Page 108 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3481

How much of his life has been downplayed? If there is a way to fix it would be nice. Maybe even those he isn't actually a JL member. He could get an arc with the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You know what is really weird in issue #71? Spoilers ahead, i guess.

Ric left the Bar and immediately Joker appears at the stairs. Then we see Ric fighting and defeating Tusk but the Joker still is at the same place we last saw him, making time for Ric to rescue Bea. So Ric changed his clothes, fought Tusk like a block away, realize the Joker was behind this distraction, came back and the Clown just went down the stairs?

You could take all the pages of the fight off and nothing really changes.

I really wish i are not stuck with Dun Jurgens after Dick is back.
    LoL, ya such poorly executed padding to needlessly stretch the issue. But honestly is pretty much how all Jurgans' issues go though. 75% of the are generic padding till he gets to basically the cover.

The more I think about. The more I wonder. Is one reason why none of the Robins have appeared is due to Batman and Robin?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The more I think about. The more I wonder. Is one reason why none of the Robins have appeared is due to Batman and Robin?
    what do you mean

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I am fine with Williamson, I like his writing on Flash and Batman/Superman so I would gladly read him on Nightwing.
    I'd be happy with Williamson, too - he's not one of the "A-List Dream" writers, but he's got a lot of pluses in the Nightwing-specific writer stakes. He's big enough to have a bit of clout, but not so big that he isn't happy to commit to long runs. He plays well with editorial, without the cracks really showing. His Flash run showed him happy to do the long-term grinding of developing allies and villains without taking the main character away from centre-stage....

We could do a lot worse!

Honestly i'd be shocked if they had a creative team yet.

What would be your creative team for Nightwing? Not a dream team, but one that could happen IRL.

My right now is Joshua Williamson and Travis Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    what do you mean
    From what I could see maybe Batman and Robin had cancalled any ideas of having Nightwing having a movie. Or any other robins appearing in Batman

What would be your creative team for Nightwing? Not a dream team, but one that could happen IRL.

Is getting Seeley back too unrealistic

His run wasn't perfect but I felt like he genuinely understood what made the character tick, if editorial took the hands off the wheel a bit I feel like he could do something really interesting with Nightwing's world.

If we're talking pure "realistic" choices, then Williamson is my top choice. I agree with everything Claude said; Williamson has clout, but isn't such a big name DC would pull him off the book to do some big high profile Crisis gig. Williamson can do long runs and develop characters and concepts over the long term, and he can play nice with editorial and make whatever crap they throw at him work to his advantage.

I wouldn't be opposed to Waid either, if the rumors of him returning to DC are true. But he doesn't seem to do long runs anymore, and I don't enjoy his work as much as I used to, otherwise he'd be my #1 pick.

More than anything I'd like to see Seeley put back on the title with no editorial interference, but I don't think that's in the cards.

As for artists.....Dan Mora. He's a legit talent with a really great style that's fitting for Nightwing, but I don't think he's such a big deal that he's "too big" for Nightwing.

I'd also love to get Jorge Jimenez but I'm not sure if he's too big a name now, after his JL run.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wouldn't mind Seeley back on the character with a Black Label. A Black Label Grayson even maybe, lol. When it comes to the main series though i don't want to see them go back. Honestly im kind of hoping for new blood, someone from out of the industry even.

Also are we sure Williamson is a realistic choice. Going from Flash and Batman/Superman to Nightwing. Ya, i don't see it. He seems the kind of creator they would take off Nightwing so they could put him on the more favorable ips.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-10-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Also are we sure Williamson is a realistic choice. Going from Flash and Batman/Superman to Nightwing. Ya, i don't see it. He seems the kind of creator they would take off Nightwing so they could put him on the more favorable ips.
    Well we don't really know how DC rates their talent or what books that talent can have, so no we're not sure.

I haven't looked at sales figures in a while, but far as I know both Flash and Superman-Batman are mid-tier titles with mid-level sales. I'm pretty sure that Nightwing sold roughly the same as both, and possibly better, back in normal days before DC took a collective crap on Dick Grayson's head. So it might not be out of the realm of possibility.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hey man, I adore Dan Mora and if we could clone him, yeah, give me some Dan Mora Nightwing... But I don't want to lose Once & Future and the occasional Klaus!

I think Gail Simone, Chip Zdarsky or Matt Fraction would be great on Nightwing if given a shot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Travis Moore, with cover by Dan Mora and variant by Jorge Jimenez

Writer, either Snyder or Seeley, each has its own weakness. Snyder with his narration and tendency to go too epic. Seeley tends to make Dick to self-aware at being sexy and no-homo-ing Superman.

I think I'm gonna go with Snyder because unlike Batman who has enough epic, Dick NEEDS an epic where he's the main character. Most of his stories tend to be personal while in any epic he's more of a supporting cast.

I loved this panel, it was about time to restore Dick and Slade's past history.
    Attached Images Attached Images