isn’t Nightwing. Those are all great stories.
    I think its important to judge a story/medium by what its trying to do. I consider a comic good when it does what superhero comics should do, which is just that: be enjoyable. Great, to me, is when something stands out above the rest and becomes a must read. The same is true in movies and TV shows. Superstore is good, not great. Parks and Rec is great.

por que no los dos? Nightwing can be problematic sometimes though, because his stories need to feel different than Batman/Bruce stories. Thats something that not to many people have managed. I think Morrison handled that best with Dick's batman taking on a weird silverage tone.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Most fans want Nightwing independent of Batman. I agree... but I really want Dick and Bruce to stay close. Their radio interaction during the early Grayson stories seemed touching, and true. There’s no reason they can’t meet regularly for dinner, or coffee, and get a little advice from each other, but stay independent crime fighters. They are brothers, and should act that way.
    Independent here doesn't mean he stops contacting them but how DC treats him. Stop interrupting or canceling his story to serve Batman's story. Stop considering him only as a supporting cast to Batman. Not just sidekick but every member of the Batfam who headline their own book because they're already a main character of their own story. Crossovers are fine as long as they keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-18-2020 at 02:50 PM.

I mean if figure what makes Dick different from Batman. So his city Bludhaven yea would be corrupted but maybe not always in the same way as Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post

This is true but I mean how often they at times how Bruce in his stories. Or how often he appears in there. I have no issue. I rather have him be able to handle himself and when he and Bruce or the other Batfam get together it's almost to hangout or have dinner. It shouldn't always be to lessen Nightwing. I'm just saying when Nightwing is in Batman's story it should mean things are very serious. That they need everyone.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-18-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    It is clear though, that most of Dick's great stories were told with him not as a solo Nightwing. Dark Mirror, Batman & Robin, and Grayson all shine out above his Nightwing stuff. Even Robin Year One, IMO, is better than most of his solo title stuff.
    And a lot of his best stuff is one-and-done issues too, that don't stick in the memory as easily as a big crazy six issue arc. The issue Seeley did with Superman showing up, Rebirth 9 or something, was a damn solid issue. Percy's three issue "motorcycle death race" was also really damn good. But that's only three issues, not a whole trade.

And of course, Dick's had great moments in other books like Titans, Robin (I used to love his guest appearances in Tim's book), etc., as well as Batman's books.

I think Nightwing has better moments in larger media than he typically has in comics too. It's rare that Nightwing *doesnt* steal every scene he's in on Young Justice, for example.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

The problem isn’t Nightwing. The problem is the entire Nightwing solo was written by Chuck Dixon, a guy who wanted to forget all his connections and friends outside the batfam, and Devin Grayson who drove him into the ground, and Tomasi who came to it just before Batman died and Dick has to step in as Batman for his father and family. There’s nothing stopping Nightwing from being a great mantle aside from very glaring ugly agendas that DC had for it. Good stories with him as Robin or Batman could have been told the same as Nightwing, maybe aside from Black Mirror.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 02-18-2020 at 06:18 PM.

in my mind dick should be a spy but as nightwing.

That should be his niche his corner that he can build and grow in. I believe nightwing needs to leave the city hero thing behind him (it makes him to similar to batman) and become a traveling hero. Young justice outsiders did nightwing right, he's still nightwing the superhero but his missions are globetrotting superhero spy missions.

Dick as nightwing should be DC's lead superhero spy. His solo should nightwing globetrotting around the dcu with regular team ups with others heroes.

Nightwing could make his own strike team with his supporting cast, a new spyral made to stop meta human trafficking ect. But dick as nightwing should be the spy.

Just copy young justice outsiders nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Just copy young justice outsiders nightwing.
    Damn straight.

If I were a billionaire I'd pay DC a ton of money to pay Greg Weisman a ton of money to write Dick's solo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean I wouldn't mind if he had his own City. I mean the majority of heroes have their own Cities to protected. Now in a way, there is a way for him to have his own city and be a global hero. In terms of a job he could be a PI. Who handles unusual cases. Around the world. You never know where this will take you. I mean what if Bludhaven doesn't have that much crime in it. Rather they send it elsewhere. To make Bludhaven more marketable. Sure there are gangs and mob bosses. But things like HUman tracking and other things are hidden and send off overseas.

That way the city isn't Gotham more like Metropolis. Nice clear city on the outside. On the inside, it can be dangerous.

I get you but one of the main problems with dick having a city is that unlike other heros nightwing has to not be too similar to another character, a character that has the biggest most famous city in all of comics.

Dick has to got to a point where people don't feel like if there's batman that what's the point of nightwing. That one of dick's biggest problems nightwing is to similar to batman.

Nightwing can't just be Jr batman and expect dc to care about him. Have nightwing be global and social is a key way of having them be not so similar.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

And with a shiny new MacGuffin introduced, the end of Ric is in sight.

Just Joker War to get through...farewell 4 Nightwings, there are some crowbars with your names on them
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God