Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kate Kane: Batwoman Appreciation 2020

Last edited by Caivu; 12-31-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Her first appearance doesn't feature her in the cover so this is maybe her first cover?

MAY060154._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Mighty Member

Would anyone want Elseworlds comic that stars Batwoman? With, say, a different one that had made their debut a little before Batman? One who's in a Year One scenario and met up with the Dark Knight himself sooner rather than later?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Would anyone want Elseworlds comic that stars Batwoman? With, say, a different one that had made their debut a little before Batman? One who's in a Year One scenario and met up with the Dark Knight himself sooner rather than later?
    How would that work?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That'll be interesting. She just needs to be present at the same time as his return and have her already quit the military.

In New 52 she return to Gotham during Zero Year to attend uncle Philip's funeral and then get involved in something dangerous, but still out of costume.

This is one of my later pieces of fanart, but so far it's chronologically the earliest.

Kate Kane at R-Day at West Point, 6 AM on July 2, 2007. A frame from a video taken by Jacob.

r_day_2007_by_tbwmn_ddfw646-fullview.jpg

Happy New Year to Kate !

Here's a piece I wrote a while back and newly updated today, about reasonable inference and extrapolation of information in fiction, particularly comics. It uses the sparring scene from Batwoman: Rebirth #1 as its case study for how much can be learned from little.

https://batwomanandmotherpanic.tumbl...entioned-a-few

The TV adaptation has already made my favourite DC hero (sorry Flash, you're second now)! Can't wait to see how it develops as I haven't read the comics and only know a small amount of spoilers.

A "Drink N' Draw" collab piece:

DrinkNDraw.jpg

Zatanna by Jamal Campbell
    Black Canary by Te'Shawn Dwyer
    Batwoman by Matt Simas
    Stephanie Brown by Adam Gorham
    Cassandra Cain, colors, and background by Paris Alleyne
    Catwoman by Megan Huang
    Barbara Gordon by Jahnoy Lindsay
    Huntress by Jason Loo

Here's "Scratchings," my Batwoman-related anthology story that tries to fill in holes in the canon (staying compliant with it, of course):

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17...pters/48928193

A Kate/Maggie story is going to be part of the Crimes of Passion special soon, which I have mixed feelings about. I don't like the muddying of the waters going on there, even if it's probably not canon.

Long Live Batwoman!

I'm pretty pleased with the TV show. I first became a fan after reading the collected 'Elegy'. I was aware of her and the general premise, but was not reading DC or very often. (Marvel man, pretty much). But that changed. A lot of it is just Kate is such a complete, coherent character. An incredible back story and I really liked how they kept her cousin-ness to Bruce off the page for years (I still have some grumbles, or, umm, better ideas).

At any rate, I would have to be honest and admit that her cousin Bette, aka Flamebird, was also a part of my attraction and fondness for this title. for some reason the young lady who may or may not (continuity, canon, etc) be the actual first "Bat-girl" before Babs Gordon, is just icing on the cake. I remember those very early stories!

Yes, that coherency you mention is a major strength of the character. For a Big Two character, Kate has had a very high degree of consistency for the decade-plus she's existed, even down to small things, and that's not something to be taken for granted.