Page 154 of 233 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3481

From the Gotham Knights game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    From the Gotham Knights game.
    This looks cool. You guys think Nightwing comics can be better after Dan plans for Nightwing is done ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea the person that I was talking to kept saying that he treated Star badly and in the 2000 run he hit on Rachel and Kory at the same time. I mean it's never been a thing with Rachel(Raven) and thing. I guess people do have issues with Dick due to certain things that come off wrongly. Especially with the Babs situation.
    He treated Star badly? Is he serious? Kory had a state wedding, and Dick was the one suffering. Then, he was raped and the only thing Kory kept telling him was it was his fault. That's what ruined their relationship, imho. She was so selfish and cruel, I started hating her.
    Next time, remember this person that Kory blamed Dick for having been raped. I think no relationship can survive after such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    He treated Star badly? Is he serious? Kory had a state wedding, and Dick was the one suffering. Then, he was raped and the only thing Kory kept telling him was it was his fault. That's what ruined their relationship, imho. She was so selfish and cruel, I started hating her.
    Next time, remember this person that Kory blamed Dick for having been raped. I think no relationship can survive after such a thing.
    Here's Kory victim-blaming him.

Last edited by Drako; 08-26-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    The problem here is that almost nobody in and out universe take seriously enough Dick's rape by Mirage (definitely, not the writer).

It is difficult to blame Kory when the writer doesn't even see the real problem.

Something similar happened with Dick's rape by Tarantula. I think Batman and Barbara were slut-shaming him too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-26-2020 at 05:30 PM.

I forgot about the Mirage thing. Wow, that's twice Dick was raped. Poor bastard.

As for the Dick & Kori debate....there are no good answers here. After the wedding plans began to fall apart nobody there comes out looking good. We can debate whether one is more to blame than the other but the writer (were we still with Wolfman then, or had he taken his break at that point? I forget) dropped the ball and as far as I'm concerned, derailed both characters' trajectories.

They're both victims, not of events in the comics but of the beginning of the Titans' collapse.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I forgot about the Mirage thing. Wow, that's twice Dick was raped. Poor bastard.

As for the Dick & Kori debate....there are no good answers here. After the wedding plans began to fall apart nobody there comes out looking good. We can debate whether one is more to blame than the other but the writer (were we still with Wolfman then, or had he taken his break at that point? I forget) dropped the ball and as far as I'm concerned, derailed both characters' trajectories.

They're both victims, not of events in the comics but of the beginning of the Titans' collapse.
    Yeah Wolfman was still writting at the time, the whole 130 issues, it was a mercy when it was over.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

I can't see Nightwing ending up with anyone. He doesn't have that one true love like Batman and Superman. Even the popular Babs and Kori ships are ages ago in comics. DC just passes Nightwing from girl to girl. Batman Beyond didn't even care to tell who was his wife. I'm quite cold anyway to any Nightwing shipping. People hate him for being a "slut". But I know some good cool guys like him and Nightwing is normally the one who suffers more in the relationships. The girls are not thrown in the refrigerator, which cannot be said the same to Kyle Rayner, Spider-man or Daredevil. And the girls tend to be at the same level as Nightwing or just using him (Lmao).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    They really want to dismiss Dick feelings toward Kory at that time.

In Gotham Kinghts (2000-2006) #43, Batman tells Barbara that Dick still love her and that "his thing with the alien won't last". It was a story set in the past when Jason was Robin.
    I don't know what's more noticeable, Bruce playing a DickxBabs shipper or being so dismissive of Kori. What, were the Titans also just a phase?

Mighty Member

People forgot about the woman who had sex with Dick when he was a minor. That is rape. Double standards? Smh right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    People forgot about the woman who had sex with Dick when he was a minor. That is rape. Double standards? Smh right now.
    This is the first time i ever heard of that. Also superhero comics don't have a good trackrecord in dealing with male victims of sexual assault.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    This is the first time i ever heard of that. Also superhero comics don't have a good trackrecord in dealing with male victims of sexual assault.
    Liu. She took Dick's virginity and used him to access WayneCorp. Basically, Wolfman used her to explain why Dick has no stable relationship, etc.

Liu. She took Dick's virginity and used him to access WayneCorp. Basically, Wolfman used her to explain why Dick has no stable relationship, etc.
    I guess that would do it to a guy...

I still prefer Kori being his first, personally. With Babs maybe being his first kiss.

Yeah, that story isn't very good. It looked like Marv didn't care and basically used the Nightwing title as a advertising to his new Vigilante series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that would do it to a guy...

I still prefer Kori being his first, personally. With Babs maybe being his first kiss.
    Bette Kane is his first kiss, if i recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Bette Kane is his first kiss, if i recall correctly.
    Is she? I know her Bat-Girl was meant to be a girlfriend-type for Robin like Batowman was for Batman, but Bette's affection for Dick in later comics always seemed completely like a one-sided crush.