Page 37 of 233 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

If he needs to travel he would have to get money to do that somehow. So what if he went back as a acrobat ? Or a private detective? A way to write Bludhaven is that maybe it’s a safe city crime doesn’t happen here. That the gang lords don’t want crime to happen here so it’s outsourced
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-19-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And a lot of his best stuff is one-and-done issues too, that don't stick in the memory as easily as a big crazy six issue arc.
    There was a single issue of Nightwing by the guys who finished Grayson that I'd add to your list. It was very pulp martial arts movie in tone, and narrated by Damian. I wanna say Roy was in it. Stellar issue. I know its not officially Nightwing, but speaking of great single issues, The Gun Goes Off is still probably my favorite single comic issue of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    The problem isn’t Nightwing.
    To clarify, I'm with you on this one hundred percent. Correlation doesn't equal causation. There is a correlation though. Nightwing books tend to peak at "pretty good!" while Dick in other costumes or situations peak at "Holy cow this is amazing." I think it has more to do on how much freedom the creator has to do what they want. Seeley's work with Nightwing as Batman's global strike force of one is absolutely killer. His stuff with Dick in Bludhaven is... well, less killer. That's not a problem with Bludhaven persay, its a problem with Seeley being told that he HAD to write stories in bludhaven whether he wanted to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    in my mind dick should be a spy but as nightwing.

Just copy young justice outsiders nightwing.
    Yes aaaaand yes! I don't think that him not having a city is important persay. I think that Bludhaven as originally written by Dixon is a big problem. If you start the description as "Like Gotham but..." you've steered the ship wrong.

Yet another awful creatively lazy issue. 20 pages of repeating itself and telling reading stuff they already know. Continuing to move things along at a ridiculous snails pace just to introduce a potential magic hand wave cause and fix device.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-19-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yet another awful creatively lazy issue. 20 pages of repeating itself and telling reading stuff they already know. Continuing to move things along at a ridiculous snails pace just to introduce a potential magic hand wave fix device.
    It did have the original robin cosume though!

Eh, I can't say I liked it a lot. It was... uh, not good, but not awful either. It read kind of like some adventure book from the 40's aimed for kids. But I guess we get Dick back in May thanks to this out-of-nowhere new item that solves the problem.

When we did have better ways of solving the problem, ways we actually knew about before.

Art was nice, even if a little bit stiff for my tastes. That's a more positive trait of the issue.

Astonishing Member

It constantly feels like this whole thing is getting dragged out so it can interact with whatever "the next big crossover story" is.

Dick Grayson, even amnesiac, scaling a Swiss castle full of a secret society of European Owls and Talons could have had like an ultra, ultra Nick Fury or spy James Bond vibe. Instead it just feels slapdash. But I liked Joker's "eenie, meenie, Nightwingy, no" rhyme. That was cute.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    It constantly feels like this whole thing is getting dragged out so it can interact with whatever "the next big crossover story" is.

Dick Grayson, even amnesiac, scaling a Swiss castle full of a secret society of European Owls and Talons could have had like an ultra, ultra Nick Fury or spy James Bond vibe. Instead it just feels slapdash. But I liked Joker's "eenie, meenie, Nightwingy, no" rhyme. That was cute.
    I feel like this whole insufferable Ric thing will be dragged on (and finally get resolved) just in time for DC to convert to 5G...meaning he'll be restored as Dick/Nightwing and immediately get aged up and out of his usefulness. And therefore we STILL won't get to see Dick back in his glory. A newcomer will take over the book and bye bye Dick Grayson.

Iirc, 4g and 3g are going to have minis and limited series. I'm sure Dick is going to get more than a few as soon as some writer presents some interesting enough pitch. And at this point? I read more of those than actual regular series.

What a garbage issue. Just so much recap and barely any plot movement like always. I really don't understand how this series gets any praise from people, but I don't want to get banned again so I won't go further into that. The decisions Jurgens made with the dumb magic crystal or having Dick travel all the way to Europe when he could have just gone to Gotham and spoken to Batman when it is extremely obvious what memories are real anyway to help sort all this out is so poorly planned out. It sucks because Jurgens is going to probably stay on the title for a long time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Iirc, 4g and 3g are going to have minis and limited series. I'm sure Dick is going to get more than a few as soon as some writer presents some interesting enough pitch. And at this point? I read more of those than actual regular series.
    There has been no confirmation on that rumor. All we know is that there will be one shots for the different Generations before 5G starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    There has been no confirmation on that rumor. All we know is that there will be one shots for the different Generations before 5G starts.
    Oh, it's not confirmed? But I think I recall reading the announcement for some minis already? Black Label minis, which is pretty fitting, because I'm sure most fans of Dick and the other titans gen characters are more or less around my age or older. Maybe I read about some speculation and my mind decided it was an actual fact :/.

Extraordinary Member

They really are stretching this out, he won’t go to batman becuase it would be to danm easy huh

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Oh, it's not confirmed? But I think I recall reading the announcement for some minis already? Black Label minis, which is pretty fitting, because I'm sure most fans of Dick and the other titans gen characters are more or less around my age or older. Maybe I read about some speculation and my mind decided it was an actual fact :/.
    I'm pretty sure. I think in the last group of solicits they are going to start releasing a one shot per month until 5G starting with Generation One attempting to explain their new universe outline. Which the first one is about Wonder Woman and the JSA and some secret history with Lucius Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm pretty sure. I think in the last group of solicits they are going to start releasing a one shot per month until 5G starting with Generation One attempting to explain their new universe outline. Which the first one is about Wonder Woman and the JSA and some secret history with Lucius Fox.
    Darn, grrr. I was happier 15 minutes ago! ù__ú
    Oh well, I guess I still can hope for it to happen, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I feel like this whole insufferable Ric thing will be dragged on (and finally get resolved) just in time for DC to convert to 5G...meaning he'll be restored as Dick/Nightwing and immediately get aged up and out of his usefulness. And therefore we STILL won't get to see Dick back in his glory. A newcomer will take over the book and bye bye Dick Grayson.
    The book will just not exist if Dick isn't Nightwing. They didn't make Tim the new Nightwing when Dick became Batman and Damian became Robin, they made him Red Robin and ended the Nightwing title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

Doesn’t the fact he has to do this and find his doctor in the later prove his owl
    Memories are false?