Page 183 of 233 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    is that the reason he gave? I remember Morrison saying that about DickBats but didn't know Snyder ever said that. I remember him saying he would like to write Nightwing.

All his tweets that I recall say nightwing not Dickbats.
    Well, that's not exactly as you remember.
    Morrison said he wanted to write more about Batman and Robin, 'cause he had a lot of ideas with Dick and Damian's Dynamic Duo.
    Snyder said he had other stories planned for DickBats, included the Court of Owls, but he was forced to turn it into a Bruce's story. Now, he is using some of the ideas he had back then, but as a Nightwing story. Bruce is missing, as in Reborn, but Dick is not going to be Batman. This is about a Gotham and a Batfam with Nightwing as their protector/leader, so, yeah, it's a Nightwing story.
    Dick is a detective, he is always been, since he was a kid, so i don't get your point against that word.
    I hope this will be one of the great stories Nightwing deserves.

And I hope it will help to show to DC Nightwing is important. I hope they never try to make him Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Well, that's not exactly as you remember.
    Morrison said he wanted to write more about Batman and Robin, 'cause he had a lot of ideas with Dick and Damian's Dynamic Duo.
    Snyder said he had other stories planned for DickBats, included the Court of Owls, but he was forced to turn it into a Bruce's story. Now, he is using some of the ideas he had back then, but as a Nightwing story. Bruce is missing, as in Reborn, but Dick is not going to be Batman. This is about a Gotham and a Batfam with Nightwing as their protector/leader, so, yeah, it's a Nightwing story.
    Dick is a detective, he is always been, since he was a kid, so i don't get your point against that word.
    I hope this will be one of the great stories Nightwing deserves.
    Thanks for the correction

My point is that the detective shtick is Bruce's. He is the one usually sold as the detective. Yes we all know that Dick is a detective but by placing emphasis on it it feels like Bruce-lite.

Like the writer is trying to tell us that Dick also has detective skills just like batman. Something we already knew.

My point is that the detective shtick is Bruce's. He is the one usually sold as the detective. Yes we all know that Dick is a detective but by placing emphasis on it it feels like Bruce-lite.

Like the writer is trying to tell us that Dick also has detective skills just like batman. Something we already knew.
    While I understand what you mean and I too would have liked for Snyder's story to be something grander and set in the larger DCU, I actually believe a lot of people don't know (or don't want to admit tbh) that Dick is a good detective. Nightwing falling into Bruce-lite could definitely be an issue that the book might have, but I think it's good to show that Bruce (or Tim) doesn't hold the trademark on the word detective. Imo, we haven't really seen Dick use detective skills to a high extend in the last few years. Nothing in the vein of Black Mirror at least.

I think it's an opportunity to have a Nightwing title tied to a detective story in contrast to a DickBats.

Not quite. The whole point of the story is to emphasize how different Dick is as a detective than Bruce.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think it's an opportunity to have a Nightwing title tied to a detective story in contrast to a DickBats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Not quite. The whole point of the story is to emphasize how different Dick is as a detective than Bruce.
    This is how I interpreted the idea too

Excuse me? Dick is a detective, one of the greatest. If anything, not focusing on that skillset is a huge mishandling of the character rather than making him Bruce-lite. Dick's been watered down quite a lot over the years, but I never really expected to hear this lol. Dick minus the "detective" is not Dick at all.

Ya, they’re all detectives. This seems like tying to emphasize a personal style to it. Which is, yes. Look they all fight, they all jump, they all do detective stuff. Trying to claim a general trait is pointless. This is something they still have yet to learn with Tim. But establishing a particular signature or style with the general traits, that’s how they should be going about it. He doesn’t have to be the best detective, he doesn’t have to be the only detective, but as long as he has his own particular style as a detective they can play into that more with him then. Different styles and approaches creates diversity with their shared traits. Dick as detective becomes more valuable, not because he’s the best, but because it’s an alternative style and approach to that area.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Yeah, that was the point of Bendis's story in Detective Comics #1027. Everyone arrived independently to work the same case, and Bruce told them all at the end that they're good detectives. The only one absent was Cassandra Cain, whose communication disability would impair her detective skills (she makes up for it by being the bat family's best combatant though).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope things get better for Dick. I mean DC says Dick gets along with all the heroes but we don't see it. I mean wouldn't it be nice if there was an event that Dick had to appear in other books?

No because Tim isn't Nightwing and never has been. He'll become RR like the comics.

There's no reason for Tim to inherit Dick's mantle simply because it's vacant.
    Right, I just meant Nightwing being an intermediate mantle from Robin to Batman would only be true if another Robin followed the same path. If Dick were the only character to go from Robin to Nightwing to Batman then wouldn't that just make the Nightwing mantle exclusive to him? Assuming it's permanently retired.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Last Knight on Earth was the last time Snyder used Nightwing, right? How did y'all like it?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I liked it, Bryce was interesting. Never had any problems with Snyder’s Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I liked it, Bryce was interesting. Never had any problems with Snyder’s Dick.
    I guess my only issue was that Dick wasn't able to resolve things without the new Batman. Like, I get the "Batman for every generation" thing, but Dick was right there. I know, I know, it was a specific story with a specific goal, but still.

Regardless, it was a gorgeous book and I liked everyone's character designs.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.