Page 106 of 233 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3481
    Amazing Member

There is a Nightwing variant for Batman #99. And it looks so good and everything right about this world. I love it.

The thing with Deathstorke isn't he like a hitman for hire? That's the thing what would keep him in Dick's world and not just any other character?

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    There is a Nightwing variant for Batman #99. And it looks so good and everything right about this world. I love it.
    The boy is looking beautiful!
    Last edited by Drako; 06-09-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Looking good. I hope they stop with all the losing memories stuff.

Okay, who are Nightwing's popular villains?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay overall who is NIghtwing's archyenemy? That's one thing that needs to be put up. I don't mind if he shares at least one Batman villian.
    It used to be Blockbuster, but these days it tends to be William Cobb and The Court, but Zucco is still the most consistent because of the parent's murder thing.

The thing with Deathstorke isn't he like a hitman for hire? That's the thing what would keep him in Dick's world and not just any other character?
    That's the thing that makes Deathstroke works with any character. Want Deathstroke just add victim.

I mean he could have more than one. Blockbuster can still work if you can write him right.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    IT'S OVER!! IT'S OVER!!

"And then in Batman #99 on September 15, Nightwing returns to Gotham City in 'The Joker War' part four!" DC's description continues. "Things have changed, as Batman realizes he can’t fight this war alone. He’s going to need help. Before he faces down The Joker, he must call up his trusty partner Dick Grayson! But can Dick reclaim his lost memories in time to join the battle?"

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing...the-joker-war/

Really? You don't wanna wait until #100?

I mean he could have more than one. Blockbuster can still work if you can write him right.
    I thought that Raptor had potential too. Hopefully we see him again sometime, he was the rare Nightwing villain that was a part of Dick's world first and foremost.

Raptor was the best true Nightwing villain. A villian created for him and from him. Challenging the character about meta issues, while at same time being relevant to modern day. I really hope to see Raptor again in a big way, but at the same time from better creators as to not water him down with lazy and generic characterizations like we just saw with Cobb.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The boy is looking beautiful!
    Jorge is a fantastic artist, I'd love to see him on Nightwing!

Oh, as for archnemesis.....it's probably between Blockbuster and Cobb. Cobb and the Court have been a big focus in recent years but Blockbuster has been a major player in Dick's story for twenty-odd years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

For all the main Court stories Dick is on the peripheral. Their Bat villains that the current Bat office just overuse on Nightwing. As for Cobb that last arc only the second time Dick has run into him. And to do that they completely changed him and how the Court operate.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Eh, not like the Court has a lot of consistency to it anyway.

I'd say Blockbuster is still the Big Bad #1, but I'm willing to entertain the notion of it being Cobb.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

We could easily rewrite Cobb. Most things can work with enough imagination. So going with what we have. Dick works or at least own Haley Circus. He does live in Bludhaven with him continually traveling with Haley Circus seasonal. He have to recuse Talons and talons in training. So with this set up how does Blockbuster play a part?

They did rewrite Cobb. Problem is Cobb is an exploited and mutated foot soldier, in which lies the tragedy of him, with personal motivations rooted in Gotham. Trying to turn Cobb into a archenemies, that follows Dick in Bludhaven, completely misses the point of the character and what he represents.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They did rewrite Cobb. Problem is Cobb is an exploited and mutated foot soldier, in which lies the tragedy of him, with personal motivations rooted in Gotham. Trying to turn Cobb into a archenemies, that follows Dick in Bludhaven, completely misses the point of the character and what he represents.
    True. I guess he could be one of those villains that pops in and out. So far what villains could we rewrite?