Page 23 of 233 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

SPOILERS for Batman Beyond #40.

spoilers:
    Dicks' daughter Ellaina is the New Batwoman.
    end of spoilers

Links for the pages: https://imgur.com/a/qxDxipE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    SPOILERS for Batman Beyond #40.

spoilers:
    Dicks' daughter Ellaina is the New Batwoman.
    end of spoilers

Links for the pages: https://imgur.com/a/qxDxipE
    Who is the mother

Who is Ellaina?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Who is Ellaina?
    His daughter apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Who is Ellaina?
    spoilers:
    The mysterious Batwoman in Batman Beyond who it turns out is Dick's Daughter but we don't yet know the mum
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    His daughter apparently
    Yes. Batman Beyond #25 (December 2018) introduced us to this BB Continuity's Dick Grayson, who has become Mayor of Bludhaven and has a daughter, Elainna. He wants her to have a "normal" safe life, although apparently she was in "the service." I don't think we have learned who her mother is, although Dick indicates that her mother is the reason he wants Elainna to stay away from the caped set.

(I referred to "this BB Continuity" because the various BB books seem to all have their own continuity each time they relaunch and the past stories don't necessarily transfer over to the next series. I think we are currently on "Volume 6" but I could easily have lost count...)
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Yes. Batman Beyond #25 (December 2018) introduced us to this BB Continuity's Dick Grayson, who has become Mayor of Bludhaven and has a daughter, Elainna. He wants her to have a "normal" safe life, although apparently she was in "the service." I don't think we have learned who her mother is, although Dick indicates that her mother is the reason he wants Elainna to stay away from the caped set.

(I referred to "this BB Continuity" because the various BB books seem to all have their own continuity each time they relaunch and the past stories don't necessarily transfer over to the next series. I think we are currently on "Volume 6" but I could easily have lost count...)
    Sounds like babs or Shawn

I doubt Jurgan's even knows who Shawn is.

Clearly he doesn't, considering he's Nightwing's current writer, and she hasn't been used.

Babs would make sense. I think we can rule out Huntress (as that would probably make Elainna dark skinned) and Starfire (she'd inherit her superpowers). Of course, Mom may not even be an established character.

And yes, the Rebirth series is volume 6.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Sounds like babs or Shawn
    I'm going with neither. Unless Dick and Babs got a divorce, but it hasn't been referenced at all.

And Shawn... Yeah. That's a one and done and basically swept under the rug at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Clearly he doesn't, considering he's Nightwing's current writer, and she hasn't been used.

Babs would make sense. I think we can rule out Huntress (as that would probably make Elainna dark skinned) and Starfire (she'd inherit her superpowers). Of course, Mom may not even be an established character.

And yes, the Rebirth series is volume 6.
    Elainna means "sun ray". So I think Starfire is the best bet.

Do we know that human - tammeranian children necessarilly inherit the powers? Didn't Damian and Dick's daughter Mar'i in Kingdom Come have two children and one looked tammeranian and the other human.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As much as I loved Seeley, Shawn always felt pretty forgettable. He never really wanted to do Bludhaven, and I think that Shawn is a product of that. "Oh well I have to do this? Um... here is a... *checks notes* ...love interest."

She has dark eyes. The mother would have to have dark eyes (brown, I guess. But comics paint black eyes dark blue too), if they tried to follow some semblance of biological logic.

From what I've seen of her she seems cool and interesting looking forward to her as batwoman. Oh isn't this canon?

I doubt the mother is babs, starfire or helena. So who would you think/like to be the mother if not those three.

I would like an original character or one that's never revealed. Just don't make it another Dc Character that'll just add more sides to the shipping war.