Page 52 of 233 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Agent wing nightwing! Nightwing being checkmates top agent their captain America could be awesome. Hell they are ready had tiger in event leviathan and now dr.netz in leviathan dawn. Get the grayson gang back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To put Ric into perspective, sales weren't good to begin with on the title at the time. So that sales remain steady at those lows is indicative to a negative reaction. The goal was to get the book off its floor with the stunt. Not flat line them at those lows. Also remember books are ordered months in advanced, and no one knew what they were doing with Nightwing beyond rumors as leaks as they kept it under wraps for the Batman issue. So we wouldn't see an immediate drop.
    Ah that's true, I forgot the sales were low before Ric started.

But my point still stands; what we say on the forums isn't always a good metric for the entire community. We're worth paying some attention to; we're the most zealous of the fanbase, to spend our time posting on forums. But we shouldn't be what DC bases decisions on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Unless your in the trinity, everyone is a sidekick to batman tho
    Even the rest of the Trinity is Batman's sidekick.

If anything positive comes from the upheaval in DC, I'm hoping its the realization that although Batman is their biggest money maker, it's not the only profitable or viable IP and not everything and everyone has to bow down to the glory of the Batgod. Perhaps, if they put half as much effort into other characters as they do Batman, he wouldn't be their only reliable, top-end franchise. I don't worry about DC when a publisher gets fired or a company buys WB, but I do worry about what'll happen to them when Batman stops being popular.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If anything positive comes from the upheaval in DC, I'm hoping its the realization that although Batman is their biggest money maker, it's not the only profitable or viable IP and not everything and everyone has to bow down to the glory of the Batgod. Perhaps, if they put half as much effort into other characters as they do Batman, he wouldn't be their only reliable, top-end franchise. I don't worry about DC when a publisher gets fired or a company buys WB, but I do worry about what'll happen to them when Batman stops being popular.
    Agreed. Green Lantern is proof of that.

So I learned recently that DC, WB, and AT&T hired a woman named Lifford to oversee all things DC, with an eye towards cross-format synergy and using the comics as source material for adaptations.

What do we think this does for Dick's odds going forward?

There's not a ton from the comics worthy of larger media adaptation. Dick's had good stories but very few that're self contained enough to be easily translated. But he's popular in larger media, and the DCU app apparently uses him as their poster boy (from what subscribers have said here). Tons of appearances in games and cartoons.

Could this benefit Dick in the comics? If Lifford is looking at synergy and using the comics for media adaptations, what're the odds that Dick gets some attention in the comics to provide adaptable material for the larger media stuff, where he's already popular?

I've said in the past that all Dick needs is for someone at WB or AT&T to notice him and wonder why the comics suffer so badly when he's successful everywhere else. Could we be getting that now? Not that anything would happen immediately, but does anyone think we might be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon? Or am I just being foolishly hopeful?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It will depend on if the outside media influences the comics also. If it's just the comics with the influence than oh God. But if they can take the best things about nightwing from outside media and bring them in to the comics and build on it then nightwing can have a bright future.

We should avoid DC next animated movie.

JusticeLeagueDark: Apokalips War spoilers below

https://imgur.com/mqK7mq5

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Well, here's hoping that whatever comes next, it does a far better job. Some of the animated films have been interesting, even good. Others, I just passed over.

That's my question too. Jim Lee recently admitted that the comics are nothing more than an IP farm for larger media. And that's fine, honestly, that's good for us. That might even encourage the comics to improve their game, if they think there's a better chance of getting adapted.

But does the synergy flow both ways? Because if the larger media stuff Dick already has (like Young Justice and DCU Titans) starts to influence and improve his comics, which then get adapted into larger media, which then influence and improve the comics......that's a cycle I'd be happy to find ourselves in.

I mean, we're still talking about WB and DC. Mostly it's all the same people in charge (except Didio) who have marginalized Dick in print. So my hopes are not high. But....maybe....we have reason for a tiny, tiny bit of hope.

I'd feel a hell of a lot more hopeful if Harras had gotten kicked to the curb too. But still, maybe the end of these dark days isn't too far off......

~ Black Panther.

Dick getting killed or maimed in some story? I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Well not that shocked, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Tbf, the first act looks to be a bloodbath for better or worse. Expect a lot of gratuitous blood and gore to justify that R rating . Only survivors of the initial assault on Apokolips looks to be Clark, Damian, Lex, Constantine and Raven. But yeah, I don’t think Nightwing is being singled out, for what it’s worth.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-06-2020 at 09:15 PM.

I don't watch the movies, but it's JLD and New Gods. I'm imagining there might be some magic and/or mind f**kery involved too. That might actually be a hallucination, Evil Factory clone, illusion, who the hell knows.

Or, much more likely, it's a blood bath early on to show how dire things are and a whole ton of people, including Dick, are going to die.

Is that Superman with the beard and weird veins and green eyes? What the hell happened to him?

~ Black Panther.

Going by the trailer it looks like Constantine finds out about Flashpoint, Which is kinda cool, ending the dcamu saga where it began. So I’m guessing they’ll use time travel to bring everyone back. Seems like the kind of story maybe should have been a 2 parter.
    I’d be sad if this version of Dick is gone for good though. He was pretty solid, even if stuff like his stint as Batman and dynamic with Damian didn’t quite live up to the source material.
    I don't watch the movies, but it's JLD and New Gods. I'm imagining there might be some magic and/or mind f**kery involved too. That might actually be a hallucination, Evil Factory clone, illusion, who the hell knows.

Or, much more likely, it's a blood bath early on to show how dire things are and a whole ton of people, including Dick, are going to die.

Is that Superman with the beard and weird veins and green eyes? What the hell happened to him?
    I’m also wondering what happened to him. Kryptonite or something? Looks like he’ll be wearing Luthor’s armor.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-06-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Going by the trailer it looks like Constantine finds out about Flashpoint, Which is kinda cool, ending the dcamu saga where it began. So I’m guessing they’ll use time travel to bring everyone back. Seems like the kind of story maybe should have been a 2 parter.
    I’d be sad if this version of Dick is gone for good though. He was pretty solid.

I’m also wondering what happened to him. Kryptonite or something? Looks like he’ll be wearing Luthor’s armor.
    I'm thinking something along the lines of what happened to New52 Supes leading into Rebirth. But that's just speculation on my part.

At least Damian seems to care...

spoilers:
    Darkseid brands him with Kryptonite, so he doesn't have his powers.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

To be fair most everyone is dying the first act