Page 224 of 233 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3481
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's a similar composition as his Nightwing Year One Deluxe Edition, where he covers his cover with a confident smile and the title at the bottom, which made me at first doubt if that is his logo because it looks like a special cover or announcement poster
    It's almost as if cool, charismatic and confidant was the best take for Dick all along.

Just give him some dad joke zingers that are equal parts awful and funny and you have quintessential Dick Grayson.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's almost as if cool, charismatic and confidant was the best take for Dick all along.

Just give him some dad joke zingers that are equal parts awful and funny and you have quintessential Dick Grayson.
    Omigosh if anyone thinks Dick is bad at puns wait till he reaches dad jokes. He'll be insufferable, especially if the kid's Damian.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Was that Batman Annual the Alfred story? I do remember really liking that.
    That's the one, Father's Day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    That's the one, Father's Day.
    Ah, thanks - yeah, liked that a lot. One of the ones where I went back to check who'd written it when I'd finished, just to make a note.

Snyder's said on Twitter today, btw, that he still has "a couple" of DC projects for next year in among his stepping-back and focus on Creator Owned stuff - so Nightwing: Parabola is hopefully still a go.

Extraordinary Member

I hope
    Red x can work under Dick enough to make a transition from titans to Bat character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I hope
    Red x can work under Dick enough to make a transition from titans to Bat character.
    I'm really curious about Teen Titans Academy... The solicit confirms what we knew (with bonus Shazam) - NTT training new characters, one of whom will become Red X.

Have we talked about how to square this with the Justice League variant cover, where there's a team of Nightwing, Donna, Beast Boy and the remainder of the recently finished Teen Titans book?

https://twitter.com/TBonvillain/stat...32483173134337

My guess is either the "who turns out to be Red X" story is only the one arc, and that sees the rest of the new characters written out by the end... Or there's a second Titans title coming?

Astonishing Member

Also, I'm catching up after having been out of the loop for a bit - still not feeling Tynion's "Batman" run, but #104 delivering it's Ghost Maker exposition through Dick via Robin flashbacks (original costume!) and Spyral references was appreciated. Along with the casual suggestion that all of Bruce's "never talks to a living soul about this" secrets have an "except for Dick" qualifier - and that Dick will do his own follow-up on things like that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Omigosh if anyone thinks Dick is bad at puns wait till he reaches dad jokes. He'll be insufferable, especially if the kid's Damian.
    Alongside Peter Parker, I would argue Dick's always been making dad jokes. :P

It's part of the charm, really. Dad jokes can still be funny, even if they're groaners.

Astonishing Member

Ah, thanks - yeah, liked that a lot. One of the ones where I went back to check who'd written it when I'd finished, just to make a note.

Snyder's said on Twitter today, btw, that he still has "a couple" of DC projects for next year in among his stepping-back and focus on Creator Owned stuff - so Nightwing: Parabola is hopefully still a go.
    You're welcome. I did the same as you. Great story.

If Parabola comes out in 2021 too that would be amazing. But it probably makes sense for there to be some time between FS and Parabola because they have a similar premise.

I still don't know what to think of TTA. That being said there is potential to establish new meaningful relationships.

Also, I'm catching up after having been out of the loop for a bit - still not feeling Tynion's "Batman" run, but #104 delivering it's Ghost Maker exposition through Dick via Robin flashbacks (original costume!) and Spyral references was appreciated. Along with the casual suggestion that all of Bruce's "never talks to a living soul about this" secrets have an "except for Dick" qualifier - and that Dick will do his own follow-up on things like that.
    That sounds good. Care to elaborate on the Spyral references?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That sounds good. Care to elaborate on the Spyral references?
    It's not major, but it's nice to have it there - a lot of what Dick tells Barbara/the audience about Ghost Maker and his current situation is what he learned by looking him up in Spyral's files when he was with them.

In fairness to him, Tynion does a reasonable job of "Ghost Maker has always been a thing - you just didn't see him before". So Batman and Robin run into him briefly in the early years, spiking Dick's curiosity - Dick is also the only one aware that Bruce attempted to contact him for "Batman Incorporated" but it didn't go well.

Speaking of spyral I hope that spyral and dick's connection to it isn't done. With bendis's upcoming checkmate/leviathan book (tiger and dr.netz are there) it would be a cool way for nightwing to have a larger role in the dcu with his solo in bludhaven. Something for dick outside of both batman and titans, this way everyone gets something bludhaven, spyral and titans all at the same time.

I'll give babs a chance in nightwing but does she have to be batgirl and oracle? Would've love if steph had the batgirl role and babs had oracle. But babs gets both roles and steph going back to limbo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Speaking of spyral I hope that spyral and dick's connection to it isn't done. With bendis's upcoming checkmate/leviathan book (tiger and dr.netz are there) it would be a cool way for nightwing to have a larger role in the dcu with his solo in bludhaven. Something for dick outside of both batman and titans, this way everyone gets something bludhaven, spyral and titans all at the same time.

I'll give babs a chance in nightwing but does she have to be batgirl and oracle? Would've love if steph had the batgirl role and babs had oracle. But babs gets both roles and steph going back to limbo.
    Spyral has no role in the dcu, they don’t do anything, no one talks about them. They are not like SHIELD

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Spyral has no role in the dcu, they don’t do anything, no one talks about them. They are not like SHIELD
    Bludhaven has no role in the dcu, it don't do anything , no one talks about it. It is not like GOTHAM .

The point would be nightwing building it up to take on leviathan, also play in the larger dcu. Especially with tta having him just as a classroom teacher.

The ONE TIME Blüdhaven was relevant to the DCU- Final Crisis- Dick's connection wasn't even mentioned and he played no role in the story. Hell, Tomasi's run in New York had more relevance to the greater DCU with the few throwaway lines in Blackest Night.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)