Page 166 of 233 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This may just be for the anniversary but they just made Dick's classic cape bulletproof
    Attachment 100592
    Is that from DC #1027?

Yeah, it's from the preview for that issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I loved JL #53, while Batman #99 was underwhelming. Hope #100 will be better for Dick and the whole Batfam, I'm kinda tired of Harley.

Don’t expect much from Batman #99. In fact it’s insulting. Nightwing is not Batman’s to return to Dick. Nightwing’s return has been just nothing so far. They should have left him as Ric if this is all they could afford to do. I mean they dragged Ric on even longer for that. Ugh...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-15-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Don’t expect much from Batman #99. In fact it’s insulting. Nightwing is not Batman’s to return to Dick. Nightwing’s return has been just nothing so far. They should have left him as Ric if this is all they could afford to do.
    Yeah. As Robin or Batgirl, writers (and likely many fans) consider that Batman owns Nightwing identity too.

This is likely the worst case, since Nightwing identity wasn't created in Batman editorial.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh I'm taking it since it means I don't have to see him wear Discount Bucky costume and it's not like he can go back to Bludhaven to get his costume from the Nightwing Rangers

Also it's so Bruce to keep his kids old costumes or make new ones when they're not looking

I have to give Williamson a lot props for having the balls to take shots at Dick’s book.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-15-2020 at 06:45 AM.

I agree with Restingvoice.
    We've seen Babs giving "DickyBoy" the Nightwing suit, but that was taken by Joker. Dick has no more suit around, 'cause all was taken by the "Nightwings". Bruce, of course, has a new suit for each member of his family, so I don't find It a big deal.
    But I also agree with Godlike, this claimed "big return" was nothing. I hope #100 can change that.
    JL#53, instead, was exactly what I was waiting for.

Anyone giving Dick Nightwing back misses the point, and it not being a big deal just further misses the point. After 2 years of a Ric rejecting Nightwing, Dick reclaiming Nightwing should be a big deal. Instead it becomes just a uniform Batman gives one of his soldiers. From Talon’s bitch, to Joker’s bitch, to Batman’s bitch. It’s Dick just pulling a Nightwing suit out of his trunk in Titans Hunt all over again, but worse. It’s Batman pulling it out his ass and telling him to put it on. It’s something that should be a moment turned into nothing. And it not like they don’t know it cause the made the cover around it, yet given the issue itself it was like a cover for a different issue.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-15-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Didn't expect much from Batman #99 but also not that little. Underwhelming as always, and a near insult considering the cover. Not that covers say much these days and especially not when Dick is involved. Nightwing #74's cover was more compelling than the actuial issue too.

I agree, that they should have given him his identity back through the Owl story. It had better memory-regaining sequences, and would have felt more natural, instead Rick-Dick just had to be dragged into an event that does absoluetly nothing for him. Maybe #100 will be better, but why should it be? The only one apart from Bruce that matters is Harley.

As for JL #53: Kendra and Dick teaming up was great, and I have hopes that Dick will be allowed to shine for a bit. The dig at Ric I could have done without. If writers don't want to deal with the fallout, I applaud that but just leave it out. I don't get and don't need an explanation for Dick's sudden change of appearance, and neither do I don't need or want a Ric mention.

Thanks for saving my money, what a joke. Woulda been the first time I picked up a Bat-Book in months
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Anyone giving Dick Nightwing back misses the point, and it not being a big deal just further misses the point. After 2 years of a Ric rejecting Nightwing, Dick reclaiming Nightwing should be a big deal. Instead it becomes just a uniform Batman gives one of his soldiers. From Talon’s bitch, to Joker’s bitch, to Batman’s bitch. It’s Dick just pulling a Nightwing suit out of his trunk in Titans Hunt all over again, but worse. It’s Batman pulling it out his ass and telling him to put it on. It’s something that should be a moment turned into nothing. And it not like they don’t know it cause the made the cover around it, yet given the issue itself it was like a cover for a different issue.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, I was disapponted too. But, comparing with everything we had to suffer through two years, I'm fine with whatever way they want to bring him back. I don't care how Dick get his suit back, as long as he is back to himself and we can have good stories focused on Nightwing. That's why I think JL#53 is the step in the fight direction I was waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Didn't expect much from Batman #99 but also not that little. Underwhelming as always,
    Should've just said you wasn't whelmed.

(Young Justice reference)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm not sure what the current canon is anymore, but Dick became Nightwing because Bruce fried him from being Robin. That is the most recent one at least. So you can act like Dick became Nightwing on his own apart from Batman, but he didn't. Bruce firing him forced Dick to become Nightwing. So it all stems from Batman just like how Robin is now Batman's to control despite it being a deeply personal identity Dick created on his own. That is just how things are.

The JL #53 issue was a bit heavy on the "Wow, look at how great the JL is. I can't wait to be there one day" stuff, but I get it is the JL's book. Plus I am still horribly confused at how old Dick was when he became Robin if he first met the JL when he looked 16 or so. The dig at Ric was really nice though and made the issue. Hopefully Dick doesn't get treated as poorly like he did in the last Metal event. Where Dick gave up all hope, wanted to leave Bruce for dead, got punched by Damian in the face, and then did nothing for the rest of the event.

I think people are really overthinking Batman handing Dick a costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I agree, that they should have given him his identity back through the Owl story. It had better memory-regaining sequences, and would have felt more natural, instead Rick-Dick just had to be dragged into an event that does absoluetly nothing for him. Maybe #100 will be better, but why should it be? The only one apart from Bruce that matters is Harley.
    Let that sink in.