Page 47 of 233 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Also, on the returned topic of love interests? The only correct answer is Power Girl.
    Has Dick ever interacted with Power Girl?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    read power girl #16 & 17

I'm curious I have seen this every now and then that Tim overall beats Dick in skills. What do you guys think about that? I mean in terms skill who really is better? Honestly, I feel that they are equal. It's more Dick as the experience. Also, I get writers who don't want to get tied down. But ever so often I feel a little they should. I feel Nightwing suffers from at times what Wonder Woman goes through. She isn't right now. But for many runs, they just like to restart her or just make changes that don't need to be done. They don't do anything new.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-26-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    read power girl #16 & 17
    Is that it? In his whole 80 year history? Plus she tend be active on earth alternate to any with a supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that it? In his whole 80 year history? Plus she tend be active on earth alternate to any with a supergirl
    She and the other JSA members helped Dick move into his NYC apartment I think in Tomasi's run, but I don't think she had any dialogue with him. The two have barely interacted. They just operate in different parts of the DUC.

Incredible Member

Since the JLA refuse to do the obvious thing, I hope Dick joins the JSA

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Not a ton. On top of what others already mentioned, they worked together in the pre-52 Justice League a bit too.

They haven't interacted much at all. Yet. That's pretty easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious I have seen this every now and then that Tim overall beats Dick in skills. What do you guys think about that?
    Who says that?

I think Tim's better at *some* stuff. He's a better detective and better with technology. I don't like the hyper genius he was in the New52 and Rebirth but he's always been the "smart" Robin. But Tim's most certainly not as good an athlete or fighter, he's not close to being as good a leader. He's not nearly as good with women.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I'd say Dick's the best athlete among the Robins, Jason's the best with firearms, Tim's the best detective and technology expert (among the Robins - Babs definitely has him beat on the tech but he's good enough that it was a long time before he even interacted with Oracle), and Damian's the best with melee weapons. Nobody's got top marks on everything.

Puppets, an 8-page story Nightwing story written by Steve Orlando with art by Tom Lyle

As a child, Dick Grayson saw his world come crashing down when his parents were killed by mobster Tony Zucco. Now Zucco's son has been kidnapped by the Ventriloquist, and Nightwing is his only chance to make it home alive. Dick must make a choice: How far is he willing to go to save the son of the man he hates most?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...henry-flash-4/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'd say Dick's the best athlete among the Robins, Jason's the best with firearms, Tim's the best detective and technology expert (among the Robins - Babs definitely has him beat on the tech but he's good enough that it was a long time before he even interacted with Oracle), and Damian's the best with melee weapons. Nobody's got top marks on everything.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...henry-flash-4/
    Dick dated Zucco's daughter once so that's not even a question, but this story is more for casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that it? In his whole 80 year history? Plus she tends to be active on earth alternate to any with a supergirl
    Pre-Crisis, they're both members of... was it JSA or JLA? JSA I think. The Earth-2 one.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-27-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think firearms and melee weapons are really defining skills for Jason and Damian.

Jason isn't Deadshot, he wasn't even carrying pistols in a lot of issues since the costume redesign, and during Under the Red Hood his main weapon was his Knife and not his pistols.

Damians iirc also not used swords in quite some time.

And Dick has also shown to be quite good with guns and sword on several occasions.

I’m curious to how often should Nightwing appear in Batfam comics? We might now stop writers from having him appear but how often would help

I don't care if Dick shows up in Batman comics. I'm glad when he does. That's good exposure, though if we're being honest most people reading Batman are aware of Nightwing and a cameo isn't likely to draw many readers to Dick's book if they're not there already. But still, I'm cool with Dick hanging with the Bat family. That's *his* family too. I just don't want Dick treated like a sidekick, and I don't want his solo book under the heel of another title. Not Batman's, or Superman's, or the Titan's, or anyone. Dick should be his own man. But he can still go home to visit.

Personally I tend to like the "civilian clothes" appearances more than the superhero team up's. It's always nice to see Dick kick ass with Bruce, but I tend to value the times they just hang out, in real people clothes, and we get a real look at them and their dynamic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

In the Batman comics is he at least written well. Also I hope with Dido gone they speed up Dick coming check. You literally have many choices for him. Diana could heal Dick quickly.

Also has Dick gotten the name Nightwing from Clark or it’s something else.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-28-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Dick did get it from Clark. He was inspired by the legends that Superman had told him about.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, the story of the Flamebird and Nightwing is part of Kryptonian Rao myth. The Flamebird, a deity of death and rebirth, was married to Vohc, a god of creation. He'd build things, and the Flamebird would burn them all down to be remade. He got to keep inventing and building new things, pushing his creativity, while she got to burn stuff. It worked. For a time.

At one point, Vohc introduced his friend Nightwing (a god who hunted in the shadows for evil that sun god Rao couldn't find) to Flamebird, and the two began an affair. Vohc builds a new thing, a testament to his love of Flamebird. Rohc begs her not to destroy this one thing he's made. But, because it's her role, purpose, and job, she does anyway, despite truly loving the monument. Between this and the affair Rohc loses his mind, and goes from being the "builder" to the "breaker" and I *think* he kills the Nightwing (or the Flamebird, or both?) thus setting the Nightwing and Flamebird on an eternal cycle of rebirth much like Hawkman and Hawkgirl's; they must find each other over and over again only to be betrayed by a friend.

Clark told all of this to Dick, along with other stories and things from Krypton, when Dick was still a kid. This is back when Robin actually hung out with Superman a fair bit, even without Bruce around. So when Dick decides to build his own heroic identity, he takes the name Nightwing from that story.

~ Black Panther.