Page 164 of 233 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3481
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Maybe with Mark Waid back at DC we will get him on Nightwing instead of a super book...hey, I know. But let me dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, that new cover looks like it is basically setting up a relaunch. We've thought that for a while so it isn't a surprise, but I guess we don't really know if Dick will even keep his solo. It is the kind of cover that they tend to use for a final issue even if this isn't listed as one. The whole solicit was kind of generic and not really indicative of anything really. DC's continuity is such a mess that I don't really have any hope that it will make more sense after Death Metal, so I don't really know what to expect. Part of me wishes there would be another big reboot, but every new reboot tends to be worse and worse for Dick, so it probably wouldn't be the best.
    I'm hoping we get some solid news this weekend at the fandome. I mean, at bare minimum I want to know whether he's even going to have a solo after the culling. I'd really like to know who the creators are if his book survives, and what the general direction/premise will be.

It's probably still too early for us to learn much of DC/AT&T's plans; the shakeups likely aren't settled enough for DC to have a ton they can talk about yet. But I mostly just want to know the book is safe, and not getting bottom of the barrel creators.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

What's the point of a relaunch if they will just continue to do the same things they're doing now. When they relaunch will he not be in bludhaven, with the titans, will they won't they with babs or star, treated like a sidekick? But the relaunch isn't for nightwing so I get it.

On that same note, what is the point of bringing Dick back if they are just gonna have him do the same things as Ric under the same writer as Ric. Answer is there is none, they are just desperate and trying to do what they can with the little means they are willing to afford the character. Its the same reason Ric existed in the first place. The felt they had to do something, so they did, but couldn't afford to take the time to actually think it trough and actually execute it properly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2020 at 04:38 PM.

There's clearly some plans for the Titans in the works
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Has there been any word on the book yet this fandome?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has there been any word on the book yet this fandome?
    Nah this fandome was pointless

So 2021 we get to try this again
    Having Nightwing in animation, the comics and live action
    Hopefully DC will let him be for a year

Spectacular Member

Has Tom king ever revealed if he would have brought dick grayson back before Batman 100 had he stayed on the title? Im surprised he didnt wrap up the Ric/Dick story before leaving or maybe he told Tynion when to and how he would have restored him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Has Tom king ever revealed if he would have brought dick grayson back before Batman 100 had he stayed on the title? Im surprised he didnt wrap up the Ric/Dick story before leaving or maybe he told Tynion when to and how he would have restored him.
    The only plan of Tom King for Dick was to shot him.

He doesn't have any plan or involvement about what to do with Dick after that.

Tom King was pretty fine with DC using Zatanna to cure Dick, since he doesn't need Dick anymore. He just needed Dick to be shot to affect Bruce.

It is DC who decided they want the shot to have consequences.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-12-2020 at 08:48 PM.

He wanted Dick back for City of Bane. Bone-headed move on his part to have a shock value moment without thinking out the consequences.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

He screwed Percy but to be fair Ric shouldn't have been as bad as it actually turned out. It took a special kind of incompetency to have it turn out like it did. At worse it should have been a mediocre amnesia story. What they did though, and the creators they got to do it, they took it to another level of awful and lazy. Blatantly regurgitating recently failed ideas like We Are Robin, going to the lowest performing creators who don't generate and have a reputation for screwing up franchises (among other things), and letting it continue for two years despite its reception and its downward trend into new lows. I don't think anyone would have thought shooting him in the head would snowball into that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-13-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    He wanted Dick back for City of Bane. Bone-headed move on his part to have a shock value moment without thinking out the consequences.
    Yeah, he mentioned wanting to use the Robins more in his run but not being allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah, he mentioned wanting to use the Robins more in his run but not being allowed.
    Yeah, But it might be a good thing or they could have gotten Shock Value bullets in the head too...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So, Jurgens is still on NIGHTWING?

Jurgens said he was going to do a couple of issues after #75, before leaving the book to a new creative team. Probably we will get a new writer in issue #78.